"I feel the need, the need for speed" sun 30th

theroamr

Already committed to other plans for the weekend.

You guys should make Roamer describe the pace he intends to lead you on. That way when you are all done you can call him a liar.

Note to new guy I don't know with the V-Rod, normally cruisers can't keep up with this particular groups pace. I say normally because there certainly are and have been exceptions but if your line about the suspension being lowered is correct then I would suggest you find a more appropriate group to ride with on this site. While the V-Rod certainly is a capable machine and you may be a very good rider the bike has been hampered in a way to make it not conducive to this type of ride.

You guys should make Roamer describe the pace he intends to lead you on. That way when you are all done you can call him a liar.

Note to new guy I don't know with the V-Rod, normally cruisers can't keep up with this particular groups pace. I say normally because there certainly are and have been exceptions but if your line about the suspension being lowered is correct then I would suggest you find a more appropriate group to ride with on this site. While the V-Rod certainly is a capable machine and you may be a very good rider the bike has been hampered in a way to make it not conducive to this type of ride.

Yeah, after wearing my normally acceptable street gear with these guys last time and UP's friendly reminder, I'll be riding the FJR in one piece leathers this time around.

Already committed to other plans for the weekend.

Thank you very much for the info!  I learned on my last trip to Wayne National Forest that I did not like the performance loss due to the bike being lowered.  I have raised the front back to stock height and the 13" 444 Progressive shocks are on back order until Mid Sept. so once I get them in I have a buyer for my 12" ones so I will then have the maximum lean angle back and will then hopefully be able to save my exhaust from dragging.

I am fine with starting out with everyone and dont expect anyone to wait or hang back for me if I am not able to match the pace. I have most of the routes on my GPS for the area and will venture off on one on my own.  Plus would give me a chance to meet some of the forum members.

Jeff 

Thanks guys, I forgot to mention the pace. I'm use to posting on Core and through instant messages. I forgot that Ohio Riders actually has participating members. The pace will be Brisk. Mostly 80ish in the straights with some faster sections. Corners typically double posted speed. Not for everyone. But if you're safe, ride within your ability and wear gear your welcome. We wait at route changing intersections. We pass on double yellow and been known to pass each other in good spirits.

I figure I'll be at Bolivar Dq at 800am to depart 815am. I'll take 212 to 93 which runs into Otsego and rt 83. So at 930-945 this would be a good spot to meet more riders. Then taking 83 to 78 into McConnelsville meeting at gas station near river around 1100-1115am. Another spot to pick up riders. Then we meander via twisties to Marrietta.

If I am not dead from moving on Saturday and have time to prep the bike/ myself I'm game. Little intimidated by the people who have already signed up for this ride. You guys are fast  :busa:

Yeah, after wearing my normally acceptable street gear with these guys last time and UP's friendly reminder, I'll be riding the FJR in one piece leathers this time around.

hmmm my suit is un-proven on long rides...

Edited by TimTheAzn

I think that the passing each other needs to be addressed. These rides are not free-for-alls and shouldn't be thought of as such. It is a rare occasion that passing someone you are riding with is acceptable behavior. If talked about and agreed upon beforehand among competent riders there are exceptions. I'm sure no one wants a new rider showing up trying to pass people that they are unfamiliar with.

Sounds like the V-Rod guy has his act together and should be a good fit. I hope you have boots by now Jacob?

Sounds like the V-Rod guy has his act together and should be a good fit. I hope you have boots by now Jacob?

Had em before, just didn't wear them. Yes, I'm a dumbass. I'll be the golden boy of proper gear now! Haha

As I said before, thanks for the correction, I really mean that.

Edited by jacobhawkins

Pauly we rode 556 a few weeks ago and in my opinion it's okay. The Fracking has caused a few corners to have some debris though. But I rode at pace and was okay. But a few other riders said they thought it wasn't as good as idea just to give you multi opinions.

Edited by theroamr