Where Do You Mount Your Camera?

TMonhollen

Recently bought a GoPro Hero 2 (Thanks Bitani :D). For those of you that do record/mount a camera somewhere, where do you typically put it? 

I have the suction cup mount, and I think 5 or so sticky placers.

What works best for you? Pics would be appreciated.

One of the best things about these cameras is you can put them anywhere using the sticky mounts. They remove easily with a credit card....don't reuse the mounts without replacing the tape though, it will probably fail.  The tape used is 3m something or other, but if you go to an auto parts store and pick up "molding tape" it is nearly identical(sometimes different thicknesses).

Do yourself a favor and use a couple zip ties to tether the thing in place; it is a little more work to mount and remove the camera, but that is better then finding that a mount cracked and your camera is nowhere to be found.  The little hinge at the bottom of the housing has an open area where you can fit a tiny zip tie through, or making a safety wire loop is another option.

Chinbar on the Bell helmet was made to perfectly fit a sticky mount. Haven't found a good option for the Shoei Qwest yet. Top is too far up, on the chinbar (or chesty) mount it's a better first person view of what's going on. 

Just an FYI, we found out at the gap that the cameras do not charge while recording. Well, at least Tim's GoPro 3 Silver edition didn't.

Edited by RHill

With my Concours C10 fairing, I nade an "L" shaped bracket and mounted my Hero just under the Left mirror. I shored up the pocket lid with a few screws and foam, and the mount is very stable. My videos are the best I've ever had.

Ride safe all,

Greg

Just an FYI, we found out at the gap that the cameras do not charge while recording. Well, at least Tim's GoPro 3 Silver edition didn't.

My gopro 3 silver charges while recording. I've used it multiple times and never had a problem. What is your charging setup?

Contour +2 goes on left side of helmet. Hero 3 Black goes either on the fork mount, adhesive mount on the flyscreen, or tank suction cup mount. That'd be pretty nice to have it charge while riding... I do have a couple battery banks I could probably use to charge it with. You guys have USB rigs connected to your battery?

Edited by 8Rider6

My gopro 3 silver charges while recording. I've used it multiple times and never had a problem. What is your charging setup?

It was a normal 12 volt adapter->USB cigarette adapter->usb cable->gopro.  It would charge fine when not recording, but after taking off with the camera recording it would die in minutes.  I'm not sure if his cigarette adapter was setup to turn on/off with the bike or not, but on the 3rd day of riding without charging the camera off-bike, it would die.

I've never bothered modding mine to charge while riding; I just have extra batteries and can charge them in my tank bag.

So I riding home from work tonight, with the suction mount on the windshied. Everything was going good for awhile lol, then when I got off of the highway it flew off right off of the windshield, but somehow, luckily, I had some ninja-type reflexes, I caught it :D