Fall Epic Ride 2015 - Sept 12, 2015

DerekClouser

Thanks Derek. Nice meeting everyone. The day was beautiful and had a great time. Home safe with just a tick over 400 miles.

+1

Epic day of riding.  About 340 miles in total here.  Thanks Derek for setting all this up and Jim (Tonik) for leading the hate group.  

Edited by DAC

Sorry I didn't respond to the thread right away.  Didn't get back home until about 9:30pm and was exhausted then had to travel for work so needed to pack and fell asleep.  Yesterday was a travel day and didn't get an opportunity to post. 

First and foremost, I want to thank everyone who helps me get this entire event put together each year and even more taxing trying to do it 2 times a year.   

This event we had 10 bikes show up.  Far from the amount it originally looked to have, but because of the weather and rescheduling, I knew we would have a huge amount of fall off.  

Tonik - Thank you for organizing your hate parade for those who didn't want to take the scenic route down.  The donuts were good and the church appreciated your donation!

V3DT - Didn't really get to talk to you too much, but I heard you rode the hell outta that bike.  Awesome for you!  Just be careful out there and don't get over your head.  It can happen quickly!  Also, work on getting some more protective gear.  While you were covered, the stuff you had on won't give you too much abrasion/impact protection.  If money is tight, look for the gearless rider thread.  I'm sure there's some things in there that will help you get more protected!

Shoop - Nice meeting you! Thanks for coming to the ride!

DAC - Nice seeing you again after Indy.   Glad you were able to make it and hope you had a great time!

Kruse08 - The look on your face in Wooster made my entire day.  I love riding to the max and the grin on your face mixed with your passion for riding, reminds me of when I started hitting the twisties as well!  Trust me, it only gets better!  

Rslocum - All I can say is you are a hell of a rider and that bike might be the sexiest bike I've ever laid my eyes upon.  I hope the chub in my pants wasn't too apparent from staring at that bike.  Hope the pace was good for you!

BMWnut - Apologies, I really didn't get to talk to you much besides at the gas station in New Concord, but thank you for coming down and hope the ride was enjoyable!  Look forward to seeing you at future events!

NinjaDoc -  It's hard to put into words the appreciation I have for you.  You are such an amazing person for all that you do for the OhioRiders community.  Thank you for the t-shirt.  It truly means a lot!   Travelling all the way from Youngstown, unable to ride the ride, but coming because you know the hard work it takes to put on an event and saw the dramatic decrease in people, and you rode just to add a person the list of attendees.  That shows your true personality.  

Whaler -  Thanks man for all that you do behind the scenes that no-one really knows about.  All the questions or thoughts I have on the ride, I always run passed you because I trust your opinions and you always have a good way of putting perspective on things that I may not see.   You're always are willing to sweep for me and I know I can trust you'll do it well.  Thanks for all that you do that no-one knows about!

Ricer1 - I modified the plans on the food situation a bit because I knew attendance was going to be way down and didn't want to over purchase too much food. We all sat down to eat and your donation covered a good percentage of the bill.  Thank you very much for the donation towards food!  Gave us all an opportunity to sit down together and conversate and joke.  That may not have been possible without you.  

Hellmutt/Snot -  Thanks as always for helping organize the Dayton area.  I'm sorry you weren't able to attend because of the rain date.  You go out of your way to try and accommodate the date selected so that you can attend and it means a lot towards the success of the event.  

I know there are some others that also helped with the event and I thank you. Apologies to anyone I may have missed in this post.  

This was the first time I was able to ride this specific route.  I think the route had several positives.  It's got enough corners to keep most everyone entertained, but also gives an opportunity for everyone to attend and have fun.  I think the route is tame enough to bring in all types of bikes and types of riders and won't put too many riders in over their head.  The roads were clean for the most part and very few blind or unmarked corners that could catch a novice rider.  

Everyone rode the ride safely and I didn't hear of any close calls.  That in itself makes for a successful ride.  Hopefully everyone had a great time and I look forward to seeing you all at future rides. 

Here are 2 photos I took on my phone when we sat down to eat:  

image1_zpsmol5znqx.jpg

IMG_2575_zpsu4uyizl4.jpg

And the video I put together of the ride will be posted later today (hopefully) - I've got quite a bit of editing to do. 

• Upvote 2

Derek, big thanks to you for putting this together! Also, thanks to ricer1 for the great dinner and Tonik for the donuts. Two of my favorite things: riding and food! A great time had by all. In the pics, V3DT is showing me some pics of the mods he's done. Dude is like MacGyver. He'll most likely show up at next year's ride on a fuel-cell powered hovercraft.

Derek, big thanks to you for putting this together! Also, thanks to ricer1 for the great dinner and Tonik for the donuts. Two of my favorite things: riding and food! A great time had by all. In the pics, V3DT is showing me some pics of the mods he's done. Dude is like MacGyver. He'll most likely show up at next year's ride on a fuel-cell powered hovercraft.

How did you know about my fuel-cell powered hovercraft project? :trollface:

Here is some video I got from the ride.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDBbVqHqeIQ

The camera went dead about half way through the ride, I had already been using it on the way down.

• Upvote 2

V3DT - THANKS for posting the video. It's great.

Tonik - WHAT were you pointing at in that field full of cattle- early in the ride, at 2:24 in the video? I noticed during the ride and meant to ask about it. 

Chris