Deals Gap 10-10 to 10-14

2talltim

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After Blue Crab Bisque Saturday afternoon, taking Wayah Rd. back to Robbinsville. It's only 15 minutes longer and a nice change of pace since we/I will be hitting 28 the next day anyway.

https://goo.gl/maps/KzF64yNS49J2

I love Wayah Rd. It can be dirty after a rain though so it's hit or miss. But the water falls on the west end of it are cool to see.

Oil changed today and all fluids topped off and everything is ready togo. Installed a new rear brake rotor, didn't need replaced but found a smoking deal on a EBC that matched the new front ones. So other than throwing a bag together and maybe washing the bike(pending departure weather) im all set.

Edited by 2talltim

I talked to Dan a couple weeks ago and was trying to extend my trip in order to ride some with you guys. but unfortunately I will be leaving on Sunday to head back north.

I will staying at the gap Sat night and possibly Friday night depending on how far I get during the day.

Hopefully our paths will cross sometime Saturday or Sunday morning

Sent from [emoji631] on my iPhone using Tapatalk

Short jaunt this morning for breakfast and one if my heated grips didn't work. Messed with it at the gas station then neither one worked. Had that same problem out in Wyoming last year. Came home found a popped fuse (replaced it ) popped again. Took the grips off and basically found the left heating element welded to the bar aka shorted out. Went to amazon order a set of Demon heated grips for $50, will be here Saturday. Just when I thought I was ready to roll. :(

Edited by 2talltim

We should get a final tally this weekend of who's going, when they plan on getting there, where staying, etc. Maybe Tim can update the OP with the details.

I'm leaving from Montgomery OH around 4pm on Friday (or a little earlier if I can wrap up work sooner) and will be riding to Jellico at the KY/TN border and staying at the Days Inn. Anyone is welcome to meet me at my house anytime that day and ride with me (I'll be working from home) - just let me know and I'll PM you the address. Might be a nice break for those riding from N OH.

Saturday I'll head to Robbinsville, check in at the Microtel and then meet whomever is going at Cafe Rel in Franklin at whatever time we deem works

Sunday I'll do the Tonik Loop of hate

These 2 are weather dependent...I have off through Wednesday:

Monday I think I'll do a partial eastern loop and start heading back towards home...something like this: https://goo.gl/maps/mNCP78T6wb42 - Not sure where I'm staying just yet.

Tuesday head back home to Cinci- route TBD