Saturday (or Sunday?), July 2/3 ride

jacobhawkins

My RSV has been flawless thus far. Haven't heard nearly the horror/whore stories of being a Duc owner! 

In my advanced age, the electronic rider aids have been phenomenal. Highsides suck! So far only a R1 M model has been able to pull away from me via HP. (Front stretch at Texas World)

5 minutes ago, JustinNck1 said:

I think I can count the amount of times I have ever seen an Aprilia on one hand. For something that expensive with that amount of electronics, I would want a better dealer network.

The RSV models are not that expensive compared to the Jap counterparts.  And much more economical than the Ducs. 

But yes, I purchased mine from a very good dealer in Houston whom is currently whooping up the MotoAmerca field. Didn't know I'd be relocating at time of purchase. 

On 6/28/2016 at 10:19 PM, jacobhawkins said:

As Derek said, cops will be out, we all know that, I won't be going 100 down I70.

Jake's got the right attitude. On a holiday weekend, police are playing a numbers game. 

They're going to have a high visual presence to deter speeding and enforce limits, but I would find it shocking if they were not concentrating almost exclusively on major highways and main roads.  More traffic = greater effect and potential for catching someone.  Believe it or not, they would prefer for people to see them and slow down, rather than having to write a bunch of tickets.

Also keep in mind that police officers are just human beings with a job to do.   They would much rather be at a barbecue with their families and friends than at work on a beautiful day.  Some may be jealous of your fun and act vindictively in response, but many will look at you and think "Nah...  Not today."  

Have fun guys.  I need to get my XR street-legal for one of these back road jaunts.  I don't expect anyone to wait up for me.  Maybe I could keep up with the cruiser folks who are more interested in the scenery, while I see if i can keep it pinned in 5th through the turns :p

• Upvote 2

Jacob. Thanks for letting me filter in at 93/83. I had a great ride leaving Hocking Hills at 0830, Only had 3 vehicles to deal with on 78/83 all the way to New Concord and no Deer. Enjoyed the run south with your group to the 550/337 intersection. Going west with you would have put me of the far side of the state with a haul back home. I thought the RSV Driver was going to split ahead and up the pace for awhile since he kept passing you so I was going to join him rather than listen to the two uncorked pipe's back at the rear but I was mistaken. No harm no foul I hope. Anyway I enjoyed the short stint and I hope you all had fun. Nice to meet everyone. 210 Miles.

Home as well.  Great to meet you, OhiO.  It was great to see you again Dirk and glad go on a good ride with you Warren.  Brian, not a problem at all man.  I talked to OhiO before the ride and opened it up if he wanted to lead.  I hate leading because I drag the pace...

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Isaac's Papa said:

I put in a fast 270 miles. The new guy is a better rider than I'd hoped. We weren't blistering any tires, but when I pulled away from him he wasn't very far behind when I stopped. Let him ride Isabella up OH-9. Now he wants to set his Yamaha on fire and buy twenty-year-old Ducati. 

Kids these days. Never satisfied with anything. Lol

That is an amazing bike.  I wanted to set my Yamaha on fire after riding it.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, B-Mac said:

I thought the RSV Driver was going to split ahead and up the pace for awhile since he kept passing you so I was going to join him rather than listen to the two uncorked pipe's back at the rear but I was mistaken. 

Confused, never seen you behind me. I always slow down in the straights. We had a group of varying skill levels. Plus I was unsure of the route. Been awhile on these roads. 

7 minutes ago, 0hi0 said:

Confused, never seen you behind me. I always slow down in the straights. We had a group of varying skill levels. Plus I was unsure of the route. Been awhile on these roads. 

Keeping it tame in the straights is a good rule of thumb to keep the group relatively close together.   Plus it keeps the LEOs at bay for the most part, or at the very least, the tickets reasonable.   

If you are in a group of all experienced and talented riders, the pace tends to pick up in the straights.  

Glad you guys had a good time. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, B-Mac said:

My bad, I am old and confused most of the time. Good time was had by all.

No worries, I got tired! And might be a bit sore. Slabbing it back to C-Bus was brutal. LEO was definitely out in force. Thought I was going to make a donation today. Luckily he was to busy on his cell phone. 

2 hours ago, DerekClouser said:

Keeping it tame in the straights is a good rule of thumb to keep the group relatively close together.   Plus it keeps the LEOs at bay for the most part, or at the very least, the tickets reasonable.   

If you are in a group of all experienced and talented riders, the pace tends to pick up in the straights.  

Glad you guys had a good time. 

You should take your own advise!

corner one 70 mph straight, corner 2 90 mph straight, corner 3 110 mph sustained until next stop or car.

?

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, B-Mac said:

I was going to join him rather than listen to the two uncorked pipe's back at the rear but I was mistaken. No harm no foul I hope. Anyway I enjoyed the short stint and I hope you all had fun. Nice to meet everyone. 210 Miles.

Sorry I was 1 of those noisy fart cans. Wish I would have had a chance to introduce myself. Hopefully next time. 

4 hours ago, jacobhawkins said:

I hate leading because I drag the pace...

Jacob your pace is fine. I'd ride again on any route you lead. Speaking of which your route was great today. Thanks for putting it together. The pics of the little ones crawling all over your bike is great. 

• Upvote 1