2014 Eastern Mini Roadracing Championship! (6/21 & 22)

redkow97

Saturday 6/21/14  (track day from 12-6) and Sunday 6/22/14 (qualifying/practice in the morning, and racing the rest of the day)

I know a lot of you are familiar with PIRC/BeaveRun from riding or racing full-sized bikes on the North track.  Many of you may have also run karts on the Wilson Circuit.  Riding it on a bike is a BLAST. 

OMRL does have RENTAL XR100's available on a limited basis, so if you don't have a suitable ride, but have ever thought about giving minis a shot, this is a great facility to try it out.  No rider is too young or too slow.  Last year we had a 4 yr old dragging knee on a 50. 

This event is going to be huge.  The New Jersey Mini GP club comes up and doubles our grid size.  The whole weekend is a great time.  There will be a BBQ and other shenanigans going down Saturday night for anyone who wants to camp.  The PIRC shower and bathroom facilities are pretty nice, but bring a generator (or rent a garage) if you want guaranteed power. 

And remember, PA has weird laws about where you can buy beer, so pack accordingly, or be ready for a bit of a drive to get to a beer store.  Otherwise there is a Subway and a convenience store a mile from the track with food/water/ice/redbull/hangover medication.

The only draw-back is that this event is mildly more expensive than races at Circleville, but the facility justifies the cost, and it's still less than half of what a track day would be on a full-sized bike.  Last I talked to Brian Conrad, there was not a requirement to buy a one-weekend race license to participate either, so you're saving a few bucks there. 

Come out Saturday and ride.  Then stick around Sunday to race, or even just to spectate.  The hill-side makes spectating very good at this venue.  The grids will be massive.  The racing will be close.  The fun will be off the charts.

Further details per Brian Conrad!:

I'm getting all kinds of emails and calls about this event.. To clear some air.. Here ya go! I've always camped there and never charged a fee in the 10yrs going there. Never asked, never charged!

Hotels are in the area if you don't want to camp..

Hot/cold showers in upper paddock area

Garages are available for rent, call to rent one

The practice is Sat from 12-6 and $40 covers everything!
EMS will be there

Sunday is race day, fees are $65 for 1st class, 15 for your 2nd class and $10 for your 3rd if you sign up for more than 2 classes. Each class will have a qualifier, then race order will be based off that time. I believe two heat races per class..

Do not have to be a member to race with us! No extra membership fee, unless u want to buy one.

Club t-shirts and stickers should be available to buy at the track..

I'll be there Friday night! See ya all at the track!          
Edited by redkow97

LBTS Racing will be there continuing our chase for series points win.

Last Satudays 2nd race with Adam and I battling back and forth was the most fun I've had on a bike in a long time. We should be 1st and 2nd in points now after that round.

Everyone should come out. Even if you don't want to race come out and support all the OR guys that will be throwing down

Yes, no race license requirement.. Just show up, pay entry fees and enjoy some awesome racing. Racers from all over come to this annual event. We've had AMA racers show up and dice it with us, kids that were invited to and have gone to MotoGP RedBull rookies cup challenge in Spain will be there.. These are the next AMA, to MotoGP champions!!

The camping and night time games will be fun.. Give aways and contests are scheduled so plan to camp at the track to experience it all!! See ya at the track

if we can find a copy of "FASTER" on DVD, I can bring my projector and shoot that onto the side of  a building or trailer.

I would need to borrow a couple of outlets from someone's generator that is quieter than mine, but the 100" screen is worth the price of generator gas!

Definitely looking forward to this trip! Plans as of now for me is to head down with the rig Friday night.

Had a blast on Saturday mixing it up with Todd! If you have any interest in racing mini's you really should check out this race!

We got another guy hooked this weekend. Andrew from Indiana instructs with STT at Gingerman and Grattan.  He was hard to pass when he was on the XR80.  I barely got by him when he traded bikes with Korben and rode the XR100 in F3.  The last race of the day, he got out in front of me, and I wasn't losing him, but I wasn't closing the gap either.   The dude was turning :58's his first day at the track...  I'm pretty jealous.

if we can find a copy of "FASTER" on DVD, I can bring my projector and shoot that onto the side of  a building or trailer.

