Columbus Folks, You're in for a treat!

magley64

Never been to melt I don't see the allure of paying $12.50 for a fucking grilled cheese? Oh but they throw all kinds of weird vegan stuff on it to make it more special!!No thanks I'll make my own at home LOL!

It's not a grilled cheese like 2 pieces of bimbo and a slice of velveeta...

it's a pretty large sandwich that happens to be grilled, and they fill it with piles of deliciousness. Thick slices of bread, too.

The first sandwich I had there was "The Dude Abides" which is stacked with mozzarella sticks and big meatballs.

I'm actually going there tonight for my 4 yr anniversary.

Edited by magley64

Never been to melt I don't see the allure of paying $12.50 for a fucking grilled cheese? Oh but they throw all kinds of weird vegan stuff on it to make it more special!!No thanks I'll make my own at home LOL!

You left out the part where you have to wait for an hour to get a seat so you can wait another 30 minutes to get your 12.50 grilled cheese.

• Upvote 3

who the hell waits for Melt anymore? IF you know what you're doing you can walk in and sit down within 5 minutes. LOVE that place but haven't been there in a hot minute. hmmm maybe try and go this weekend now

• Upvote 2

They have 1 sandwich I would call grilled cheese the rest are large grilled sandwiches usually with some very interesting combinations of ingredients.

They are a little expensive, but the sandwiches are also very good. Beer selection is very good also. 

I dont do the long waits for a table so I just go at less popular times. 

Most sandwiches are carnivore friendly :) only a couple are Vegan , though they do have non meat options on some. 

Dude Abides is great.

Its a good special occasion restaurant. I wouldn't go there regularly if you value your heart or waist line.   

Craig 

Edited by CBBaron
  • Upvote 1

Sounds good! I'll surely give it a try, however, I do not see the misses agreeing to go there for a special occassion. She's not a sammich lover, although she does still make killer sammies for me.

Too much gluten for me, I would be a sick boy were I to eat "anything" from there. :(

supposedly they have gluten free or light sandwiches now. I can't confirm this because I've trained myself to handle all the gluten that can be thrown at 1 sandwich but my buddies fiance has a gluten allergy and mentioned wanting to go now cause she can eat there or something, I dunno I was drunk lol