New rider from the Cleveland area!

Scene

Like Bad said, the metro parks are good, but they're also small.

It's about 5 miles of "good" riding, and then I usually go 20 miles or so further, past Boston mills and through peninsula.

It's a nice relaxed ride. I did that route on Sunday. Twice.

Hit riders discount up for some gear! Jeans ain't gonna do much for ya if ya do down at speed.

True! Where's Riders Discount? I want to go to an actual store to try on the gear instead of ordering online and realizing it's a wrong size lol

Like Bad said, the metro parks are good, but they're also small.

It's about 5 miles of "good" riding, and then I usually go 20 miles or so further, past Boston mills and through peninsula.

It's a nice relaxed ride. I did that route on Sunday. Twice.

I'm going to check that out this Sunday!

If you're the right size, I have some gear you can borrow for a little while.

I'm about 5'4" / 140lbs, one footing it at lights lol. Tip toe status with both feet lol.

Thought about lowering my bike, but I didn't want to anymore due to people saying it'll mess with a lot of the dynamics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

True! Where's Riders Discount? I want to go to an actual store to try on the gear instead of ordering online and realizing it's a wrong size lol

Riders, is online, a sponsor here.

For in store nearby I think Rousch in Medina has more stuff than State 8. If you want a road trip, Iron Pony in Columbus. Quite possibly the largest motorcycle retail store in the country.

• Upvote 1

:hello: Welcome

Iron Pony will have the best selection and it's worth the drive to Columbus. Roush does have some stuff but not as much as the Pony. Riders Discount has the best prices if you already know your sizes. And I took the MSF at Polaris, it was a lot of fun. Worth the time to learn valuable info to get you started.

Welcome! Another piece of advice is to buy the best gear you can afford. It sounds crazy as a beginner, but it pays dividends in the long run. You will be significantly more likely to ride with well designed and comfortable gear.

:hello: Welcome

Iron Pony will have the best selection and it's worth the drive to Columbus. Roush does have some stuff but not as much as the Pony. Riders Discount has the best prices if you already know your sizes. And I took the MSF at Polaris, it was a lot of fun. Worth the time to learn valuable info to get you started.

Thanks! I'll start shopping around!

I think the classes I'm registering for will be held at Tri-C western campus.

Welcome! Another piece of advice is to buy the best gear you can afford. It sounds crazy as a beginner, but it pays dividends in the long run. You will be significantly more likely to ride with well designed and comfortable gear.

Indeed! I want my gear to last as long as possible so quality will be a factor.

Any specific brands to look for? I've been mainly looking at cool designs. Alpine Stars look nice and I hear Joe Rocket has good gear.

Nice! I think I'm going to check out a retail store around the area this weekend to shop around and figure out what size I need. That way I can look at other options online as well.

Welcome to the forum. They opened a Cycle Gear in North Olmsted. Basically entry level gear. Not a large selection but good enough to give you an idea of what you really want and how the sizes run so you can order it online. I'm local in the Olmsted area and ride the Metro Parks and back roads mostly. Let me know anytime you wanna ride. I'll probably be up for it. If its not too steamy tomorrow night I'll probably cruise down to Bike nite in Valleyview. 

Welcome to the forum. They opened a Cycle Gear in North Olmsted. Basically entry level gear. Not a large selection but good enough to give you an idea of what you really want and how the sizes run so you can order it online. I'm local in the Olmsted area and ride the Metro Parks and back roads mostly. Let me know anytime you wanna ride. I'll probably be up for it. If its not too steamy tomorrow night I'll probably cruise down to Bike nite in Valleyview. 

Awesome! Thanks for the heads up! I may just ride out to Olmsted this Sunday! 

I definitely want to go to Bike Night at Quaker Steak but unfortunately I can't skip class tomorrow night, lol. Maybe next week or the week after I'll head out there! 

I'm about 5'4" / 140lbs, one footing it at lights lol.

I have an older (and relatively beat up) 2-piece leather suit that you could borrow.  That would provide you with a baseline for sizing Fieldsheer gear, or get you out to a store and back safely.  I have an old pair of gloves that I consider "back-up" gear at this point.

I'm letting someone else use the suit this weekend at PIRC.  If you're up for some highway riding, you should come out and see how fast little bikes can be.

• Upvote 1

For the sideways mounting, or not having it lit?

Didn't know it wasn't lit. He will get two tickets then assuming he drives in the dark, I would imagine it only has to be lit when it is dark.  Yes I know there is no state law on side ways plates, but a boatload of cities have local laws on it. He will get tagged in Lakewood for example if a cop sees him for sure.

Didn't know it wasn't lit. He will get two tickets then assuming he drives in the dark, I would imagine it only has to be lit when it is dark. Yes I know there is no state law on side ways plates, but a boatload of cities have local laws on it. He will get tagged in Lakewood for example if a cop sees him for sure.

Yeah I don't have lights on it yet. But I dont plan on night riding yet so I have time.

Strongsville seems relaxed on my plate. Haven't been stopped here, Medina, Middleburg, Royalton, Parma, Brunswick.

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome to the forum. The nearest good roads are south of Millersburg & around Coshocton. Better roads are South of I70 & East of I77. Hang around on here long enough & we'll get you out on some group rides south. The MSF course is a good place to start.

• Upvote 1