top tattoo places in Columbus?

Moto-Brian

Ok...  I am finally wanting to get my half sleeve started and done.  The issue is that the one guy I was looking to do it is at least 3 months out.  And, he wants to do my third design idea. 

So...  I want a SOLID guy/gal that can do one of the ideas I have in my head.  I have thought to draw out ideas and compile, but I am just nervous with getting something done by someone that can't handle it.  I am pretty picky and particular with what I want as a lot of you know and have seen with my stuff.  I don't want half assed...

I am open to suggestions.  The issue is that word of mouth is usually the best.  Post examples or websites or PM me details.

Thanks!

Nothing but bad experiences with evolved. Never got a tat there, but they fucked up a piercing I got done, and they fucked up a triple helix piercing on my gf.. Just awful all around, wouldn't trust them to hold the door for me, let alone ink me... No suggestions, just wanted to put it out there that evolved is terrible

my guy moved to toledo and opened his own shop, but my wife and i both drive up there to get work done.

the top artist in columbus in my opinion are

Billy Hill @ Envy Skin Gallery

Scott Santee @ memento Tattoo & Gallery

Iggy Sweeney @ Memento Tattoo & Gallery

Joey Knuckles @ High Street Tattoo

the guy i go to is Michael "Panda" Klein @ Ink and Iron in Toledo

• Upvote 1

my guy moved to toledo and opened his own shop, but my wife and i both drive up there to get work done.

the top artist in columbus in my opinion are

Billy Hill @ Envy Skin Gallery

Scott Santee @ memento Tattoo & Gallery

Iggy Sweeney @ Memento Tattoo & Gallery

Joey Knuckles @ High Street Tattoo

the guy i go to is Michael "Panda" Klein @ Ink and Iron in Toledo

Does Dave from memento get any nods?  I was suggested to Iggy also.  But Dave seems to have exploded and is over 3 months out.  Am I better to wait for him or do you think Iggy is as good?

Does Dave from memento get any nods?  I was suggested to Iggy also.  But Dave seems to have exploded and is over 3 months out.  Am I better to wait for him or do you think Iggy is as good?

Dave's good for sure. Iggy is as well. Personally I'm going to try to get my next stuff done by Josh Duffy... but that's Phoenix, AZ.... lol

Not in Columbus, but Kyle Cotterman at Distinction Tattoo in Dayton does absolutely killer work. Awesome detail, photo realism, and portrait skills.

http://www.distinctiontattoo.com/kylecotterman.html

Honestly, a half sleeve wont be a single session piece. Likely take a few sittings, so Dayton area may not work for you. My guy here in Piqua is a close friend of over 20 years, and he is an outstanding artist, but he's also usually booked months out as well. My wife linked his site above, but there again it's quite a distance for multiple sessions. Also, a lot of artists will specialize in certain genre of tattoos, meaning you dont want an abstract or graffiti artist doing your photo realism piece, so choose wisely bro

Edited by Hellmutt

If you are willing to drive, I've had all my ink done by Blair at Art Bomb in Massilon. He did a large back tatt and a large abdomen tart for my wife too. He is outstanding. Check his gallery on his website.

Hellmutt is right. You'll be doing it in at least a couple of sessions. Actually three. First for a consult and so he can see the canvas. He doesn't rush the art so it'll be a week to get you a rendering. Back and forth with changes. First session probably will be just the lines. After it heals, he'll do the color or shading.

If you are interested, I can introduce you. I'm probably going back in a month or so for another one myself.

Only ever got the one tat, from Rev.Dice at Sweet Baby Octane. The whole deal was great. Clean place, good sterile procedures, great artwork. He took my original scribbled concept and turned into a piece of art that I love.

If I got an more ink I'd go right back to Dice.