Fall Gap Trip 2016

Tonik

12 minutes ago, 2talltim said:

Last PP I ran on my TL lasted one trip.1800 miles . ..lol

The center is the worst... flat spot is almost down the the wear bar already which is crazy since we didn't do much slab. I'm guessing it was the trip home that did it in.

Edited by what

9 hours ago, 2talltim said:

Probably just jump back to the T30s, they wear even and stick like glue, yea I wasn't getting the mileage but for the cost they are probably the better deal still.

fyi bridgestone brought BACK into production, the BT-023's!   I loved them on my bike at least.

(Doh! just read over the other replies and saw that you said you Found some BT-023's)

Edited by Scorpion-Ninja

10 hours ago, 2talltim said:

Probably just jump back to the T30s, they wear even and stick like glue, yea I wasn't getting the mileage but for the cost they are probably the better deal still.

I'm looking for stickier tires for my other set of wheels.  I'll stay with the PR4 for long distance and commuting, but they were sliding around way too much in the technical stuff. 

2 minutes ago, PhilD'oh! said:

I'm looking for stickier tires for my other set of wheels.  I'll stay with the PR4 for long distance and commuting, but they were sliding around way too much in the technical stuff. 

I agree, I never had a tire move around as much as my PR4s. My Angel GTs used to stick like glue.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, PhilD'oh! said:

T30' S are stickiest touring tires I've ever ran on my bike. They are super soft on the edges.023s are supposed to be good too just a little harder compound but not much harder. If you want softer that that go with Q3s or Powers but you'll eat the center's alive with a heavy bike.

Edited by 2talltim

2 minutes ago, 2talltim said:

T30' S are stickiest touring tires I've ever ran on my bike. They are super soft on the edges.023s are supposed to be good too just a little harder compound but not much harder. If you want softer that that go with Q3s or Powers but you'll eat the center's alive with a heavy bike.

I think I'll try the T30s again and also pick up an Angel front.  

Here is my observations on the FJR as far as tires go. (Not trying to start a tire thread, I am stopping after this :cool:)

Stock Stones: 2800 (Toast, lost shape)

Angel GTs: 4500 Average (Held Shape until almost worn out, 3 Sets)

PR4s: 4800 with tread left (Bad Feathering)

Edited by JustinNck1

On 11/1/2016 at 1:16 PM, Scorpion-Ninja said:

fyi bridgestone brought BACK into production, the BT-023's!   I loved them on my bike at least.

You would be correct, the only thing I was worried about ordering them what they would have an old date code on them. But I got them today and they were manufactured in March of 2016. So I'm a happy camper 

What the hell are you guys doing that PR4s are burning up that quick and sliding!? I've put almost 3k miles on this set so far and they're still almost like new. Sticky even in the cold and wet. Haven't had a single issue with slippage yet. No feathering or cupping. 

4 hours ago, Casper said:

What the hell are you guys doing that PR4s are burning up that quick and sliding!? I've put almost 3k miles on this set so far and they're still almost like new. Sticky even in the cold and wet. Haven't had a single issue with slippage yet. No feathering or cupping. 

2016-11-03 05.43.29.jpg

• Upvote 2

PR4 's installed at wheelers $455 which I thought was a very good price. Set of 023s mounted by me and bubby tire Spooner up the road. $180. That's the only reason. I'll get 1000 to 2000 less miles out of the 023s and it still makes dollars and cents to go that route. And other  than wear I had zero complaints out of my last sets of stones.

Edited by 2talltim

39 minutes ago, 2talltim said:

PR4 's installed at wheelers $455 which I thought was a very good price. Set of 023s mounted by me and bubby tire Spooner up the road. $180. That's the only reason. I'll get 1000 to 2000 less miles out of the 023s and it still makes dollars and cents to go that route. And other  than wear I had zero complaints out of my last sets of stones.

I paid around $400 for the tires mounted and they've already lasted me longer than the Diablos I had. 

12 minutes ago, Casper said:

I paid around $400 for the tires mounted and they've already lasted me longer than the Diablos I had. 

I'm sure they are great tires that's why I tried them, heard nothing but good news about them. But it's kind of like comparing apples to bowling balls here, you gotta think I'm rolling down the road about 400 pounds heavier than you are. They just don't work as well on the big heavy machines. Even some of the heavy sport touring guys that put down massive freeway miles in the Flatlands love them. But that's not how I roll.  Where we we are having the cupping or feathering issue is on the corners of the tread where the water sipes are. I'm assuming due to the weight and toque of our bikes the compound they use their cant withstand that as well as lighter  bikes. At first I was thinking it was my set up and maybe I could change some things. But then when I realize Justin was having the same exact problem with a totally different bike and setup.  It's gotta be due to the shear weight and the aggressive riding that we both share. Justin said that his are worse than mine. I can feel the unevenness with my hand and at extremely slow speeds while rolling but I can't feel them at regular speeds or fast speeds. So I'll roll these until I either have to take them off or I finish off the tread. More than likely I'll keep them on there till just before the June Gap trip.