Ohio Riders' New Year's Resolutions

Casper

This is a great time to reflect on the past year. For us (Carie, little dude, and myself), this year has flown by in a blur. New job for me, Carie's pregnant, little dude isn't so little, etc. There have been ups and downs, and about as much free time as there is free gold laying in my front yard. Unfortunately, that's meant I neglected the site a bit and I've only put 500~ miles on the motorcycle this year. So I'd like to end this year and begin the next with a couple New Year's resolutions. I'll need help from several folks here to pull this off. 

1. Let's bring back the monthly ride and eats. I can't always be available for them, and I don't always have time to get them planned. This is where I need help from you. Would any of you like to volunteer to help me put these together? Generally it's pretty easy. Pick a destination, find a restaurant, and let them know we're coming. Ideally I'd like to see them scattered across the state so we can get more people involved. 

2. I'd like to see a large fundraising event this year, but like everything else I'll need help. I would like to continue with something like Roll On Columbus. I really enjoyed helping put that event together, and it's a shame it fell apart. I believe we can do it as a group. 

3. Indy MotoGP. I'd love to see a huge gathering for this this year. I'd love to see a caravan riding out 70 together. 

4. I'd like to sell the rest of these OR shirts so I can get a new design printed up. :D

What do you think OR should add to this list? What are you willing to help with? 

• Upvote 1

oh, you meant riding resolutions?

I'll be happy if I work out twice a week, and don't allow myself to be baited into political debates on facebook.

I have no clue how many miles I logged this year.  Resolution #3 is to get some kind of gauge setup on the tuna.  Sadly, I think it will only magnify the amount of neglect my bike(s) see(s).  In the interest of being a better dad and husband, I'll probably do even less riding on weekends than in recent years.

Everything I'd like to change is out of my control. But as far as your list I'll help where I can but you know my unpredictable schedule. Hard for me to plan anything unless it's in stone and I can make aeangments at least a month out if not more. That all rolls back to that shit I can't control, I'd like to think next year will be better but it never is.

Maybe somthing in my area or the Mansfield area would be a good meet and greet locale to be able to get Cbus folks and NEO'ers together. The same applies to Cincinnati and Dayton folks maybe someone could set up somthing midway. I know on the past a lot of folks didn't like making the trek all the way to Cbus for meets.

Edited by 2talltim

Maybe somthing in my area or the Mansfield area would be a good meet and greet locale to be able to get Cbus folks and NEO'ers together. The same applies to Cincinnati and Dayton folks maybe someone could set up somthing midway. I know on the past a lot of folks didn't like making the trek all the way to Cbus for meets.

Any locations in mind up that way? Would you be willing to take the lead in setting something up? 

I may be able to help with a meet and eat or 2, maybe help with a fundraiser.  

How about a chili cookoff again?  Maybe if we could get more participation and use it as a fundraiser as well?

We've never had a great turnout for the chili cookoffs. Maybe do it as a part of something else like a meet and greet/ride to eat? Would be awesome if we could find a restaurant or something that would let us do that. Or maybe that's something we could do as a part of Hoblick's shindig if he's still planning on doing it? 

Any locations in mind up that way? Would you be willing to take the lead in setting something up?

We've got the usual BW3 and Rosters but let me see if I can think of somplace more unique. And maybe head it up later in the year

We've got the usual BW3 and Rosters but let me see if I can think of somplace more unique. And maybe head it up later in the year

No chain restaurants. That was the great thing about when we were doing them regularly. It was always a one off place unique to the area. Hard to convince people to travel for what they have 5 min from home.

There are several unique places by you in Mt Vernon, Danville, Lexington

I will have the annual meet and drink in March at LYT.

I love how the epic ride has progressed and would like to see the Dayton ride come back (Troy bike nights have helped and are great, too).

Can we get group discounts at Mid-O?

Edited by snot

No chain restaurants. That was the great thing about when we were doing them regularly. It was always a one off place unique to the area. Hard to convince people to travel for what they have 5 min from home.

There are several unique places by you in Mt Vernon, Danville, Lexington

yea i was thinking maybe Bucks in Lex or Fast Eddies in Bellville, or even south side in vernon but i was kinda thinking make it close to the freeway to make it easy for folks to get to....ill find something different when the time comes Edited by 2talltim

I hear ya Ben, would like to light the fire around western Ohio again like a few years ago.

