"doing What He Loved To Do"

Scruit

those are only stopped/limited due to the law enforcement. without it, there would be much more intense acts that would only get larger and larger.

that's not the argument the CCW crowd are making... they need guns because cops are inept, slow to respond, utterly useless when time is of the essence, and do absolutely nothing to prevent crime.

Edited by magley64

The justice system enforces laws. That is what prevents us from going into a state of anarchy like Somalia. If everybody had guns and it was just a free for all, it would be chaos. Cops rarely prevent crime, but they do enforce laws. If cops were all pulled off of street duty, I'm not totally convinced it would make much difference.. .aside from probably more traffic accidents

That being said, you're being super sarcastic, but are half right. When it comes down to a time where seconds count, the police will do you no good. That's where personal protection is needed. Crime prevention is different than law enforcement.

an argument a group is using doesn't make it factual.  yes, a person should be able to carry a gun to protect themselves in the IMMEDIATE need. cops are RESPONDERS.  the prevention definitely is there, however they can't be everywhere at all times to see and stop everything.  carrying a gun to protect yourself in absence of an officer is nothing like officers not existing.

• Upvote 2

just an example of cops not being there in a timely fashion when needed: Friday we had an irate employee that quit that morning yet was demanding we pay him for the hours he worked that week or he wouldn't return the company truck he was driving. When I told him go ahead and take the truck, it'll be a bigger hassle for you than us I went to the parking lot to make sure I had the plate number to call it in. This is when he got in my face and threatened to kick my ass and the one lady freaked out (she didn't know I was armed and able to defend myself if needed) and called the police to remove him from the premises. It took them 15 minutes from the time of the phone call to actually arrive and he had finally left.

What if he had a weapon on him or did decide to attack me? Say he had the upper hand (he didn't he's a 5'4" pansy), was I to sit there and be pummeled for 15 mins before the cops actually arrived?

just an example of cops not being there in a timely fashion when needed: Friday we had an irate employee that quit that morning yet was demanding we pay him for the hours he worked that week or he wouldn't return the company truck he was driving. When I told him go ahead and take the truck, it'll be a bigger hassle for you than us I went to the parking lot to make sure I had the plate number to call it in. This is when he got in my face and threatened to kick my ass and the one lady freaked out (she didn't know I was armed and able to defend myself if needed) and called the police to remove him from the premises. It took them 15 minutes from the time of the phone call to actually arrive and he had finally left.

What if he had a weapon on him or did decide to attack me? Say he had the upper hand (he didn't he's a 5'4" pansy), was I to sit there and be pummeled for 15 mins before the cops actually arrived?

Elbowz pussy

• Upvote 1

Duane's rabid anti-ccw narrative aside, the police aren't even required to protect the individual.

Just to clarify, I'm not anti-CCW, I'm anti-gun. Since guns are already ubiquitous, and are likely to stay that way... I'm pro-CCW...

I'd rather people be licensed and trained on the basics.

Edited by magley64