Mid-O on Tue/Wed

i-Zapp

Well I see Brandon listened to me and put the N sticker on the blue tape, that other guy is going to have fun getting his off his windscreen without scratches.

No doubt, cheaper-than-ricepaper-stickers. My wife and one of my buddies both stuck 'em dead center of the windscreen. That's what Tony said to do in the first meeting. Once I saw what shitty quality they were, common sense kicked in and I slapped it to the headlamp :D

Can't wait till next time! This blows the hell out of street riding don't think I wanna ride the street after that haha. By far one of the best days I have had this year.

Ah, yes.....and yet another addict has finally hit the trackpipe. Good for you man, now we'll have to take one in together someday

Well today kinda sucked for me. I came really close to getting taken out by two riders colliding right next to me at the end of the back straight in the first session right as I was about to turn in. Luckily I looked over to see the two bikes and riders coming bouncing by and was able to keep braking until I could avoid them.

Then at the end of the third session I lost the front end midway through the carousel. Not sure what happened as I don't remember doing anything out of the ordinary, but I checked out where I hit and it was right in the middle of the indy car rubber patch. I'm going to just blame it on that. It really sucks that the bike was too damaged to get back on the track as the weather was turning out perfect.

I'll likely have it fixed for the twilight on Aug 24th.

Is this you? :

gallery_10051_1573_1422747.jpg

gallery_10051_1573_2036359.jpg

Edited by OsuMj
  • Upvote 1

Damn didn't think my bike was that loud lol. The coaches there were awesome lots of help and advise that last session he fallowed me and used my go pro to tape it and use it to work on my lines.

For a couple weeks prior to your next MidO trackday, watch a lot of YouTube on it. Thats what I did last month. You'll find a lot of good linework to reference and remember. I had trouble with making myself run later entries at the keyhole and the carousel to push both their apex further for better exit speed/angle. We go back August 25th, but only my wife is riding....I'm playing pitcrew for her that day

cool, well, I hope your bike isn't too bad off. 

The bike got pretty messed up for a 45mph lowside IMO. Radiator, exhaust, clip on, windscreen, rear set, and brake lever are toast. Ordering replacement parts today though!

Those pictures turned out great too, would you happen to have any more? 

The bike got pretty messed up for a 45mph lowside IMO. Radiator, exhaust, clip on, windscreen, rear set, and brake lever are toast. Ordering replacement parts today though!

Those pictures turned out great too, would you happen to have any more?

That's rough. Although I guess it could have been worse.

I have a lot more pics, but those are the only ones that you were in. I'll double check to make sure. If you know anyone else that was there, let me know!

I looked back through and found 2 more with you in them. 1 is a little fuzzy and the other one I pushed the button a second too soon, so it was almost a good picture, but not quite lol.  If you want to PM me your email address, I'll send them all to you.

Just have to learn to stack them in there better lol

Hush now.......I'd like another 2 cars worth of garage, and that's the trade off for more bikes ;)

Trust me I tried, I even offered to park them in the living room.

Your offer is on the table.  More garage = more bikes

Took a look at the vid of my lowside, I was kind of riding like shit but I didn't see anything out of the ordinary. Sounds like the revs stumble right before I go down, maybe I accidently chopped it? The camera is mounted on a bit of an angle on the bike, so the left hand turns look like a more extreme angle than they are.

Also found out that the motor is hydrolocked from oil. I guess it filled up the intake box when it was laying there upside down and then drained down into the motor when I flipped it back over. Hopefully the starter doesn't have enough ass to bend a rod. I'm pulling the plugs to clean it out...

Edited by Limitedslip7

Ouch!

Hope you and the bike fared well!

Were you noticing any front end issues/chatter anywhere?  It looked planted through the carousel some laps moved others(might have been a line change).

Sounds like front chatter ramping up right before you go down to me....correlates with the vibration as well.

I definitely felt some chatter right before the front end went out. What causes this and what can I do to correct it?

Well I may have asked about your front tire and rearsets prior to the crash but I didn't mention your motor. You can't blame that one on me.