Picked up a(nother) YZF600R today.

Josh1234

Rode it back home earlier today.  2007 w/ about 7K miles.  $2,600.  

Light scratches on the right side, but hard to see from a few feet away.  Yoshimura exhaust.  

Blue ;)

I'm pleased as punch... I remember my last YZF600R as being a fantastic bike.  Bulletproof engine, great bikes, ergos that cannot be beat, and I'm a fan of the full fairings.  I don't need (or want) a track bike for the street, and I don't need (or want) to be the fastest thing on two wheels.  This'll just be a little more comfortable than the NInja 500 for my daily commute.

It took me a month of hanging around & e-mailing this dude from Athens, Ohio... It was originally on Craigslist for $4,000... We emailed, and first it was well, 3600 is the lowest I can go, then 3400, etc etc.  The price was never "right" for me, so I just moved on.  Eventually I revisited his e-mail, checked in, etc etc.  He said he be re-listing it for 3K, and I offered 2500.  He countered at 2600 and I accepted. Then we went through a weird week where communication sucked, etc... I got in touch again, eventually, then found the bike on eBay (reserve not yet met), and suggested we meet this Sunday.  We did, and it was a done deal.  yay!  I forgot to bring a plate, and may or may not have had insurance when I rode home, so I just followed my wife home nice & calm and didn't even open it up at all.  

Gonna get it insured tomorrow, and hopefully registered, titled, & plated ASAP :)

If you know of anyone who wants to buy a Ninja 500, send them my way ;)

post-13328-0-20576300-1407721698_thumb.j

• Upvote 2

Nice find there!  Check the tire date because those look like originals.  You can ride an older tire but the difference between them and new ones is like night and day.

congo Josh, u are persistent and good "buyer" i give you that. Next time i am going to buy used bike i am taking you with me. Thats a good deal

Thanks guys!  They have a new pair of Battlax's on them, from when he bought the bike in April.  He DID ride it to Myrtle Beach, SC, so I guess they're not new anymore, but I'll give them a good inspection before riding on them. (Battlax's are generally considered a good tire, yes?)

I took myself to the Ohio BMV today to transfer the title, and get it registered and plated... I got my request: "O7CAT" of course ;)  

All said and done, I paid about $300 more, yuck.  (I was honest about the price, so I got hit on taxes... ever since I got a letter from the Ohio Treasury Dept after a purchase, I decided not to lie about prices paid!)

And naturally, it rained all day today and will rain tomorrow, too, so I can't ride :)

I should probably go on a little familiarization ride in a parking lot before taking it to work, anyway.

And new tires! The only way this could have been better would have been to happen in the spring so you could ride all summer. Still plenty of rideable days in the year though. Awesome man, enjoy!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

And new tires! The only way this could have been better would have been to happen in the spring so you could ride all summer. Still plenty of rideable days in the year though. Awesome man, enjoy!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Lol thanks. The final purchase happened exactly 1 month after I emailed him the first time. I had to wait for him to realize no one would pay him what he was asking, so that he'd lower the price ;)

• Upvote 1