Let's talk about zero turn mowers!

max power

I have a cub cadet.  It's been OK but it's only a couple of years old.  The only problem that I have had so far is that the retention spring for adjusting the deck height broke.  It's a shitty design because you have to take a ton of shit apart to replace it.  It was covered under warranty so I didn't care.

• 3 weeks later...

Lol. Your gonna spend a crap load then it it's still going to break since you've made it a huge deal about picking a reliable zero turn. It's just how it works. Some version of karma.

Although now that I said this, mines probably going to break first time out. Damn it.

Edited by Gump

I need a bad ass mower to but Ive got a 130 push mower at one place 48" wheel hourse I paid 250 but sold plow on ebay for it for 200  at one a place and a 250doller 42 craftsman at another my total spent on mowing stuff last year for 4places was low I have a hammer and a sawsall to fix it till I pay cash for a nice zero turn

Edited by marlboro man

http://www.zeroturnsnowplows.com/how-it-works.html

Some good info here Jim. I don't have a plow on mine nor would I want one. First it would take up too much garage space. I had a plow on my garden tractor and if you don't plan ahead or have a place to put all the snow you can run out of room for it. I broke down and bought a snow blower and have no regrets. I do 4 drives and all you basically do is walk. You can even gear up.

This is for my kid, he has a mansion in the country with a massive circular drive and then a huge section in front of the garage.  He has a 4.5 car garage so space isn't an issue and there are lots of places to push the snow. I am thinking what he really needs is a quad with a plow.

I would argue that plows on quad do not suck if you have the right setup for the job. My father's 450 that i bought him years ago still plows snow great. He doesn't have a huge drive so it works great. The right tires can make all the difference also.

It's a weight vs wheelbase thing. Under the right conditions I can see it working fine, but on blacktop or with heavy snow or an incline all the setups I've seen will blow the tires off before it moves much snow.

That said, I can't imagine a zero turn doing much better.

Edited by max power

Uh, adding a plow to a 0 turn = terrible idea.  They don't have torque, as in none.  They aren't made for towing anything and their drive units will not hold up, trust me.  I read a lot of forums before buying my gravely and that kind of stuff came up often. 

What I have is no mansion. I'm just a poor boy trying to carve out my own little piece of paradise.

The Steiner is nice, but way out of my price range.

I prefer to spend no more than 6k, but realize what I want is about eight.

Edited by max power

No. I don't have that kind of cash and if I need equipment I have a neighbor with everything I would ever need.

I need 0% financing on a machine that will mow without fail for at least 20 years. Also have found that some spots don't dry out too quick so I may need to look at walk behinds first and get the zero later.

No. I don't have that kind of cash and if I need equipment I have a neighbor with everything I would ever need.

I need 0% financing on a machine that will mow without fail for at least 20 years. Also have found that some spots don't dry out too quick so I may need to look at walk behinds first and get the zero later.

Exmark has 0% for 42 months, plus a $500 rebate and a free air suspension seat on their Pioneer series.