2014 Eastern Mini Roadracing Championship! (6/21 & 22)

redkow97

Just ride as fast as you can.   You'll be solid.  And don't get discouraged if the NJ guys are running away.  they destroyed our novices last year.  Sand-baggers!

this years novice leaders are not going out like that, we went to the Biggie school of racing. Podium or crash it trying.

Well, maybe we are considering Biggies track record this season :lol:

• Upvote 1

I ask because Andrea will almost definitely have that on her bike (Devon is her mechanic...).  Given her weight advantage, and the bigger track, she may really run away from you guys through the chicane, and that would be really hard to overcome the rest of the lap.  PIRC just has a lot more time in 5th gear than CRP. 

She is going to be quick this year, and I'm sure Devon will have the pink 44 tuned and ready top go! 

Is it Friday yet?  :)

the old management would let you burn wood anywhere on the gravel... With all the new paving though, there's not much of that left.

Also keep in mind that there are gas pumps right across from the kart track.  I know the likelihood of that being an issue is rather remote, but the fact remains, there is several hundred gallons of high-octane fuel near by.  Explosion aside, burning that much 112 octane would be expensive as hell!!

Trailer loading will start tomorrow around noon and then 9am Saturday morning departure! :)

I can't wait to be driving down BIG BEAVER Blvd! 

We need our 2014 Novice riders to go out and represent for us again this year!   Todd, Adam, Ben, Justin, Andrea and Joe... I am talking to you, good luck!   :)

Chris and I did our duty last year in F4! 

tSBDcqPl.jpg

The beaver is waiting for you! 

0aW1Qs9l.jpg

I'm bringing 2 bikes to throw down with

did I talk you into it??  You might be the novice supermoto points leader after this one race :p

I really do think it will be a good way to learn the track and chase faster riders on slower bikes though.  Plus after seeing the layout at 450 pace, you'll be able to race the XR in your sleep!

Finishing up some work while one of my guys makes some final preps on the camper. Hoping to leave Reynoldsburg this afternoon and be waking up there when you guys roll in tomorrow morning.

Finishing up some work while one of my guys makes some final preps on the camper. Hoping to leave Reynoldsburg this afternoon and be waking up there when you guys roll in tomorrow morning.

I sure hope you are awake when we get there!  :D

See ya tomm AM!

Well, lots of ups and downs this weekend.  Unfortunately I ended the day with a couple of downs in the stock XR race...  Otherwise my weekend was pretty great.

I hit my target time for the weekend within 2 practice sessions on Saturday, then got into the 1:15's as the day concluded.  Dinner was great Saturday night, and we were early to the track on Sunday.  I took it easy in practice, but had an incident where I made contact with another rider who decided to turn his bike sideways in front of me as we entered the front straight.  The XR just isn't capable of braking to avoid that... 

I killed it in qualifying.  1:15.xx for the F3 qualifying session, and 1:14.56(?) for the Stock XR qualifier.  5th fastest in both classes, which is probably my biggest racing accomplishment to date.

The F3 race was okay for me.  I got stuck behind Gotham. I had speed on him in a couple of places, but not enough to pass him cleanly.  Patton somehow pushed his way by both of us, and ran away. I had the speed to stick with Todd, but not the balls to get around Gotham.  After turning consistent 1:15's in practice, I only managed 1:16's behind Gotham.  My fault.

The Stock XR race wasn't even fun.  I got a shit start (again, my fault) and got pushed into the grass, losing a lot of positions in the process.  I was making my way back through traffic, chasing Ryan (NJ mini president) and Gavin when the red flag came out 3 laps into the race.  The re-start yielded another crappy launch for me (noticing a theme here?) and then the flat-track guy (he deserves his own thread...) bombed the outside of me and stuck his foot in my wheel.  I stood up the bike, and we both ran way wide.  I came back on the track, and he decided to just go straight and pick up 2 positions in the grass.

So I chased him and another NJ guy for a lap, caught up right away, and watched him bomb into the #7 bike on several occasions. I ended up wrecking to avoid hitting him.  We were doing 1:20's or so behind that guy.  After I crashed, I was doing 1:15's catching up.  But I'd lost enough time that my race was over.  I circulated at a fast pace, but took the white flag, and then threw the bike away in turn 1 (at top-speed for an XR100!).  That was the first incident of the day I'll completely own.  I don't know exactly what happened, but it was definitely my fault, and I'm glad no one else was around.

I bounced right up, and don't feel any worse for it this morning.  The damage to the bike appears to be limited to snapping off the metal bracket that holds my number plate on.  $0 repair is a number I can live with.

I think I got 7th in F3, and I have no idea in stock XR.  they scored me 15th, but I crashed out, so I'm not sure how that happened.  I'll probably concede those 2 championship points (1 x 2), but I don't know how they arrived at that finishing order.  The above-mentioned flat-track rider was likely DQ'd.  I know he was black-flagged and refused to come in to serve his penalty.

Like I said, he could have his own thread.