What Type Of Product To Use For Cleaning New Bike?

Steve Butters

Ok, I know this may be a stupid question....But what am I supposed to use to wash and wax my new bike? The paint color is "Matte Grey Metallic"....It's like a matte/satin finish with metal flake in it....Can I use regular car soap and paste waste to clean it up, same as any other bike? I dont wanna put wax on it and have it soak into the color or leave residue etc....I've never owned a vehicle with a matte finish

Also, it's got a rubberized area on the tank (like a protector from legs and belt, built in)....What's best to use on this? Some type of leather condition, that special stuff for "black plastic" etc, regular wax?

heres a pic of what I'm talking about

2012-Honda-CB1000R-Matt-Gray-and-Gold-09

thats the color, and the piece between seat and top of tank is the rubberized area

I have some of it and I like it, but I like to lay a layer of good paste wax once a month too.

Is that spray polish safe for the matte finish? and the rubberized finish?

I'm just hesitant not knowing what products are ok to use on a matter finish

maybe ill experiment on my helmet...i have a matte Bell helmet that I fucking hate....if i ruin a spot on it, i dont care too much lol.....I know someone here has to have some experience with this kind of paint though