WTB- Honda XR100 or CRF100 for OMRL!

2.slow

You guys have any ideas where the best place to source the carb jets might be?

Like others have said RonAyers or local Honda dealer.

here are some part numbers to get you going!  :)

Your bike is newer than 98 so you will want the needle jet assy. part# 16012-KN4-A10   $17  http://www.ronayers.com/Search.aspx?k=16012-KN4-A10%09

You will also want a 38 pilot jet  pn# 99103-KA9-0380  http://www.ronayers.com/Search.aspx?k=99103-KA9-0380

Ronayers will prob take a week or so to get you the parts.. so if you can score them locally that would be a plus for you!

You now have 2 weeks to get this done.... clock is ticking!  :metal:   :D

• Upvote 1

don't scare the guy!  it's not like a first-timer at CRP is going to drop 5 positions because he ran the wrong carb jet!

just show up with the bike safety wired, and street tires mounted up.  The rest is just gravy.

I would advise that the folding shift lever and bark-busters are nice items that keep you riding more than wrenching.  that said, we have one or two spare shift levers if anyone needs one to get back on track.

• Upvote 1

JB - do you have any Anderson Door Racing catch-can brackets around?  My "first generation" model is probably in the parts box on the work bench if he wants that.  Think it's flat enough to mail to him?

(for reference, Josh Herrin runs the ADR catch-can bracket on his personal XR100.  Totally serious. :p)

Edited by redkow97

What are the catch cans used for?

I'm not going to lose 5 positions because of jetting, I'm going to lose them because of a dearth of track experience and the fact that I weigh 250 sans gear.

Don't worry about track experience, Chris got me out there last year and it was the first time I had ever been on any type of road course track, us guys wont compete with the top 5 this year but its all about fun!

JB - do you have any Anderson Door Racing catch-can brackets around?  My "first generation" model is probably in the parts box on the work bench if he wants that.  Think it's flat enough to mail to him?

(for reference, Josh Herrin runs the ADR catch-can bracket on his personal XR100.  Totally serious. :p)

Yes, I have some of the prototype brackets that would work for him, they are just not as thick and take less abuse.  I can mail him your old one.

What are the catch cans used for?

I'm not going to lose 5 positions because of jetting, I'm going to lose them because of a dearth of track experience and the fact that I weigh 250 sans gear.

Catch can is used so you don't dump any gas on the track.  You vent your carb and overflow to the can.

Some guys use pill bottles, pvc pipe ect for a catch can.  You just need something that will collect any gas if it spill out of your carb.

RjgFG2zl.jpg

87m38Pll.jpg

You will also need a gas tank vent breather cap.  I keep an extra one in my tool box if yours doesn't show up before race day.

You can buy whichever color you want, here is one that ships from the US.  Be careful because some ship from China and can take 2-3 weeks. 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Gas-Fuel-Tank-Vent-Tube-Valve-ATV-Motorcycle-Dirt-Bike-Silver-/111249047521?pt=Motors_ATV_Parts_Accessories&hash=item19e6f5bfe1&vxp=mtr

$(KGrHqR,!rQFID)(+s6zBSH(op)Mz!~~60_12.J

Looking at parts online, I can buy a can, 1/8" NPT brass fuel fittings, some 1/8" ID hose and give you a bracket.  I can then get the can drilled and tapped for you.

I can get you that setup for $55 delivered.  (that gives me about $8 for the bracket I made and my time).

The only thing you need is the larger vent line you can can buy at lowes, depot ect.

Just throwing this out there for you just in case you don't have the taps or access to the fittings.

• Upvote 1

So where are the connections originating for the catch can setup. Float bowl, Airbox? What else? Is the 1/8 in line you said you'd provide the red lines in the photos above?

Any one have a vent cap and hose for the gas cap I can buy? Don't really have time to search E bay and go through all that right now. I know I know "but you have time to post on OR"

So where are the connections originating for the catch can setup. Float bowl, Airbox? What else? Is the 1/8 in line you said you'd provide the red lines in the photos above?

This is what your bike will prob look like before the mods.
8390106016_81d1cbb4fb_z.jpg

8390105946_601752fd94_z.jpg

8390110346_5925edb02d.jpg

Here is an after photo. - I would provide you the 1/8" red line for carb vent and fuel overflow.

El0dopml.jpg

Any one have a vent cap and hose for the gas cap I can buy? Don't really have time to search E bay and go through all that right now. I know I know "but you have time to post on OR"

Here you go, $8.95 delivered from Texas.

Just pay for your ebay transaction.  No searching needed, click, buy, ride.

• Upvote 1

Looks to be in good shape (minus the rear spokes)!!    Congrats!!

Do you have access to a drill / drill press for drilling your bolts for safety wire?  #1 priority should be getting that oil drain plug drilled and wired up!  I'm sure you want to get an oil change done on your girl there anyways!!!   :D