Deals Gap 10-10 to 10-14

2talltim

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, a 12. I would not do that either.

Not out of the question though because chances are I'll just go home lie awake till midnight then hit the road at 4am anyway.

I'm going to be packed and ready to roll by wednesday evening. And make a last min. decision. To save me a search what hotel did you all decide on for Friday night?

Microtel

2130 Harper Road

Beckley, WV 25801 US

There are two in Beckley, this one is right by 77. The other is sorta downtown.

Cool thanks, Jeff(xVICIOUSx) said he might be down there too Friday. 

Edited by 2talltim

Well new grips are on. I shit canned the Symtec Demon heaters(sending them back) for a better set of Oxford I picked up at IP today. Also installed a usb 3.0 phone charger and hope it will keep up with my screen on for GPS. If not I'll go back to shuting the screen off

132f8806efa7077fa788fdeb27268973.jpg

a62c1e38c1d227a41a9071a6bb38e28d.jpg

Edited by 2talltim

Just hoping all of my parts show up on Tuesday.. My bike is currently minus the rear end. Pulled the rear end to clean and lube the rear bearings thinking the dealer would have clips, seals and bearings in stock. As they same never assume..........

Just hoping all of my parts show up on Tuesday.. My bike is currently minus the rear end. Pulled the rear end to clean and lube the rear bearings thinking the dealer would have clips, seals and bearings in stock. As they same never assume..........

Just take Shawn's FZ, somone has to ride it..lol

Any chance these cabins have internet and/or Verizon cell signal? I may have to work while we're down there. 

It is very spotty and crappy. There are several free WIFI spots in town, my hotel is one of them.

http://www.openwifispots.com/citylist_free_wifi_wireless_hotspot-Robbinsville_NC.aspx

Hello All,

I will unfortunately not be able to make this trip due to other priorities ( Son in senior year at WVU needed some help ) taking the funds in which I had saved up for this trip. I wish everyone an amazing trip and I hope to make it next year.

Jeff 

Unless someone fills the spot!

How about it Bubba Bill?

Not on my radar anymore.  Besides, you REALLY don't want me to come on this ride with you guys....with my history of bad weather on camping and motorcycle trips, I'm like the old Al Capp comic character Joe Btfsplk...you remember, the one with the continual rain cloud over his head?  I'd completely negate the rain-shedding properties of Tonik's Dome of Hate.

Screen%20Shot%202015-10-05%20at%202.48.3

• Joe Btfsplk: The world's worst jinxJoe Btfsplk had a perpetually dark rain cloud over his head. Instantaneous bad luck befell anyone unfortunate enough to be in his vicinity. Though well-meaning and friendly, his reputation inevitably precedes him—so Joe is a very lonely little man. He has an apparently unpronounceable name, but creator Al Capp "pronounced" Btfsplk by simply blowing a "raspberry," or Bronx cheer.[14] Joe's personal storm cloud became one of the most iconic images in the strip.
Edited by Bubba

Not on my radar anymore.  Besides, you REALLY don't want me to come on this ride with you guys....with my history of bad weather on camping and motorcycle trips, I'm like the old Al Capp comic character Joe Btfsplk...you remember, the one with the continual rain cloud over his head?  I'd completely negate the rain-shedding properties of Tonik's Dome of Hate.

So how much time have you been spending in South Carolina? :lol:

Baring anymore whining by Dan here is my current itinerary.  Anyone is invited to tag along, the pace will be brisk for a cruiser.  Med to Med+ in OR terms.

Friday after work.  Rest area on I77 just south of 271 to Beckley WV leaving apx. 5:30.

Saturday  https://goo.gl/maps/EC4N6Tki7gF2   Beckley to Marion VA via 16, slab to 212/209 then to Cafe Rel then 28 to Robbinsville.

Sunday  https://goo.gl/maps/78sA7mQpdfm     28 to Walhalla SC, west to 68 via some nice stuff then north to Skyway to Robbinsville

Mon.   https://goo.gl/maps/yv2G8xgdN5k    Dragon then all backroads zig zagging through Dan Boone Nat. Forest to Lexington.

Tues  Lexington to Cleveland, probably via 62 because Cincy sucks.

Jim, is this still your planned itinerary? I'm liking that Monday ride back to Lexington/Georgetown, I think I'll ride that with you as I've never been through there before. Where are you staying that night?

Jim, is this still your planned itinerary? I'm liking that Monday ride back to Lexington/Georgetown, I think I'll ride that with you as I've never been through there before. Where are you staying that night?

Yep, that is pretty set in stone. Probably the microtel near 62 and 75.

I am waiting for a customer to confirm tomorrow on what day the are coming in next week. I am not too hopeful at the moment, call me a bitch but I don't feel like making the 12+ hour ride back home after the trip down and riding the whole time.