Ever Get The Feeling You Shouldn't Be Riding?

Bad324

I decided to get the bike out for the first time since getting back from the Gap trip and in no less than 20 mins I had 2 cars pull out in front of me, 1 try to merge into me and another way over the double yellow in a blind curve. At that point I just turned around and went back home before I ran out of close call luck

No, but I do get the feeling that other people should be driving

On my morning ride on down 28 from the Gap to SC literally EVERY car/van/truck I saw near a turn went over the double yellow.  I was getting furious.

I decided to get the bike out for the first time since getting back from the Gap trip and in no less than 20 mins I had 2 cars pull out in front of me, 1 try to merge into me and another way over the double yellow in a blind curve. At that point I just turned around and went back home before I ran out of close call luck

If it just does not feel right - for any reason - I'll turn for home every time.

This is the first time in 4 years of riding that so many different things happened in such a short amount of time. Just took the fun right out of it and when a hobby isn't fun to me, it's not worth doing anymore. It's exactly why I don't commute on the bike...well that and the whole company vehicle thing

I commute on the VFR when I can and expect that crap.  But when it affects my attitude, I'll turn around and go home.  I can avoid stupid people until it makes me angry, then I'm just a liability to myself and it's time to get off the bike.

Edited by JohnG

You know where there are no cars, intersections or driveways?  At a trackday

Oh yeah, there are no  :popo:  either

you know where I can't decide I want to ride an hour before I go on a week night with a shitty back tire and for free? A track day ;)

Edited by Bad324
  • Upvote 1

That's funny cause Rob (330racing) and I were talking about that the other day at Winking Lizard.  Absolutely, there are times when you don't feel it and those are the days you should be especially cautious or just not go out. Riding can be too unpredictable and have too many variables to not be fully into it. 

I have been there, on another note I had a great ride all alone last night with just my thoughts and the throttle. And even better I got home and parked her and 10 minutes later the rain started. Almost like Mother Nature was waiting for me before it started.

Edited by bowdog

That's funny cause Rob (330racing) and I were talking about that the other day at Winking Lizard.  Absolutely, there are times when you don't feel it and those are the days you should be especially cautious or just not go out. Riding can be too unpredictable and have too many variables to not be fully into it. 

yea I've definitely had days where I personally wasn't feeling it and have slowed down and been a lot easier. I've always been good at doing that but I think when it was all these other idiots that were out of my control is when I got to the point where I felt maybe today is just not my day to be riding

yea I've definitely had days where I personally wasn't feeling it and have slowed down and been a lot easier. I've always been good at doing that but I think when it was all these other idiots that were out of my control is when I got to the point where I felt maybe today is just not my day to be riding

Yea we were at the winking lizard talking about the OsuMJ losing her wallet and ID on the way down to GAP. We kind of had the same idea that if that happens, maybe that's someone saying to not go on the ride.

We both agreed that we would have not gone down on that trip due to that superstition. Glad everything went well but sometimes you gotta trust instinct.

Every time I see some tool texting and drifting in and out of the lane I think about selling the bike. I love it when they are texting and leave a huge gap in front of them at a light. You pull into the gap and they honk and road rage you when the light turns.  Riding a Motorcycle actually has turned into a game of survival.

No, but I do get the feeling that other people should be driving

On my morning ride on down 28 from the Gap to SC literally EVERY car/van/truck I saw near a turn went over the double yellow.  I was getting furious.

I don't like it when people are idiots during my commute, be it bike or cage.  Seems there is 1 idiot every time.

but...

I HATE IT, when I am on a fun/spirited ride and see crap like this. 

Oncoming traffic crossing the double yellow always reminds me not to push my skills to 100%, and dial it back so I have some contingency/wiggle room.