Snap-on question

2talltim

Who here deals with snap-on tools frequently? I have a few that are very old (mostly my grandfather's) that I use occasionally. One of those is a 1/2" breaker bar ratcheting adapter. This weekend while using it it broke. I checked out the snap-on web site and can't even find it on there. So would I be wasting my time try to replace it? I think it's a obsolete item. I was hoping to get it replaced under warranty.

Edited by 2talltim

Just found this, mine is the B version made from 1948-1955. There is mention of any after the 1970 C version. But it's day versions may still be avaliable today.

ce18089cd39a93d30876d3d612eee4bc.jpg

Edited by 2talltim

Now damn it I search that damn site for a half hour and couldn't find it. Thanks man.

Depending on what broke there is also a $10 rebuild kit you can buy and maybe just fix yours versus trading it in.  It's something worth asking about if you like the vintage feel of the one you broke.  Snap-on p/n RKRS77

Depending on what broke there is also a $10 rebuild kit you can buy and maybe just fix yours versus trading it in. It's something worth asking about if you like the vintage feel of the one you broke. Snap-on p/n RKRS77

I'll check it out, somthing on the inside ratcheting mechanism. It will slip with the slightest torque against it.

All of my ratchets that I use on a daily basis are snap-on.  If my old Snap-On dealer was still with Snap-On, I'd give you his number, he lives right in Freddy-town.  He got out of it over 5 years ago.

If you were closer, I'd have you drop it off to me, and I'd get it taken care of through my current dealer.

All of my ratchets that I use on a daily basis are snap-on. If my old Snap-On dealer was still with Snap-On, I'd give you his number, he lives right in Freddy-town. He got out of it over 5 years ago.

If you were closer, I'd have you drop it off to me, and I'd get it taken care of through my current dealer.

Not really in hurry, maybe one day I'll drop it off to you, got a impact extention that needs replaced too.

• 2 weeks later...

interested if you tried to get a new one yet. they guy told my uncle his socket is no longer made and he cant replace it under warranty. that's why he quit buying snap on tools.

No I haven't yet, need to get on that. I accually forgot about, sure I would remeber when I needed it again..lol

• 2 weeks later...