2015 Epic Ride Spring Organization & Inputs

DerekClouser

2015 Spring Epic Ride Date Selection  

38 members have voted

1. 1. What date would be best for the 2015 Spring Epic Ride?

2. 2. Meeting Spot

• Hocking Hills - Keeping similar to previous years
    • Zanesville - Different route - more central meet spot - something different from years past.

Meeting in Zanesville is good with me, some really excellent roads mentioned above.  Anybody know where there'd be a good place to gather?

I'm not familiar with Zanesville. Maybe someone who is can make a suggestion. I do know Zanesville is large enough to have a big Walmart & at least one supermarket so finding a large parking lot for this well behaved crowd shouldn't be too hard.

I'll continue to lead a medium paced group, Derek, no matter the route. If I get the route in advance, I can map study enough beforehand to pull it off as best I can. It's just nice having some familiarity in the mix. I was just getting quite confident memorizing the current route, but dont let that stop planning for a new route and meet point. I'll do my part if it's scheduled for a weekend I can go.

Memorizing might be a strong word, lol.

**you did great**

• Upvote 1

Zanesville isn't any longer from Dayton than Hocking Hills?

Yeah, you're right. Geography isn't my strong suit. Zanesville always seems like such a slog to me 'cause it's superslab.

Meeting in Zanesville is good with me, some really excellent roads mentioned above.  Anybody know where there'd be a good place to gather?

I'm not familiar with Zanesville. Maybe someone who is can make a suggestion. I do know Zanesville is large enough to have a big Walmart & at least one supermarket so finding a large parking lot for this well behaved crowd shouldn't be too hard.

There is a Walmart and a Kmart in South Zanesville that would be a good meeting place.They share a parking lot with Bob Evans and Arby's.From that Walmart it's about eight miles to Crooksville and 669 which will take you to 377.The Walmart is located on SR 22.From I-70 just go south on SR 60 to SR 719 to SR 22 south.

One possibility for a very good route...

669s>377s>550e>555n>676e>792n>266n>377n>669n>93n>22e to Walmart.

The one caveat about this route...that section of 676 is Twisty,maybe not the best for newer riders,but there are options around 676.This route would be about 100-125 miles...mostly sweepers.

While I have yet to make it to one of your epic rides.....yet..... I have had the misfortune of having to do the slow shuffle thru Zanesville a time or two & find the traffic congestion to be a bit unnerving..... Not conducive to navigating a group of riders at certain times....

What I'd suggest is to meet up at the Coshocton Walmart parking lot next to the Burger King / Murphy gas station: http://goo.gl/maps/pQg8H

Kind of a central localle for those riding down from the north shore or from the west side using this distance mapping software: http://www.freemaptools.com/radius-around-point.htm?clat=40.297&clng=-81.851&r=193.12128007376305&lc=0000FF&lw=2&fc=00FF00

Also it's easy access to Rt83 south to the other routes listed

Another meeting spot a tad bit closer to the west side riders would be the Mt.Vernon Kroger parking lot on US36: http://goo.gl/maps/hWHDY

While I like alot of those roads... That's too much saddle time for some folks.

The current route we have requires 1 gas stop after the start. This would require at least 3, plus a stop for food. Cuz fatty ain't about to ride that long without nurishment. :)

Any interest in this route?  https://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=OH-93+N%2FUS-22+E&daddr=39.8225296,-81.8891304+to:W+Riverside+Dr+to:39.4432287,-81.9039497+to:OH-377+S+to:Ohio+River+Scenic+Byway%2FPike+St+to:OH-260+S+to:OH-7+N%2FState+Rte+7+N+to:OH-800+N+to:39.684097,-80.9736475+to:Sardis,+OH+to:Ohio+River+Scenic+Byway+to:OH-145%2FOH-26+S+to:39.7937168,-81.0447047+to:Woodsfield,+OH+to:OH-26+S+to:OH-145+to:OH-78+W+to:McConnelsville,+OH+to:OH-93+S%2FUS-22+W&hl=en&geocode=FUTxYAId3IEc-w%3BFcGkXwIdlnge-yk5yHwmouc3iDEYoXGmB9XH8A%3BFbAOXQIdeOce-w%3BFRzbWQIdsz4e-ymXYcH-0BVIiDG9anKNHHaisw%3BFc6_WQIdSSEe-w%3BFaBcWQIdf3cl-w%3BFcmsWwIdyOco-w%3BFYa3WwIdUu8r-w%3BFdMVXgId92wq-w%3BFQGIXQIdsXAs-ymp47QhMQM2iDHe5YMfUwxxAw%3BFcaYXAIdJl8t-ykv8xJV9v1JiDGcQ0VAaHzAqg%3BFU7vXgId8Rsu-w%3BFcIiYAId-a4q-w%3BFTQ0XwIdIFsr-ymTVgofdxo2iDGISlQrvEz5Xw%3BFY26XgIdCEcq-yl9AnmBABk2iDG0XWcX_KVn-g%3BFUDkXAIdtlwp-w%3BFfCVXAIdt6Am-w%3BFfpaXgIdYhMk-w%3BFar9XAId-QQf-yk_1-Fe6ds3iDHk_Co7IeaeMg%3BFX_wYAIdbYEc-w&aq=0&oq=Z&sll=39.791127,-81.13987&sspn=0.223441,0.528374&vpsrc=6&t=m&mra=dpe&mrsp=13&sz=12&via=1,3,9,13&ie=UTF8&ll=39.788489,-81.427917&spn=0.89379,2.113495&z=10&dirflg=d

I can't this one to load, so I can't see the route. I see arby's.

Try this again... Should be DRC32-0's route

Edited by Cdubyah

Those are exactly some of the roads I've been wanting to ride.  It would have

to be an overnighter for me to sqeeze in all that awesome riding.

That's going to be at least six hours of riding from end to end.  If we ever

do a two day ride on this route, I will try and get in on it. It's this area of the

state that has me wishing for some camping gear.

These roads also appear to be rather advanced for some of the riders that

our rides tend to attract.  The lesser skilled and newer riders may find themselves

a bit over their heads in less time than they can react to something that requires

a reflexive action.

Haven't read through the whole thread but two things.

1. June/July are not spring.

Two. The route is decent but you guys are missing some of the best roads down there.

c. People already have plans for memorial day and hocking would be a complete cluster fuck on that weekend for the small group that might show.

5. Pauly has to go. He's the lead to my sweep. That is, if we can get him off that faggoty bicycle.

Edited by max power