2006 Kawasaki ZX-6R (636) - $5000 OBO

ninjagirl219

2006 Kawasaki ZX-6R

• VIN: JKBZXJC146A045092
  • ENGINE SIZE: 636cc
  • MILES: 15,615
  • COLOR: Black
  • TIRES: Good condition, depending on your riding style, could last for most of the riding season
  • STORAGE: Garage kept and currently covered in my garage
  • OWNERS: I am the second owner of the bike. I purchased in May of 2012 from a guy near Pittsburgh, PA. The previous owner took great care and garage-kept the bike as well.
  • TITLE: It has a clean title, but I do have a small lien on the bike so it is not in hand. Easy to take care of though.
  • WHY SELLING? - I just bought a new bike, so this clean baby is ready for a new home. (Preferably one with an experienced and licensed rider who won't trash it.)  ;)
  • KIND OF RIDING? - It's a sportbike so I rode it like a sportbike which was on curvy roads and at the track (six track days total - MidO and Grattan). I have no clue how to pop a wheelie so during the time I've had it, the wheels have never left the ground. I would not have bought this bike if it appeared to have been stunted so to my knowledge it never has been.
  • CRASHES? - Nope! But the previous anal-retentive owner dropped it in a gravel drive way and the minor scratches it caused drove him crazy so he replaced all the body work. I do have the original body work as well which you can have. There is a slight scratch on the mirror back side of the mirror as he did not replace that.
  • MODS: In my opinion, modifications to a motorcycle do not increase the value so I did not consider them as part of the price. All stock parts (i.e. rear seat, turn signals, passengar foot pegs, etc.) except for the exhaust (which I don't have) come with the bike if you want them. 
  • NADA: https://www.nadaguides.com/Motorcycles/2006/Kawasaki/ZX636C6F-NINJA-ZX-6R-636cc/Values
  • KBB: http://www.kbb.com/motorcycles/kawasaki/zx636c-ninja-zx-6r-c/2006-kawasaki-zx636c-ninja-zx-6r-c/suggestedretailvalue/

QUESTIONS? Email smcintyre219 at yahoo.com

post-9282-0-54077100-1389468168_thumb.jp

post-9282-0-62465000-1389468171_thumb.jp

post-9282-0-34538500-1389468173_thumb.jp

post-9282-0-51163300-1389468175_thumb.jp

post-9282-0-04615300-1389468177_thumb.jp

post-9282-0-63109300-1389468178_thumb.jp

post-9282-0-87962600-1389468179_thumb.jp

post-9282-0-23713700-1389468181_thumb.jp

post-9282-0-76448800-1389468182_thumb.jp

post-9282-0-10416800-1389468184_thumb.jp

• Upvote 1

I realize it's the dead of winter, but I'm in no rush to sell. Tax season is right around the corner which is the only reason I'm putting it up now. I can wait.

I didn't just pick some arbitrary number. If you look on cycletrader you'll find I priced it fairly with an OBO disclaimer. It's crazy what these are being listed at. You can't find these at all below $4500. Besides, the last bike I sold, I underpriced it and it sold in a day. I'd rather go high and work down instead of losing some cash I could have gotten otherwise.

I'm surprised Blitz that you said 15,000 is a lot of miles. I put over 33 on my last bike and it still ran awesome. Mileage is not an issue for me if the bike has been well cared for, but maybe that's just me. "High miles" is all relative IMO. :)

I guess I'm just going by personal experience.  I bought an 03 last year with right around 13k for $3700 that was practically in mint condition.  So yes 15 is not high, but I guess I'm just thinking for the money, less mileage can be found.

I think the price is on the high side of fair, but a good starting point.  Will be a harder sell this time of year, but as you can see by the thread I'm posting that I bought my bike from, posting in January to sell in May isn't a terrible idea.  That is if you're in no rush to sell.

ohioriders.net/index.php?/topic/99055-fs-2003-gsx-r-6/

Most any modern motorcycle should be able go well beyond 50k if you follow the maintenance schedule.  No, I don't consider Harley's to be modern :)

I would have no problem buying a bike with 30k+ if it had good maintenance history, and wasn't beat to death on a track. 

• Upvote 1

Thanks guys! Yeah, can't wait for the Spring. I see that pretty bike in my garage everyday with less than a mile on it and it's driving me crazy.

As for price...we'll see what the tax shoppers think. ;)

Paul, I'm sure there is a joke there but not exactly sure I get it. But I never "get" you anyway, so it's fitting. :D

Edited by ninjagirl219

Yeah, can't wait for the Spring. I see that pretty bike in my garage everyday with less than a mile on it and it's driving me crazy.

Strap it on the treadmill and work through that break in period until the snow melts :D

Nice Ninja, GLWS

• 1 month later...

I would have no problem buying a bike with 30k+ if it had good maintenance history, and wasn't beat to death on a track.

So you'd be fine with one beaten to death on the street? Abuse is abuse. Frankly, I see a lot more street riders holding their bikes on the rev limiter than track riders. And every track bike I've owned gets an oil change every 2-4 days it's ridden. Street bikes also have more opportunities to overheat in traffic.

Crashes aside, I don't really think track riding is that much harder on a stock engine. But I agree that 15k is practically new.

• Upvote 1

Seriously?  Track bikes get 10 times more abuse...spend way more time at higher rpm...hard braking...rims get dinged up with more frequent tire changes...parts are swapped on and off.   Ive never seen a bike with 30k track miles that looked new.

Seriously?  Track bikes get 10 times more abuse...spend way more time at higher rpm...hard braking...rims get dinged up with more frequent tire changes...parts are swapped on and off.   Ive never seen a bike with 30k track miles that looked new.

I would agree that track bikes spend more time at high RPM, but not that high RPM is more abusive than stop-and-go riding at slower speeds in summer heat.  a 130mph wind through the radiator keeps things cooler than when you're siting at a stop light.  And like I said in my first post, that high RPM riding is also accompanied by, frankly, excessive oil changes.  If you're counting consumable items like brake pads and worrying about rim scrapes from tire changes, then yeah, I guess track bikes get more use - but not abuse. 

...and why does a track bike need oil changed every 2-4 days it's ridden?

Same reason a bike that isn't over heating needs wetter water. Or a chain needs to be cleaned and lubed every day.

• Upvote 1

...and why does a track bike need oil changed every 2-4 days it's ridden?

It doesn't. A guy on the NESBA board was sending his oil in for analysis after 2,4, and 6 track days. Basically he got sick of paying for the analysis after they said 8 days would probably be fine.

My point was that people tend to over-maintain track bikes, whether they know it or not.

I think people tend to over maintain bikes period.

I think a 3,000 street miles for oil changes is over maintaining, but I think an interval of 3,000 track miles would be too infrequent.  Which was the original point...track bikes are typically ridden harder.   Not exactly sure why this is up for debate.