whats everone doing for the holiday weekend.

speedytriple

The immediate family on my side all have May birthdays (me - 3rd, mom - 18th, dad - 19th, and little sister - 27th). So we always hold a joint birthday party and cookout on Memorial Day weekend, rotating hosting it among the guests of honor. This year it is at our place so we are cooking out this afternoon and firing up the fire pit with family and friends tonight. Tomorrow we will rest easy and relax before heading back to the grind Tuesday. I am taking a break from some last minute yard details then planning on cracking open a well deserved brew and waiting for guests to arrive. 

Hope everyone has as much fun as we plan to this weekend! And we'll also raise a toast in honor of those that paid the ultimate sacrifice so the rest of us didn't have to.

• Upvote 1

Finishing up on the slider door / rotted wood project. Just got all the new non-rotted wood installed. Monday is wrap the back wall of the house with tyvek, then re-install the siding.

When that is done, go back to working on the Durango brake line project. I replaced one brake, then another one blew out when bleeding the brakes.

Oh, and have beer at some point on Monday.

My original plans turned to crap due to kidney stones so I visited family, skipped a church dedication thing and salem drag racing and stayed home cutting, trimming trees, mowing fields, spraying fields, and hauling logs.

Ended up doing a couple hundred miles up in Amish country and Kershocton with the wife and one of those rare times her Vstar sees the light of day.

Edited by 2talltim