So what are the odds that his funeral gets protested?

magley64

But then where do you draw the line? There aren't enough pineapples for all the bigotry in the world. I think it's strategically better to exhibit the very tolerance and sympathy that haters hate.

Protesting his funeral may give some needed perspective to WBC members who have been enabling/supporting/believing his bullshit for all these years.

It may, but it could also prove to them that the corrupt world really is out to get them, and we have a double-standard even though we say we don't.

How about protection, respect and dignity of the proceeding. Show WBC members that we practice what we preach, that hate cannot be a legacy.

But then where do you draw the line? There aren't enough pineapples for all the bigotry in the world. I think it's strategically better to exhibit the very tolerance and sympathy that haters hate.

Ok, so maybe his punishment for hell should be that he personally has to be a pallbearer at the funeral of "every" service member that passes away, active duty of not.  He shall be dressed in a gay pride outfit and will not be able to speak.

It may, but it could also prove to them that the corrupt world really is out to get them, and we have a double-standard even though we say we don't.

How about protection, respect and dignity of the proceeding. Show WBC members that we practice what we preach, that hate cannot be a legacy.

I understand what you are saying...don't sink to their level, high road...yada, yada, yada.  

That might make sense in a Disney movie, but in the real world that is just enabling them to comfortably continue, believing their own bullshit.  

Perhaps Seal Team 6 should have just give Bin Laden a much needed hug, too...right?  You can't reason with crazy.

I understand what you are saying...don't sink to their level, high road...yada, yada, yada.  

That might make sense in a Disney movie, but in the real world that is just enabling them to comfortably continue, believing their own bullshit.  

Perhaps Seal Team 6 should have just give Bin Laden a much needed hug, too...right?  You can't reason with crazy.

No, that's a bad comparison, and mine's not a theoretical Disney sentiment - it's a matter of practicality.  This joker didn't murder thousands of innocent lives and pose a clear and present military danger.  He was a spiteful, loudmouth jerk who spooled people up into a frenzy, but his weapons of choice didn't include a gun, they were words, ideas, emotions, fear and hate.  You can't kill ideas with might in a free-speech democracy - You have to counter them with better ideas put into practice.  That's why seeing thousands of bikers, hippies, atheists, christians, white collar, blue collar, city and country folks standing side-by-side as an expression of calm unity has far more power than punitively reacting with violence.

It's very hard, to decide that a higher plane is more valuable than a feel-good shove back.

Ok, so maybe his punishment for hell should be that he personally has to be a pallbearer at the funeral of "every" service member that passes away, active duty of not.  He shall be dressed in a gay pride outfit and will not be able to speak.

Now THAT I could be on board with :-D

No, that's a bad comparison, and mine's not a theoretical Disney sentiment - it's a matter of practicality.  This joker didn't murder thousands of innocent lives and pose a clear and present military danger.  He was a spiteful, loudmouth jerk who spooled people up into a frenzy, but his weapons of choice didn't include a gun, they were words, ideas, emotions, fear and hate.  You can't kill ideas with might in a free-speech democracy - You have to counter them with better ideas put into practice.  That's why seeing thousands of bikers, hippies, atheists, christians, white collar, blue collar, city and country folks standing side-by-side as an expression of calm unity has far more power than punitively reacting with violence.

It's very hard, to decide that a higher plane is more valuable than a feel-good shove back.

I think you are smoking some good shit.

No Fred wasn't a murderer like Bin Laden, but both were responsible for others committing hateful acts in the name of religion. 

Seriously, life is full of consequences when you act like a douchebag.  I don't see why this should be an exception.  The "kill them with kindness" idea is noble...and also ineffective.       

Seriously, life is full of consequences when you act like a douchebag. I don't see why this should be an exception. The "kill them with kindness" idea is noble...and also ineffective.

I takes longer, but it accomplishes things nothing else will. You should try it for a few years. All we are saying... ;-)