Winter Storage

blue72beetle

My bikes are never put away for the Winter, ready to ride at any break in the weather. Keep tank full with a bit of Stabil and plugged into the tender, other than that I am ready to ride when temps above freezing and the roads are dry. :)

My bikes are never put away for the Winter, ready to ride at any break in the weather. Keep tank full with a bit of Stabil and plugged into the tender, other than that I am ready to ride when temps above freezing and the roads are dry. :)

This^^^

Andy, I am disappointed that you are packing it in already. I thought you were hardcore.  Next you are going to tell me you have a trailer for your bike.

Well, I only put one bike inside. I'm still riding the Grom until it starts to snow, then that will go inside too. The V-Strom will stay out in the garage so I can ride it whenever the urge hits.

No trailer here, but I didn't ride the Grom home after I bought it....

P6084381e-L.jpg

Fuck no, this is the best time to ride! Beautiful colors, no bugs, no sweating, no parades of slow ass fair-weather riders cloggin the roads.

This state throws too many 50+ degree days at you through the winter to ever pack it up.

Maybe down south of the state... in the northeast we get permafrost on the roads between late December and early February...

Hell, we got some -38 Temps last year.

Maybe down south of the state... in the northeast we get permafrost on the roads between late December and early February...

Hell, we got some -38 Temps last year.

Yeah no doubt it is a different world up by the great Lake or the closer you are to it, Central Ohio and South can be rather pleasant sometimes when it is pure ass up North.

Just washed the bike last night and plugged in the tender but she will always be ready to ride. My season is mostly over because I don't commute with it and my weekends are mosty taken up till the middle of Nov.

If we happen to get a nice weekend after that I'll take her out for a spin.

Edited by 2talltim

I don't usually put mine up - It's always hooked up to a battery tender when parked in my garage, and I'll add a little sta-bil, but that's it.

This year, though, I have a lot of maintenance to do so I have to pick an end date to the season.  I figure when I get two weeks solid of below freezing mornings it'll be time to call it a season and get to tearing her down.

Edited by Scruit

When I had the bike my tradition became putting it away for winter on Thanksgiving morning. But really all this meant was a solid detail, stabil in the tank and throw the cover on it. Still too many good days left in up here in NEO before then

• 4 weeks later...

I hope everyone who has their bike stored already feels like a big fat failure.

Damned awesome weather yesterday and today...got out and loved every second of it. Never hot at a stop, just cool enough for a liner in the jacket but not cold.

Yesterday all of us out there riding waved at each other, but it was a knowing wink instead of a friendly gesture...it was all of us with some patience saying to one another "Hey, cool guy, I don't have premature ejaculation either. You rock. I rock. Look at us!"

:D

• Upvote 2