WTB- Honda XR100 or CRF100 for OMRL!

2.slow

Haven't been here quite 30 days yet, but I'm seeking out an XR or CRF100 to race in the stock class and F3 class of the Ohio Mini Roadracing League.

Interested in hearing about anything people might have, bonus points (and money) for any bikes that have the XR80 front wheel and/or BBC front or rear Springs!

Haven't been here quite 30 days yet, but I'm seeking out an XR or CRF100 to race in the stock class and F3 class of the Ohio Mini Roadracing League.

Interested in hearing about anything people might have, bonus points (and money) for any bikes that have the XR80 front wheel and/or BBC front or rear Springs!

The last "prepped" XR i knew about was just picked up from Casper.  You will need do the conversion yourself if you want to join in on the April 26th opener.  There are a few guys in your area that would help you prep your bike once you make a purchase.

Here is your CRF80 front wheel on fleabay..   another XR80 front wheel

This bike is almost 3 hrs from you:  http://youngstown.craigslist.org/mcy/4336540719.html   He has had this listed for a while... maybe he is ready to do some real dealing??

I'm sure you have seen this one in your area.

2008  CRF100  http://columbus.craigslist.org/mcy/4389100040.html

I've got an 01 XR that's supposed to be calling me back tonight. He's only asking $750, and it's just on the other side of Columbus, so it sounds like a solid bike. I totaled up the recommended mod list on the OMRL site and it's around $600 before I hunt for deals. I'm cool with that, it'll just be the challenge of getting the parts here quickly enough.

I've seen the one in Delaware... I both called and emailed and no response yet.

Good finds on the wheels, the latter one looks like a winner, don't have the time or patience to bid. Do you know if the front brake is a direct fit into this wheel?

I've got an 01 XR that's supposed to be calling me back tonight. He's only asking $750, and it's just on the other side of Columbus, so it sounds like a solid bike. I totaled up the recommended mod list on the OMRL site and it's around $600 before I hunt for deals. I'm cool with that, it'll just be the challenge of getting the parts here quickly enough.

I've seen the one in Delaware... I both called and emailed and no response yet.

Good finds on the wheels, the latter one looks like a winner, don't have the time or patience to bid. Do you know if the front brake is a direct fit into this wheel?

it is, the xr80 and xr100 have the same brake hub

Better order a rear wheel too. That bike is missing rear spokes.

if the hoop is okay, new spokes are $2.50 each.

The offset on the hub side is different for the inside and outside spokes, so make note of which one you need before buying the wrong ones!  They are NOT interchangeable.

I have a set of ML75 tires and tubes that I would let go for $40.  the tires themselves were $70 for the set, plus the tubes.  I raced on them last year, but you couldn't tell from looking at them.

They are not the BEST tire available, but Gavin turned a :57 on my bike in the endurance race.  I managed :59's, and maybe a couple of high :58's.  The experts on the podium will turn consistent :56's.

If you are budget-minded, the ML's are a good first-year option.  I wouldn't want to ship them for $40, but if you're interested, we could see if they can hitch a ride south, or I would help you mount them if you brought a bike to the track with knobbies.

Edited by redkow97

I have a set of ML75 tires and tubes that I would let go for $40.  the tires themselves were $70 for the set, plus the tubes.  I raced on them last year, but you couldn't tell from looking at them.

Here are the actual ML tires Chris has for sale!

AijYf3j.jpg

aM2kJXB.jpg

Yeah, that sounds like a plan on this tires. I should make it to the first April 26th event, and if you wanted to help me mount them that would be great.

The owner did tell me about the rear wheel needing spokes, I planned on just replacing the spokes and not the whole wheel, unless that's a problem.

I broke 2 (maybe 3?) spokes on my rear wheel last year.  As long as they're not directly next to each other, you can get away with riding it with them broken.  I did so for the last couple of rounds. It's not like you're taking the bike over logs or off jumps.

That said, if you're going to have the wheel and tire off to swap tires anyway, it makes sense just to do the spokes then too.  Bark615 and I have gotten pretty good at swapping XR tires quickly, but we roll into CRP a little later than some people, due to the long drive.

Mounting the morning of the 26th can be our "plan B" if we can't figure out something prior to that. 

Anyone from Marysville area want to ride PIRC kart track this Saturday or Sunday?  CRP has a cart event, and we will be riding in PA at noon on one day this weekend. 

Ron Ayers will prob be your best place to pick up spokes.  I have yet to find a local dealer that had some in stock... but can't hurt to call your local dealer first.

Here is the parts fiche for 2001.  

XR80 front wheel   http://www.ronayers.com/FRONT-WHEEL-C171850.aspx    $3.70/ each

XR100 rear wheel  http://www.ronayers.com/REAR-WHEEL-C171089.aspx     $1.58/each

Edited by bark615

^^^

I am thinking the same thing. I might try and get out this weekend or tomorrow night and if I do I will grab some pics.

I also just finally did an introduction on the OMRL site so I am not just a lurker anymore.

^^^

I am thinking the same thing. I might try and get out this weekend or tomorrow night and if I do I will grab some pics.

I also just finally did an introduction on the OMRL site so I am not just a lurker anymore.

Cool deal if you can score some recon work!   I sure hope they did real hot-patch asphalt and not just that home depot cold patch stuff for potholes. 

~ saw ya pop in over at OMRL also! 

I'm going to check with Honda of Marysville on monday. Also the Honda Service center I have access to at work should be good. Apparently they can get parts in 2 days.