2014 Eastern Mini Roadracing Championship! (6/21 & 22)

redkow97

The lines are: 4 carb over flow lines and the radiator over flow. The can does not have a siphon straw for the radiator line, so the cooling system will not be able to draw from the can.

There is 1 more line that comes off the bottom of the carb, it's the bowl drain. Is that on to leave that line open?

There is also a larger diameter line that is the trans breather line. Is that ok to leave that line open?

This would be really fun to do. Any idea how much the cost of a rental bike is?

Not sure, but I can ask Russ and/or Kent.  I believe they own the rental bikes.

I know it's not a lot though.  And you don't even have to buy an OMRL license for the PIRC event.  My season license was $40, so if that's close to the rental cost, it's almost like you're getting the bike for free... almost... :D

Edited by redkow97

Kent said $100 for the weekend, and you pay for whatever you break (not that there's many expensive parts to break on an XR100...)  Rentals were still available as of 7:33 last night when Kent responded to my PM.

Do exhaust bracket/hanger bolts (where the exhaust bolts to frame/subframe) have to be wired? I understand the exhaust head bolts do...

I also wired the springs that hold together the exhaust slip fit joints.

This is a lot of safety wire.

Mine are wired, but that was done before I had access to a drill press to get my header bolts drilled.

Silicone the stuff that vibrates less...  The big stuff is the oil drain plug and oil cap, axle bolts, catch can, and then on a supermoto, I would be sure to do caliper bolts.  It can be a lot of drilling.  Liberal use of silicone on the less vital items is probably sufficient.

I'm almost positive you'll be fine.. Just wire the stuff that holds fluids, axles and you'll be good

Right on.

I'm tired of drilling.

If I get a chance this weekend, I may get up to G&J. Anyone else around this corner of Ohio want to go?

i will not be making this, just like i didn't make the last few races.  i have been balls deep in my kitchen/living room remodel.  no time for anything at the moment  :(

Sucks to hear man, it will all be worth it when you finish though!

Do you guys have 46 tooth rear sprockets? 

I ask because Andrea will almost definitely have that on her bike (Devon is her mechanic...).  Given her weight advantage, and the bigger track, she may really run away from you guys through the chicane, and that would be really hard to overcome the rest of the lap.  PIRC just has a lot more time in 5th gear than CRP. 

I wouldn't consider it fatal, but it will make things harder, and keep yoru bike on the rev limiter longer.  JB and I were turning 1:18's with the 48 tooth rear before the season started.  with the 46, I'm hoping to be in the 1:16 range.

WilsonCircuitTT.jpg

for reference, we run counter-clockwise, and Turn 1 is at the bottom of that image.  the "chicane" I refered to is the little left/right combo right after T1.  You'll be pinned in 5th gear from the start/finish line all the way up until the braking zone in the bottom right corner of the map.

Edited by redkow97
  • Upvote 1

I am not sure that i do but I will be looking tonight and if not i will order. Thanks Redkow! that could have really effected the season because i believe this race counts for double points?

It's not really double points. Only doing one race instead of two so still same points in the end as a race day with 2 races a CRP

Yeah, I may ask if they couldn't count qualifying as "Race 1" next year instead.  Doubling up on the race points can really screw people if they crash out, or if someone crashes in front of them.  I have had people crash in front of me two or three times this year, and it has cost me a LOT of positions, and thus a lot of points.  If that happens in a double-header round, I'm completely screwed.

I have no illusions of competing for a points championship this year, but it would be nice to end the year with an average finish in the 6th or 7th place range, rather than outside the top 10.

If anyone wants to car-pool up and split the gas.. Let me know. I have an extra spot on my trailer and the front seat available (given my son doesn't beat ya to it). .. I'll be leaving really early Sat morning

:nono: I dont know what to do...I need to hire Chris as my mechanic!!

You need some Anderson Door Racing corporate headquarters support!  Our "crew chief" takes care of most of my maintenance :D

The 46 rear helps, but the 48 is not a death-blow.  If you and another rider are of equal ability, the top-speed advantage will certainly help that person, but like I mentioned before, JB and I did practice at PIRC before the first round of the year, and we ran the CRP gearing.  Managed to turn 1:18's, which is faster than either of us went in last year's race round with the 46... 

Just ride as fast as you can.   You'll be solid.  And don't get discouraged if the NJ guys are running away.  they destroyed our novices last year.  Sand-baggers!

• Upvote 1