The wife and I do the annual Little York Tavern meet, but with it being put on in March it usually doesn't give folks much of a pre/post meal ride option due to shitty weather conditions. I'd like to host the Dayton route ride again ( Rt 350 / Ft. Ancient area ) but between my work/band schedules eating up weekends, it makes dedicating time every month next to impossible. Been a season or 2 since we last went riding down there, but last time we had a decent dozen or so riders show up. Too bad Porky Capones BBQ in Lebanon closed up, it was a good after-ride bbq meal stop to hang and chat at.

Might throw a handful of our Piqua DQ rides together this year, but my route needs finess. Not a lot of good riding in Miami/Shelby counties without long drawn out periods of flat straightness to suffer between twisty sections.

I hear ya Ben, would like to light the fire around western Ohio again like a few years ago.

The wife and I do the annual Little York Tavern meet, but with it being put on in March it usually doesn't give folks much of a pre/post meal ride option due to shitty weather conditions. I'd like to host the Dayton route ride again ( Rt 350 / Ft. Ancient area ) but between my work/band schedules eating up weekends, it makes dedicating time every month next to impossible. Been a season or 2 since we last went riding down there, but last time we had a decent dozen or so riders show up. Too bad Porky Capones BBQ in Lebanon closed up, it was a good after-ride bbq meal stop to hang and chat at.

Might throw a handful of our Piqua DQ rides together this year, but my route needs finess. Not a lot of good riding in Miami/Shelby counties without long drawn out periods of flat straightness to suffer between twisty sections.

Brandt knows most of the route I use to run, but I can draw up on Google the route I use to do when I was hosting ride nights up there. We all run about the same roads, but there may be something new or different.

We've never had a great turnout for the chili cookoffs. Maybe do it as a part of something else like a meet and greet/ride to eat? Would be awesome if we could find a restaurant or something that would let us do that. Or maybe that's something we could do as a part of Hoblick's shindig if he's still planning on doing it? 

Yeah, I was thinking about that, and doing it as part of something else would be the way to go, for sure.

It looks like I'm not the only one that would like to see more ORDN get-togethers!

Brandt knows most of the route I use to run, but I can draw up on Google the route I use to do when I was hosting ride nights up there. We all run about the same roads, but there may be something new or different.

The last time we rode down there, ( him, myself, my wife ) season before last, he led and we rode most of the popular route. If you have a googlemap or can simply pm me the turn points, that would be great Dustin

I can get random lunches going again soon.  It fell to the wayside because I was pretty busy finishing up school and whatnot.

I would love to help out with a big fundraiser too - sounds like a nice challenge/project.

• Upvote 2

This is a great time to reflect on the past year. For us (Carie, little dude, and myself), this year has flown by in a blur. New job for me, Carie's pregnant, little dude isn't so little, etc. There have been ups and downs, and about as much free time as there is free gold laying in my front yard. Unfortunately, that's meant I neglected the site a bit and I've only put 500~ miles on the motorcycle this year. So I'd like to end this year and begin the next with a couple New Year's resolutions. I'll need help from several folks here to pull this off. 

1. Let's bring back the monthly ride and eats. I can't always be available for them, and I don't always have time to get them planned. This is where I need help from you. Would any of you like to volunteer to help me put these together? Generally it's pretty easy. Pick a destination, find a restaurant, and let them know we're coming. Ideally I'd like to see them scattered across the state so we can get more people involved. 

2. I'd like to see a large fundraising event this year, but like everything else I'll need help. I would like to continue with something like Roll On Columbus. I really enjoyed helping put that event together, and it's a shame it fell apart. I believe we can do it as a group. 

3. Indy MotoGP. I'd love to see a huge gathering for this this year. I'd love to see a caravan riding out 70 together. 

4. I'd like to sell the rest of these OR shirts so I can get a new design printed up. :D

What do you think OR should add to this list? What are you willing to help with? 

I can be a resource for you with the fundraising events. I am involved in many through the magazine, have the contacts, know the routine, etc. 

Already talked to Russo about it and yes. Working on it, going post it when we find a place

For everyone going to IMS, the Easyrider Show, or the Piston Power Show, please stop by the booth and say hello! We're looking to get more involved with OR this year, and it would be great to meet all of you!