My new rocket from KY!

ItzaME

Freedom to ride what you want, as fast as you want, wearing what you want.  Helmet, no helmet, or helmet strapped to the back of the bike.   

You wanna ride ATGATT, good for you.  Let's have laws telling you that you can't do that.

Get off his ass.    We already have too many rules and laws.

Nice bike..  very nice.  Congratulations.

I ride w a jacket helmet and gloves pretty much without fail. A day of "riding" and I'll add boots, pants, one piece etc. But if I'm "commuting" on my bike (to and from work mainly. Shopping, church, errands etc) I wear the shoes I would be for work. So everyone here wears ATGATT even when commuting? Take a change of shoes w you? Wear racing boots all day at work? Strip out of a 1 piece suit when you get to work/destination?

"I miss America"

I ride w a jacket helmet and gloves pretty much without fail. A day of "riding" and I'll add boots, pants, one piece etc. But if I'm "commuting" on my bike (to and from work mainly. Shopping, church, errands etc) I wear the shoes I would be for work. So everyone here wears ATGATT even when commuting? Take a change of shoes w you? Wear racing boots all day at work? Strip out of a 1 piece suit when you get to work/destination?

"I miss America"

I'm with you. I wear whatever shoes I'm going to end up being in when commuting (only). Is this the safest possible move? Nah, but its very understandable.

Its funny noting the differences between riders and people.

I live in a village and am a lame-ass for wearing a helmet and not riding a harley with the American Flag dragging in the wind behind it. Yet most of you are most definitely for ATGATT and are teasing Dude-man for NOT wearing gear.

"I miss America"

Work shoes in a drawer in my desk. Gear fits over wor clothes. You're telling me you don't have a cubic foot of personal storage space at work?

Nice bike, congratulations.

Riding a motorcycle can be dangerous. All of you guys lecturing about gear is understandable to a point. We all would be safer in a car yet wouldn't take criticism from drivers about our poor choice to ride a motorcycle. We all assume risks at different levels, preaching to your level of safety is as annoying as those fuckers preaching religion.

I would ride through Deal's Gap without a helmet if it were legal. I ride way more without a helmet and gear than I do with gear. It's stupid but it's my own kind of stupid that won't change with your opinions.

• Upvote 1

I saw 119 in phx one time. Got stuck in traffic on the interstate too. I'm sure with the other cars and the blacktop it was much warmer than the 119. Full gear was uncomfortable, but prefer it to road rash.

I see 110-120 regularly... I've come to notice, I'm more hot without my gear than I am with it... That sun on bare skin combined with the hot wind is not pleasant.... I rode one day that was so hot I had to turn around and go back for my jacket because the air was burning my arms... I tend to commute in the car more often around those temps lol

Still confused why you had to tape it up because you didn't bring it home on a truck.... are you not going to ever ride it on the street?

But yes, gorgeous color and I love that bike, want one.

How tall are you btw?

Id rather get rock chips/bugs on the front fairing after the 300 mile ride home. I've done this before and this worked out. Im about 6"1

I posted pics of me without proper gear in my intro thread so I was already expecting more safety talk and a few numb nuts :D

Thanks for the recommendations tho I know its only cuz you guys don't want to see me get hurt. Ill try to have more gear in my next rolling shot :)

Edited by ItzaME
  • Upvote 1

Grats on the bike man, there are two great colors for the Daytona and you got one of them. 

Tonik, it seems like slippers and a bath-robe would be more comfortable on your gas powered lay-z-boy. 

I see 110-120 regularly... I've come to notice, I'm more hot without my gear than I am with it... That sun on bare skin combined with the hot wind is not pleasant.... I rode one day that was so hot I had to turn around and go back for my jacket because the air was burning my arms... I tend to commute in the car more often around those temps lol

Yeah but gingers spontaneously combust above 105°. You're lucky you're here to tell the tale.

Springboro:  Rode into town today to check the mailbox.  All of two miles (maybe).  No helmet.  No gear.   Phhhhhhthttt.

And saw a crotch rocket rider rolling ATGATT (maybe not all the time, but THIS time).   Wondered if he was on OR.  

Springboro: Rode into town today to check the mailbox. All of two miles (maybe). No helmet. No gear. Phhhhhhthttt.

And saw a crotch rocket rider rolling ATGATT (maybe not all the time, but THIS time). Wondered if he was on OR.

did you see me going to work in my work shoes and khakis on 73? [emoji16]

"I miss America"