Bye Bye Riders Insurance

Ansky

with riders, insuring my 14 Street glide special, 09 XR1200, and my 14 Can Am Maverick 1000R.. 250 deductible, full coverage on all 3

$650 a year

and i even had a claim end of last year totalling out my last SXS i had. which they paid the purchase value plus tax (minus my deductible)

im happy with Riders

Do you guys have, like, zero speeding tickets on your record? In shopping coverage for my 600, I can't even get close to some of the full coverage numbers in this thread.

I'm 30s/married/white/never involved in so much as a fender bender. Just a good deal of speeding tix..

Maybe you know but when your shopping around, never ever tell them what you're paying now! Be legit or exaggerate about your current coverages so it's apples to apples. If you do tell them what you're paying now, lie. They become creative with discounts, to get your business. They will hose a person every chance they get.

Most commercial realestate insurance premiums are dropping at renewal. If not they're pocketing savings. Markets really soft. Different from auto but nows the time to shop your homeowners.

Just got the letter that my bike was reclassified and to expect an adjustment to my premium. But they have yet to send me the bill. Like most others, i will be shopping around once it arrives. I've been paying $174/year for full coverage on the 675 up until this point. 

I pay, per year, $140 full coverage on the 599, $90 full coverage on the quad, and $800 on the house with Allstate. House is $200,000 to rebuild, another $200,000 for contents, then all that other gunk.

make sure it covers a 3 month hotel stay when something serious like a pipe bursts and then someone finds mold from it and has to gut your entire house down to the subfloor.

make sure it covers a 3 month hotel stay when something serious like a pipe bursts and then someone finds mold from it and has to gut your entire house down to the subfloor.

Ya, ouch. I'll check. Remember something about that scenario.

Ya, ouch. I'll check. Remember something about that scenario.

It happened to my across the street neighbor. Because the way the houses are built it took 3 months to repair.

Luckily their insurance paid 3 month hotel. 3 month dog boarding. $80 a day food expense. Etc etc. Just keep an rye on the fine details.

Got my new Riders insurance price. Went from $174/year to over $450/year. So far the cheapest i've found was esurance at $300 followed by State Farm at $330. I have my car/home insurance through them so i will probably go with them. Maybe it'll bring my car insurance down a little more. 

I had riders for a year - their online site was so terrible I couldn't even renew through it. So I switched back to geico. Those rate increases are insane - glad I moved, although my VTX 1300 is pretty lame compared to the machines most of you all ride :)

It happened to my across the street neighbor. Because the way the houses are built it took 3 months to repair.

Luckily their insurance paid 3 month hotel. 3 month dog boarding. $80 a day food expense. Etc etc. Just keep an rye on the fine details.

It has $45,000 max for reimbursed living expenses coverage.

If I let my insurance company log my motorcycle trips, I would be concerned that they would drop me.

:lol:

I was thinking the same. Lol. I didn't find any small print yet that says "Allstate" tracks anything.

There's 13 saved routes on the app that aren't bad.

I have been with State Farm since I started riding. They were the only insurance group not trying to break me when I was 21 and started riding. Last quote I got was a 2010 CBR1000RR (new in 2010) and it was only $50/month with tickets and a near total on a car on the record. Pretty solid and has always been good on claims.

• 4 weeks later...

Just got my renew and mine went up only $75 but my bikes are older now and I'm older now, no tickets, accidents or claims. So ill be shopping around now just on that basis. I would renew on a slight increase but thats 30% so yea like the thread title says ByeBye RI

I have Allstate and they have been great. My rates have not increased in years. We are bundled with house and cars. When I had my no fault accident they gave me more than I expected for my bike and gear. I was shocked as I have heard many stories of people having to fight with the claims people to get a fair price for their motorcycle. I also was shocked to see my rate stay the same after my accident when I got my new bike. I highly recommend them as an option.

• Upvote 1

Another thing to keep in mind is the major medical coverage you carry does not cover the driver, only passengers. This is the same for car insurance. I got to experience this with my accident after my helicopter ride with life flight which cost us $28,500!! Not to mention all the other medical costs. My policy with my insurance co. gave me $5,000 and that is it for my medical expenses. I have full coverage with $250,000 for major medical. After doing some research we found out this only covers the passengers and our insurance agent said the most they offer you can have on the policy is $10,000 for the driver, so we increased all our auto/bike policies to that. It only cost us a few buck more a year. Believe me it's worth it. Some insurance companies only offer $5,000 max. All this time I have carried full coverage on all my vehicles thinking I would be covered across the board if there is an accident and that is just not the case. Talk to your insurance agent!!