I would need to borrow a couple of outlets from someone's generator that is quieter than mine, but the 100" screen is worth the price of generator gas!

I have FASTER and DTK on DVD if needed!  :)

You have a spot with me bud, Todd and his +1 will be joining us as well I believe. Plenty of room for our team in the rig and I am sure my sammich maker will be making breakfast each morning.

Anyone know if there are water and sewer hook ups at the track? And I am assuming I better call now to reserve a camper spot?

there are not.

I don't think there is any need to reserve a camper spot, but there may be a camping fee for the rig itself.  It used to be $15/vehicle to camp over night, but that was a few years ago... 

I would just pay for the camper and tow vehicle, and have anyone meeting you say that they're just staying for the day. split the costs for the camper/tow rig.  It's ridiculous that they charge $15 for a car to sit in their paddock over night when the occupants are all sleeping in one camper.  I have never seen them roll through and check to see that every car has a camping pass.  If they were to ask why a particular car didn't have a camping pass, I would just tell them "those people?  they caught a ride to the hotel with Jeff and Carol." (I don't know anyone named Jeff and Carol) 

But like I said, they have never asked in the past.  The track marshal is named Mike (for the North track), and he used to bring us fire wood and drink beers with us until midnight...  Looking for camping passes was low on his priority list.

Edited by redkow97

Thanks Man! Is there at least water spickets that I can get water at and fill the rig with 6 gallon water jugs? Just don't want to tow down with the extra 30 gallons of water weight if I don't have too.

I'll have to defer to others on that.  I can text my buddy PJ.  I know his hauler made the trip a bunch of times.  I'll post up when he responds to me.

TIP FOR THOSE WITH NOISEY GENERATORS (myself included)

If you park near the gap between the 2 garage buildings, or at the end of one of the buildings, you can stick your genny behind the garages (relative to the rest of the paddock), and just run the cord out to your pit/camp area. 

This blocks a TON of the sound, and doesn't require an ridiculously long cord. 

• 3 weeks later...

Forgot to post here, but there is a clean water fill available at PIRC.  It's over by the big track, near the pit entrance at the bottom of the hill.

Others have filled their tanks there in the past.  Not sure if that's "allowed" or not, but it's been standard procedure from what other RV owners are telling me.  I've seen it used to spray the mud off crashed bikes, but forgot about it...

• Upvote 1

Holy crap! An OMRL event that I actually have the weekend off!

I'm going to confirm with the better half, but I think this is a go for me.

Anyone near Hamilton want to organize a ride? I have a diesel and 24' enclosed. I can handle hauling a few bikes.

And anyone in the area that could help me prep a couple bike to be legal? Catch can and safety wire type of stuff.

I'm getting all kinds of emails and calls about this event.. To clear some air.. Here ya go! I've always camped there and never charged a fee in the 10yrs going there. Never asked, never charged!

Hotels are in the area if you don't want to camp..

Hot/cold showers in upper paddock area

Garages are available for rent, call to rent one

The practice is Sat from 12-6 and $40 covers everything! EMS will be there

Sunday is race day, fees are $65 for 1st class, 15 for your 2nd class and $10 for your 3rd if you sign up for more than 2 classes. Each class will have a qualifier, then race order will be based off that time. I believe two heat races per class..

Do not have to be a member to race with us! No extra membership fee, unless u want to buy one.

Club t-shirts and stickers should be available to buy at the track..

I'll be there Friday night! See ya all at the track!

that actually looks more solid than many I have seen.  metal container is good.  Doesn't melt or grind through as easily in a crash.

I'm not sure I would have run lines that low on the bottle, but given how high the hoses run, I think you're probably fine.  Ben is the master of all things tech inspection, but i'd pass it...