Bye Bye Riders Insurance

Ansky

Similar story here we with riders insurance my Ducati was reclassified last year perfect driving record 43 years old multiple bike insurance and they jumped my insurance $800 anyway. I am now with Geico insurance I got cheaper rates and higher limits. I think it's good to shop.

Edited by dobr24

Another thing to keep in mind is the major medical coverage you carry does not cover the driver, only passengers. This is the same for car insurance. I got to experience this with my accident after my helicopter ride with life flight which cost us $28,500!! Not to mention all the other medical costs. My policy with my insurance co. gave me $5,000 and that is it for my medical expenses. I have full coverage with $250,000 for major medical. After doing some research we found out this only covers the passengers and our insurance agent said the most they offer you can have on the policy is $10,000 for the driver, so we increased all our auto/bike policies to that. It only cost us a few buck more a year. Believe me it's worth it. Some insurance companies only offer $5,000 max. All this time I have carried full coverage on all my vehicles thinking I would be covered across the board if there is an accident and that is just not the case. Talk to your insurance agent!!

Let's get terminology right here, because it is important.  When you say major medical coverage you mean 'Bodily Injury' right?  If so, yes what you describe is how it works.  It is liability coverage for medical expenses of people you injure.......which would include passengers.

Let's get terminology right here, because it is important.  When you say major medical coverage you mean 'Bodily Injury' right?  If so, yes what you describe is how it works.  It is liability coverage for medical expenses of people you injure.......which would include passengers.

Yes you are correct. I just never asked the question and assumed the driver is included. Found out the good ol fashioned way.

• 1 month later...

Just switched over to Progressive and it was $152 cheaper than Riders and i have more and better coverage. My previous Riders premium was $325 a year for full coverage in 2 bikes and comp on one atv,  with 2 riders then they jacked it up to $455. My new policy with progressive is full coverage on all three rides, roadside with trip interuption, and upped the coverages for $307 

• 3 weeks later...

:lol:

They can't be in business much longer. Their insurance was attractive because price and track day coverage. They dropped the latter, and raised the former. Also, their roadside is complete crap for anyone that actually rides their bike.

Agreed.  I switched to Progressive for my home and 2 autos and am just waiting for my Riders contract to end before I expect a nasty rate surprise, in which case I'll go fully progressive.  Unfortunately there doesn't appear to be a bundling benefit for motorcycles with Progressive.

Agreed. I switched to Progressive for my home and 2 autos and am just waiting for my Riders contract to end before I expect a nasty rate surprise, in which case I'll go fully progressive. Unfortunately there doesn't appear to be a bundling benefit for motorcycles with Progressive.

There is. You will link your accounts after you sign up. I have 2 cars and all 3 bikes through them and get a discount.

I've found State Farm does well for sport bikes. The 1199 was $33/month for full. The scooter and little bikes have always been between $10-13/month per. Even the Aprilia. RS125. Part of the good price is my home and cars also insured with them. Hell, even my life is too.

Been with progressive since I started riding, never had a complaint. 2 bikes at a time being insured, less than a c-note a year. My bikes are way less valuable to them than you guys' bikes though.

I've been with Progressive since I first started riding in 2008 and haven't had any complaints about them. Both the bikes I've owned haven't been worth much though, first was a '96 Bandit 600, and currently a 2002 Honda 919.

Edited by 8Rider6

I got Esurance for the 599. $83.00 a year for very very high liability $0 comprehensive with underinsured . no insurance body and property. No collision.

Edited by zx3vfr

I got Esurance for the 599. $83.00 a year for very very high liability $0 comprehensive with underinsured . no insurance body and property. No collision.

This inspired me to check them out... I normally get insane prices from big box companies (550/mo with a clean driving record at progressive and geico both)... So I use national general and got it for 150/mo... They just renewed me at 900 down and 350 a month, which is around 5k where the others are (I got 2 tickets, one minor one major)... So I checked esurance for fun, and holy fucking shit... This is the quote on my one bike, that isn't even a supersport and only 998cc... And it's not even an error, they keep contacting me to start coverage

ART_1432582554939_zpsztlqqlgz.jpeg

Luckily I found a company offering full coverage for $76/mo (decided to use a broker)... But this esurance shit had me dying