Fall Gap Trip 2016

Tonik

1 hour ago, TimTheAzn said:

@what were you riding by yourself most of the time in these vids or was everyone behind you?

Edit: You also have the habit of cancelling phantom turn signals LOL

The dragon run I was alone-ish, the Cherohala run @Danimal was right behind me, followed by @2talltim@ScubaCinci and I think @blue72beetle. Most of the rest of my footage (Saturday and Sunday) have me behind Dan/Tim and @Tonik. I'll be posting that stuff tonight.

And yes, I knew I hit the turn signal fairly often but I think it's reached "you need therapy" levels after watching these videos, lol. 

Edited by what

1 minute ago, what said:

The dragon run I was alone-ish, the Cherohala run @Danimal was right behind me, followed by @2talltim and @ScubaCinci.

And yes, I knew I hit the turn signal fairly often but I think it's reached "you need therapy" levels after watching these videos, lol. 

I do it all the time. And thats just the times I think about it. I'm sure the subconscious turn signal cancels are far more frequent.  

Looks like you were cruising the skyway at a pretty good pace!

Edited by TimTheAzn
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, TimTheAzn said:

I do it all the time. And thats just the times I think about it. I'm sure the subconscious turn signal cancels are far more frequent.  

Looks like you were cruising the skyway at a pretty good pace!

I was keeping it at around 70. I had to slow myself down a couple times coming out of corners. I figured since there were workers up mowing the grass there might be some rangers sitting around and didn't feel like going to jail if that was the case. 

6 minutes ago, what said:

I was keeping it at around 70. I had to slow myself down a couple times coming out of corners. I figured since there were workers up mowing the grass there might be some rangers sitting around and didn't feel like going to jail if that was the case. 

A wise old punk once told me that, the slowest bike gets caught.:lol:

1 hour ago, what said:

The dragon run I was alone-ish, the Cherohala run @Danimal was right behind me, followed by @2talltim@ScubaCinci and I think @blue72beetle

It was Tim , @JustinNck1 and I behind you guys until that ass in the pickup decided he wasn't going to let anyone else pass him.

1 hour ago, TimTheAzn said:

I have the same habit. When I had my WR250F, the kill switch was in the same place as the turn signals on most street bikes which made it interesting when my OCD switch cancelling kicked in.

Edited by ScubaCinci

@what Sorry for holding you up on DG. 

i realize now after watching your vid you caught me pretty fast and was gain ground quickly even through the turns I thought I was taking pretty fast. Good thing I stopped for the overlook or you would have had to follow me the rest of the pass. :D

I didn't realize how slow I was.

Craig

18 minutes ago, CBBaron said:

@what Sorry for holding you up on DG. 

i realize now after watching your vid you caught me pretty fast and was gain ground quickly even through the turns I thought I was taking pretty fast. Good thing I stopped for the overlook or you would have had to follow me the rest of the pass. :D

I didn't realize how slow I was.

Craig

You weren't holding me up. I thought it was a good chance to get some footage for you but you pulled off, hehe. I was actually really surprised to see you after getting stuck behind that damn jeep and the stupid black SUV lady for so long. After I pulled over at the end I was thinking I should have done what you did and went back. Oh well. 

Edited by what

19 minutes ago, Tonik said:

Perhaps. It was his riding buddy that caused him to crash.  Rear ended him.

Yeah, that's why i like to run sweep, unless I am familiar with the rider(s) behind me. Stuff like this has me considering a Spot tracker.

3 hours ago, Casper said:

Holy shit. This should be its own thread. 

Yeah... the news crew and cop in my dragon video were there to report on that crash. The spot they are standing is where the two went over the cliff. It's a long fucking way down there...