Trying To Get A Feel For This Place...

Little Al

Since this is my second post I'd like to get an idea of the sort of people that roam the forum.

Is this a can-am ghey backwards three wheeler, "I really thought spraying myself with Axe would get me chicks" type of place?

I must admit that two thoughts go through my head when I see one going down the road. First thought...doucher. Second is why can't I ride a four wheeler down the road?

I can't say a lot... I don't have a bike yet. But when I find the one I want it won't have permanent training wheels bolted to it. You might as well wear a shirt saying that your wife carries your nuggets in her purse.

There are folks that like to ride but can't do 2 wheels for whatever reason. I have nothing against them.

I'll admit I am stereotyping a bit. My opinions are mostly based on a few people that I ran into who ride those things. More than a little pretentious. Almost like "wild hogs " meets "the kardashians".

Edited by Little Al
  • Upvote 1

I have a friend that rides a can am and she rides it because she had a bad low slide on her cruiser, and actually likes it over her old bike. I don't judge her because she still likes to get out and enjoy the ride just like us. You'll find all walks of life on this board man most are cool as hell when you get to know them a little, and will help you out as much as possible.

Edited by Dying Shadow
  • Upvote 1

:lol:

My biggest beef with the can am is what do you do when there is a big bloated road kill in your lane? How do you choose which tire to pop it with? The plastic front end seems too close to the ground to not get knocked off. Needs a cow catcher like an old steam engine.

That said, if I could have afforded one for my dad when he was too weak to keep his bike up, I would have bought it in a second.

Taking away his cruiser to sell it was one of the hardest things I've ever had to do.

• Upvote 2

3 wheelers at least make logical sense when the single wheel is in the back (assuming forward travel is the norm). I'm more confused by the gold wing 3 wheeler crowd. Those things are well north of $30K. Personally, I say a convertible cat is a great option if you don't or can't ride a 2 wheeler. What's the joy in getting hurt worse in crashes, getting wet in the rain and getting hot in the summer and cold in the winter???

Pretty negitive for only your second post.

There's a woman on the FJR forum that rides a spider since she a had a terrible accident about five years ago...she had the back wheels of a semi run over her and her FJR.

She rides her spider year round,knows central and northern California motorcycle roads better than most other California riders,takes multi-state rides,rides in all types of weather and posts some of the best pictures and ride reports I have ever seen.

Bottom line...she rides...and she has seen the darkest side of motorcycling and still rides.

If you think you can tell who's a "real" rider by the type of bike they ride,you might want to keep driving a car.

• Upvote 2

Ohio laws are pretty convoluted.

IMO 3 wheels does not "usually" make a motorcycle...

Motorcycles use gyroscopic motion to stay upright, and require countersteering to turn..

Can am and gw/harley trikes are just shitty roadsters with handlebars where a steering wheel should be. They steer like a car.

And yes, if spyders are street legal why not 4 wheelers? 1 wheel in the back is safer than 2? No... its just some stupid senseless classification law...

There are 3 wheelers that do countersteer like a motorcycle, and given the physics are the same, I would classify them as motorcycles.

and don't give me that shit about how "some people" can't hold up a 2 wheeler, if a paraplegic can do it, so can you...

Edited by magley64
  • Downvote 1

Pretty harsh smack talk coming from someone that doesn't ride or own a bike. If you don't post pics of your new zoomy liter bike in the next few days, go home and stay there. This is where real riders hang out. Oh, and Casper. He hangs out here too, but only because he owns the joint. If he wasn't our personal "RichyRich", we'd have booted him a while ago.

You're making a lot of assumptions. Not that I can talk, I assumed all can am riders were twats.

Trikes don't appeal to me either but I don't knock anyone that rides one for whatever reason.  Just wouldn't be the same as leaning thru the twisties on 2 wheels, local twisties now, last trip to the Smokies to play was 10 years ago.  I've seen many go to trikes as they got older but I'd rather downsize and stay on 2 wheels as long as possible.  With 100k on the little GS now if I get one more I'm thinking CBR250R next. 

I don't like trikes myself, but for those who have no other choice, or even those who just plain want to ride them, so be it, at least they're out there with the wind in their face.  It doesn't matter to me what a person rides, just ride.

I'm trying to get a feel for little people. Are all people short of stature destined to have a Napoleon complex thus limiting their mental capacity?

I don't like trikes because I'd rather have a car. I understand why they exist and why people own them so who gives a shit, let them enjoy what they want. The day I can no longer navigate on 2 wheels is the day I retire from motorcycling for good but that is just me