What will you next bike be?

Tpoppa

KCryan1988, on 19 Apr 2014 - 7:10 PM, said:

Really been eyein' an icy white Ducati Panigale myself - so sexy... But, as far as I can tell on the duc website, they aren't offering the 1199 in white this year?!...

the 1199 panigale in white was only for 2013 on the Base( have one love it ) and the S models. the new :special color: is matte black in 2014

other than thank the 899 panigale in in white for 2014

Edited by TwiztedRabbit

I want a small used dual sport, like a crf230l, crf250l, tw200 or a wr250 to toss around.

4 months after you, and now that I have the GSX-F in the garage, I am pretty sure the next bike added to my garage will be a 200-450cc dual sport or super moto. I would want something that I could put 17" wheels on if I felt like it, but I don't think that would ever happen. Too pricey.

So I really just want a fun hooligan bike for short rides around town, and for the wife to ride. She'll likely use it twice and then never again, but that will be how I sell her on the idea of a third bike.

Forever Yamaha... I think I'll be investing in a 2007 model r6 or r1. Whichever I find first. I just love that generation. I like the Daytona, its a sexy bitch. But too expensive for my shallow pockets. The Erik buell racing 1190rs would be a sweeeeet bike to have (carbon edition of course). Or the 2008 ducati 848. But those are just dreams.. I of course, will end up with the slightly abused Yamaha I buy used from some random craigslist ad.

Whatever the next deal is that falls in my lap......but, thinking dual sport or Touring bike. Had looked at the big Beemers and the F800GT as well....dual sport, the BMW GS650, or the upgraded new 700.

Maybe just a Ural with side car....and hunt up a machine gun mount and hang something intimidating off of it. /: > )

Edited by littlecarbsbigsmiles

I forgot about vintage bikes.

I am also keeping an eye out for old CB's and, if I can afford one, an old RD.

The latter would satisfy my long-standing fascination with owning a 2-stroke, and also be retro-cool

my next bike will not be a cruiser, I'm reasonably happy with my '97 1500 vulcan, but I wouldn't mind looking at a smaller 500-600cc naked sport type for running around town on, back and forth to work etc, hell even a little 250 scooter would be nice. the only major draw back I have with the cruiser is its piggish heavy to deal with in parking areas etc, and for just running around can be more of a nuisance than a cage. the newer ones are way better with the lower cg, but I like the high seat on mine it makes up for me being 6'2".. cant have it all I guess. point is, next be will be for commuting. save the cruiser for highway hauls and weekend rides.

I forgot about vintage bikes.  I am also keeping an eye out for old CB's and, if I can afford one, an old RD.  The latter would satisfy my long-standing fascination with owning a 2-stroke, and also be retro-cool

Whatever you do, do NOT go to the vintage motorcycle days at Mid Ohio on July 11-13.  Don't even click this link Chris, I mean it.

my next bike will not be a cruiser, I'm reasonably happy with my '97 1500 vulcan, but I wouldn't mind looking at a smaller 500-600cc naked sport type for running around town on, back and forth to work etc, hell even a little 250 scooter would be nice. the only major draw back I have with the cruiser is its piggish heavy to deal with in parking areas etc, and for just running around can be more of a nuisance than a cage. the newer ones are way better with the lower cg, but I like the high seat on mine it makes up for me being 6'2".. cant have it all I guess. point is, next be will be for commuting. save the cruiser for highway hauls and weekend rides.

I had similar thoughts and couldn't be happier, because even a 475 lb V-Strom 650 is a couple hun heavier than a town-and-country runabout.  I went with a dual sport to also gain some dirt fun.

CHRIS, get away from that link right now.

Edited by smccrory