Another Honda abomination

Al Z. Heimer

I would ride the fuck out of this thing if it had ANYTHING OTHER THAN THE 750CC PARALLEL TWIN that they're putting in every goddamn bike nowadays.

But, wouldn't you know it, they put the fucking PARALLEL TWIN in it, so now no one anywhere will ever buy one.

Honda is so fucking retarded. Why not drop the VFR1200 powertrain in and try to take on the muscle cruiser crowd?

• Upvote 1

[ quote name=Ryan_c_F" post="1381281" timestamp="1395460035]

I would ride the fuck out of this thing if it had ANYTHING OTHER THAN THE 750CC PARALLEL TWIN that they're putting in every goddamn bike nowadays.

But, wouldn't you know it, they put the fucking PARALLEL TWIN in it, so now no one anywhere will ever buy one.

Honda is so fucking retarded. Why not drop the VFR1200 powertrain in and try to take on the muscle cruiser crowd?

this. Why are they putting that mill in everything and coupling it to their dual clutch slushbox? It's a hideous motorcycle that's also gutless and appeals to people who lack the coordination to shift and clutch. Maybe it's what those greasy smelly Europeans are into.

This just builds on my love/hate relationship with Honda. Who's was the focus group during the design phase of this thing? Fifth graders?

I will say, though that Honda is at least trying to do something. You could criticize them for bringing out a parts bin special, but the truth is they have so many good parts in that bin to work with. Even so, they've really put out some bombs.

As for the engine, I've never ridden a bike with that parallel twin. It seems okay in concept. Good low end torque and efficient. Probably easy for Honda to build since it's basically a sawed off Fit engine. Just not a lot of "soul."

I have wished for a long time that H would put a V4 in a standard bike. Think FZ1 with a V4.

• Upvote 1

They keep putting out these concept bikes, but they have left the sport touring guys for dead. Nothing good since the st1300 came out. Now the Wing is beginning to get long in the tooth. The BMW K1600GTL is chipping away at their long term dominance of the luxury touring bikes. It seems as though Honda has forgotten what made them good.

Honda has been pumping out some ugly turds lately. They keep trying to expand into new markets instead of just really kicking ass at what they do best: the cbr and vfr bikes.

I give them credit for at least trying something different.  You know, instead of making bikes that look exactly the same for 50 years like some other companies do.

Harley, for example...  :motothumbsup:

I agree though, I dont love the styling and somehow cant see myself ever riding it.

Edited by Bakemono

I'm not familiar with the 700cc parallel twin, but I have an affinity for that configuration from the EX500.

My guess though is that the tiered licensing in other markets has something to do with why that motor is in such a large bike.

The motor isn't the problem, it's the bike around it. Stick that thing in a FZ6 frame, and you've basically got an SV650 with more torque.

Another parallel twin fan here, did my last 180k miles on a 97 and then a 02 GS500.  My first bike 30 years ago was a new CB400 twin that I traded in on a new CB750K 6 mo and 6k miles later like most newbies do.  lol   But that new Honda above is hideous to say the least, give me a good old standard looking naked bike anytime. ^5

• Upvote 1

http://m.youtube.com/watch?autoplay=1&v=z-dOcpHnCxQ

I did not think Honda could build anything uglier than that DN01 thingy but I was wrong. Seems as though the designers have gotten ahold of some brown acid.

Gawd - Honda must be feeding the designers some high quality Colorado dope, some acid and tequilia, and force them to watch super hero cartoons for hours on end, in a locked up Hotel hall to come up with the next concept.  They out uglied themselves on this one, this time. 

EEEEWWW!

Edited by mello dude

• 2 weeks later...

By itself it doesn't look that bad, but that stupid backrest and (I assume) forward leg position would make for a weird looking and awkward ride.  Then again, it says "Europe" in the video.  So I assume its aimed at guys that wear pink shirts and pants that squeeze your balls.  So maybe it'll fit right in!

Yeah, parallel twins aren't all that bad. I've had plenty of them. They used a parallel twin and leaned it forward, so they could lower the seat. It is a large displacement bike for vertically challenged riders. I object to  the weirdo transmission. Would not want to have the added weight. And the lack of a TV to go with the couch.

edit: seat height 25.59" Rough guess is about 4'10" could clear the seat standing flat footed without hardly touching it.

Edited by ReconRat