E-track Questions

wantahertzdonut

I just bought a trailer that has an E-Track strip already laid down.  When tying a bike down, do you use a chock in addition to the E-Track or does it work as a standalone retention system?  I'm guessing no but need to ask.  I have two chocks already so that's no issue, they just need to be bolted down.  But I would sell them if they're not necessary.

before I started using pitbull TRS. I used chocks in conjunction with etrack.. basically think of etrack as a tie down point.

you can get etrack  ring ancors or if you want some really slick self ratcheting  tie downs look for cargo buckles.. 
you bolt the  chock down where you want the bike then  use tie dowsn to ancor the bike via the etrack

Use a chock. We set Kevin's trailer up where the etrack was ahead of the chock, and the tie downs pulled the bike into the chock securely. If you have the room to do that, awesome. but if your trailer layout doesn't allow for that any combination of the chock and track will be better than the track alone.

Tie down point only, got it.  I'll order some rings from Amazon.  I have ratchets so I'm set there.

I think my etrack strip is too far back to allow putting the chock behind it and still close the door, but I'll check and see.  I'll get into the trailer this weekend and sort that stuff out.  Worst case the chocks will be on top of the strip.  Thanks for the pointers!

Edited by wantahertzdonut

I figured The Home-po or All Time Lowes would carry the anchors but apparently do not, at least according to their website when I search for e track.  Anyone know where I can get these locally?  I was going to order a set of 10 from Amazon but forgot to do so last week.

Max- is that where you got all those awesome straps for your Etrack?  Those were LEGIT man, like made hauling that golf cart so easy and quick to load and unload.

I need to run down to Rural King actually, never been and it looks like a man store.

PS; gonna try to install my new 5 inch exhaust on the truck tonight, if it's being a slut like it was last night I may be reaching out for any idease you have.  I had to borrow a grinder and good Sawzall blade from Jim last night but by that time it was too late in the night.  I had all the sensors unplugged and then couldn't get the back bolts out of the clamps, both nuts were corroded too badly.

Figure just take the grinder to the bolts and cut them off as I have all new hardware, then replace the front 2 bolts off the down pipe if they suck too.