Trying To Get A Feel For This Place...

Little Al

he can... but my attitude is "why would he want to, when he can drive something that can actually handle a curve at speed without freaking out and braking for him?"

or in the case of a rear wheel trike, flipping over into a ditch somewhere

He already has an Acura that will handle the twisties just fine. Sure a can am won't take a curve like a sport bike, but I bet they're still fun.

He already has an Acura that will handle the twisties just fine. Sure a can am won't take a curve like a sport bike, but I bet they're still fun.

Coming from first hand experience, I wasn't impressed... the backwards steering, the gutless acceleration, and the tippy feeling through the curves... not any good... and for the price tag? Complete rubbish.

Great for snowmobile riders who want their fix in the summer, but for "motorcycle guys" forget it...

Semantics. Who cares if it isn't "leanable". Like most of us actually lean our bikes, as it is?

Isn't that the whole discussion we just had, countersteering vs shifting your weight for leaning... We all do it, not everybody is dragging knees, but we all have to lean the bike to steer over 5mph or so.

Throw handlebars on a reliant robin, now are you riding?

Per your criteria, yeah. The Robin is classified as a motorcycle by the British government. :dunno:

Right, per government classification... but per the "motorcycle community"? No, most motorcyclists don't look at a robin and go "nice bike", they go "wow what a cheap little tippy car" that is no good...

and the 2 wheel up front thing isn't new either. bmw_isetta_open.jpg

Most in the "motorcycle community" don't view scooters as motorcycles, yet the efforts required to ride one are exactly the same as a "real motorcycle". You need to pick a wiki. Either "wikigov" or "wikifellowriders", because you're contradicting yourself otherwise.

I'm trying to update wikifellowriders, and wikigov...

Both need fixed.

he can... but my attitude is "why would he want to, when he can drive something that can actually handle a curve at speed without freaking out and braking for him?"

or in the case of a rear wheel trike, flipping over into a ditch somewhere

You seem to be under the assumption that three wheel vehicles are ill handling. In all actuality they can surpass 4 wheeled vehicles in the handling department. It all comes down to design and engineering. A corvette and suburban are both 4 wheeled vehicles but one will out handle the other by design. The same can bee said for 3 wheelers. A t-Rex and Harley Tri-Glide are both 3 wheelers but one is defiantly the better handler. Being in the Gold Wing community almost 20 years now I have known several people that have triked out their wings. Why? Because they they did not want to give up that feeling of I guess the term is In The Wind. I have ridden a few and they don't handle that bad when set up properly. Each to his own. People put thousands of miles on trikes without issues.

Right, per government classification... but per the "motorcycle community"? No, most motorcyclists don't look at a robin and go "nice bike", they go "wow what a cheap little tippy car" that is no good...

and the 2 wheel up front thing isn't new either. bmw_isetta_open.jpg

Bad example. The Isetta is actually a 4wheeled vehicle.