Tires - DynaBeads

jd724

Hmm...interesting. Alright, I will try this black magic you warlocks are peddling. I need a fresh set of tires on the Supersport, anyway. Where's the best place to buy this sorcery?

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_c_0_10?url=search-alias%3Dautomotive&field-keywords=dyna%20beads&sprefix=dyna+beads%2Caps%2C320

Also check out Ride On for another mystical option....

http://www.ride-on.com/tire-balancer.html

• 4 weeks later...

My opinion on this matter is that they are a waste of money. So much effort and money is spent on reducing unsprung mass and all this accomplishes is adding it right back.

Most vibes are caused by outer tread deformation such as "cupping" and these are going to really do much for that...although the Dynabead says that it will. How the hell little balls in my tire prevent abnormal tread wear on a motorcycle is a mystery to me.

In addition, I'm sure they do wonders to the TPMS sensors that are now being installed in some touring bikes.

Lastly...if these things ACTUALLY (not anecdotes, but true lab testing) worked I'm sure that the company would've been gobbled up by now by a much larger company.

Can find a failure video of anything if you want. Try using them yourself instead of judging without trial.

Cause static balancing is tried and true, and costs me nothing extra. My tire mount and balance is still $50 a pair either way. What advantage is there for me? None. And while I understand the physics involved, I don't like the idea of abrasives rolling around in a part of the tire that was never designed to wear.

Edited by magley64