Iron pony new bike sales

wicked94s10

So I called iron pony last friday to make sure they had the new yamaha fz09 in stock. They did. I ask what the price is out the door. The guy calculates it and tells me 8700 out the door. I ask if thats as low as he we go and he asked what I would like to pay. I told him 8300. He tells me that shoudnt be a problem.

So I go in there with the money ready to buy it on saturday. The sales person laughs and says they are dead set on 8700. Well it is what it is so I told him I already had a back up plan. I found one at another dealer for 7990 out the door.( I would have went there first but its 3 hours away) He starts laughing saying that its not possible and there isnt that much in those bikes. So then he gets his sales manager out there and they are talking about how that can't happen. So then they go into bashing this other dealership.

Long story short these guys were rude assholes and I will never shop there again. I purchased the same bike from another dealership for 900 less than what they wanted. Even ask powersports told me they would have sold me one for that price had they not be sold out. Iron pony tried to sweeten the deal by offering me 10 percent off their already 50 percent marked up items haha nice try

Sounds like a shitty scenario. If ever I'm quoted over the phone, I always get the salesman's name. May even be a good idea to record the convo via answering machine so it can be called and repeated back to the sales mgr's ear :dunno:

I enjoy shopping Iron Pony but haven't dealt with their bike salespeople.  This is the second time in two months I've heard of a person who walked in there with money and ready to buy and walked out with no bike.

I had a experience like that too, i ask about a KLR they had in the used section. I ask if they would take $2k(think they were asking $2900) for it and basically got laughed at in my face. At that point it was negotiation over with for me.

They have to pay for that new fancy show room somehow i guess.

• Upvote 1

Wow really? I thought it was a federal law.

Federal law is single party consent also. It gets tricky cross state where one state says two party consent. For that you need to ask a real lawyer.

Stop whining and go negotiate face to face like 99% of people who get good deals.

BTW I use the old fashioned face to face negotiation and got mine for $8000 OTD. 

On the other hand the FZ09 is flying off show room floors so there is no real reason to cut you a deal if the guy behind you will pony up. 

Stop whining and go negotiate face to face like 99% of people who get good deals.

BTW I use the old fashioned face to face negotiation and got mine for $8000 OTD. 

On the other hand the FZ09 is flying off show room floors so there is no real reason to cut you a deal if the guy behind you will pony up. 

Depends on the dealer.  Some will cut a deal to do volume, some want big margin in each unit.  Just use the net and get email quotes - driving around to deal face to face is a colossal waste of time.  Walked out of dealers too many times where my checkbook didn't see the light of day.

• Upvote 1

I called to make sure they had it thats when he asked me what I was looking to pay. Maybe you have trouble reading. Then I went in the next day. Ya know face to face. Like stated above thats when the problem started.

I fully understand they are flying off the shelf. Maybe their sales people should take that into consideration before spouting off numbers.

Their sales people have no room to bash other dealers that they dont know. He was rude, bashed other dealers, and walked away from our conversation about 4 times to talk to other people. Now thats crappy customer service.

I fully understand they are flying off the shelf. Maybe their sales people should take that into consideration before spouting off numbers. Their sales people have no room to bash other dealers that they dont know. He was rude, bashed other dealers, and walked away from our conversation about 4 times to talk to other people. Now thats crappy customer service.

I'm curious as to who that was. I've had good experiences with two purchases and a bunch of tire kicking with Marc.

Fancy show room, you mean the 300,000 dollars worth of 5xl closeout gear that they stock the store with to make the place look big.

Really? I went up there the weekend before last and had trouble finding anything bigger than 2x. In fact, I came home empty handed which is a drag because it's an hour + trip for me, especially with that shit construction going on. They need to wrap that up.

It could just be that particular salesman- if he really is rude to you just walk away and talk to someone else.   I think the dealer in Hilliard had a few (last month, may be gone by now) but it might be worth a shot to look elsewhere

Life is too short to deal with a dick. Just go to another dealer. I personally have had good luck with IP. I have purchased alot of tires, parts, service, and gear there. I have never bought a bike from them.

Edited by Connie14
  • Upvote 1