Guess which bike 2.0: Redemption

NinjaDoc

Ever since the spontaneous decision to buy that Zx14 things been different. Its almost like an evil omen took hold off me. Its nothing to do with the bike. Just that it was wrong timing, being a new father, rebounding with this bike, temptation to go faster, every thing went crazy. The day i bought the bike to home my family was like "it looks like the devil is sitting in the garage" lol And may be it was the influence of that bad omen that made me make the infamously crappy thread that got me nominated for the asshat race :D The zx will be the first and last shortest bike ownership ever for me.

Anyways long story short, ever since my son was born i have been fighting the "inner fear" when ever i am riding. Always in double mind, always rethinking, never fully enjoying riding like i used to the previous years. But after seeing Jerry switch to a Vstrom from the hawk plus test riding that bike i realize may be the comfortable balance is in that kind of different riding. We used to do ride on the edge and was lucky all these years, certainly it was fun. Didnt want to push that luck anymore. Sold the Zx, and just like i feared kept looking through CL and Cycle trader etc. I knew i was going to rebound now or by next spring for sure. i thought, better to do this right now during good deal time as i dont have trailer etc to buy during winter.  And there it was a good deal just siting right there close to home, just went to see the bike and after 4 hours i was riding it home. But this one will be staying with me for years like my VFR.

Again sorry for the old crappy guess game. No more guessing game here is the bike 2015 Vstrom 650 ABS regular model. As i cant do multiday trips any time soon, will be setting this up for one day long rides. More touring than sport ride. More breathing fresh air than slicing through them. More enjoying the view from upright sitting than tunneled focus on the road ahead. More endorphins than adrenaline :D

3D235989-7F80-4746-A6E0-F754740372DE_zps

AC42EE9B-F2CB-4CAF-82E2-632ABF1295FD_zps

Edited by NinjaDoc
  • Upvote 2

I think Doc is the opposite of Bad. Wants bike...buys bike right away :)

You have no idea what I have been going thru with my extended son. Poor guy has not slept in days. Even went with him to Pittsburg to look at a bike. Trying to teach him to be patient. A deal will come along. As it did. I must say he got a smoking deal on that bike and it is a 2015. Not a leftover. Cool beans Bubby. I think your gonna keep this one around for awhile.
  • Upvote 1

I think Doc is the opposite of Bad. Wants bike...buys bike right away :)

Ain't that the truth! My problem is I'm still torn if I will actually ride anymore than I have the last couple seasons. That's my hesitance
  • Upvote 1

Ain't that the truth! My problem is I'm still torn if I will actually ride anymore than I have the last couple seasons. That's my hesitance

Ahh yes, another piece of info that you don't have yet........there is a pattern here I tell you.

Thank you guys :D

Don't buy anything Brian, don't fall into the trap again. If your strong stay away until u really can't go on without it :) like jerry said I was really in so much trouble like I couldn't even sleep without making a good decision and finally was like, that's it gonna ride no matter what

There was definitely a disconnect between you & the zx14 Nivin.I think the V-Strom was a good choice for you. You can still go pretty damn fast through the corners on that thing if you want. I would have been sad if you would have gone the cruiser route but I'm happy with your choice.

• Upvote 1