unOFFICIAL FALL 2016 EPIC RIDE Shit Show

TimTheAzn

3 hours ago, Tonik said:

Yea, but that wasn't happening.  It was this dude's third time going off the deep end and the OR Keyboard Militia didn't put him down, didn't even try.  So we did.

I really didn't see him saying anything that bad, just the same old shit as before, mostly driven by poor reading comprehension, seemingly incapable of reading anything into a sentence other than whatever he deemed offensive to his macho-ness, and immediately defaulting to a challenge at all aspects of life.  He was ok otherwise. Did he threaten anyone or overly harass anyone?

I hate these pulled posts from an existing thread. They are taken out of content and leave both threads lacking a flow that can be logically followed.

Over moderators to the rescue again when it's not needed.

Since we are here. I have no idea who this OhiO guy is but I keep hearing people saying that he has participated in the past and has even rode with them. Can someone refresh this old mans memory, have I met him?

I didn't see him do anything that required banning but there could have been behind the scenes things going on that I don't know about but my instinct tells me that it's just..... Over moderating!

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Uncle Punk said:

I hate these pulled posts from an existing thread. They are taken out of content and leave both threads lacking a flow that can be logically followed.

Since we are here. I have no idea who this OhiO guy is but I keep hearing people saying that he has participated in the past and has even rode with them. Can someone refresh this old mans memory, have I met him?

I didn't see him do anything that required banning but there could have been behind the scenes things going on that I don't know about but my instinct tells me that it's just..... Over moderating!

agreed.  we should incite violence against the mods who did this constitutionally unacceptable banning or whatever thing they did

• Upvote 2

On August 14, 2016 at 4:54 PM, snot said:

It's rare a thread is locked or stays locked.

OhiO pissed off @MidgetTodd a while back too.

He talks a lot of shit without knowing the riders. 

Whoa! Completely out of context. He wanted me to go to a track day,. WHICH I DID. He never came around to say "Hello" or even ride with me from which HE WANTED.  Then he didn't represent himself very well as other instructors said and I quote, "Don't mind him."  

That is truth, if he or others got butthurt over TRUTH so be it. 

Perhaps others talked shit without knowing me? 

On August 15, 2016 at 2:06 PM, Uncle Punk said:

UP, let's ride.

Your correct, all my threads post were pulled because "he that shall not be named" pushed the wrong button. Sucks things are taken without proper context.

To others:

Sorry some of your friends got their feeling hurt. 

2 hours ago, 0hi0 said:

Whoa! Completely out of context. He wanted me to go to a track day,. WHICH I DID. He never came around to say "Hello" or even ride with me from which HE WANTED.  Then he didn't represent himself very well as other instructors said and I quote, "Don't mind him."  

You talk shit about riders you don't know too. 

Are you going to the epic ride? 

If so maybe once you meet some of us you might change your tune. We are good people and enjoy a good laugh.

24 minutes ago, snot said:

You talk shit about riders you don't know too. 

Are you going to the epic ride? 

If so maybe once you meet some of us you might change your tune. We are good people and enjoy a good laugh.

Ok, I apologize for hurting you or YOUR friends feeling. Truth be told I would of never gave midget any mind. However he came on strong in a thread he had no business. Then HIS actions at Mid-Ohio raised some red flags. Hope he takes this constructively and re-evaluates his behavior. One thing to be antagonistic in cyberland but waaaaaay different when representing a track day company trying to make money. 

As for Idiot, what kind of person "spy's" at a OR bike night? Enough said about that. 

As for Tim, I thought well enough to actually personally invite him on a ride. Then after the whole retard thing went down it escalated. We both agreed water under the bridge  

One other dude I won't even dignify with a response  

So apparently turn about isn't fair game. Sorry to rock the boat. Now I know how things roll around here.

So we can let things go or continue to throw mud? Feel like I'm pushing a chain uphill.

Work schedule permitting I'll be at the Epic ride. I know the OR gang are good people. Met many at the various bike nights I attend and various rides from past and present. 

11 hours ago, Vagabound said:

8 hours ago, Vagabound said:

Ok, I apologize for hurting you or YOUR friends feeling. Truth be told I would of never gave midget any mind. However he came on strong in a thread he had no business. Then HIS actions at Mid-Ohio raised some red flags. Hope he takes this constructively and re-evaluates his behavior. One thing to be antagonistic in cyberland but waaaaaay different when representing a track day company trying to make money. 

As for Idiot, what kind of person "spy's" at a OR bike night? Enough said about that. 

As for Tim, I thought well enough to actually personally invite him on a ride. Then after the whole retard thing went down it escalated. We both agreed water under the bridge  

One other dude I won't even dignify with a response  

So apparently turn about isn't fair game. Sorry to rock the boat. Now I know how things roll around here.

So we can let things go or continue to throw mud? Feel like I'm pushing a chain uphill.

Work schedule permitting I'll be at the Epic ride. I know the OR gang are good people. Met many at the various bike nights I attend and various rides from past and present. 

Wait what? My actions at Mid Ohio? I havent even got out of medical to ride yet this season since the company change over has us short staffed with mostly new people. Theres 3 Todds there coaching if you had red flags and bad actions it wasnt me I have yet to even ride this season. Hoping to Tuesday but its not looking good.

If you've taken anything I've said seriously and gotten offended you are way too sensitive :lol: 

Im not sure I have ever even met you, I assume you're Ohio with a new screen name though by the comments. Still not sure we've even met or what the butt hurt is lol. Guess I need to go back and read old theads when I get time. 

• Upvote 2

One thing I do have is integrity.

But such a coincidence all that banter for a Mid-O track day and you don't show? Should of snapped  some more pictures, slipping... Hmm, anyway---if it was another "Todd", I'm man enough to appologize. 

IP, our paths will cross. I look forward to it. Tick tock tick tock

That's a good question. I've not seen or heard anything bad happen this year.

If you had an issue there though did you take it to Mark? He is very good about taking care of issues. But like I said, I've been in infield medical or turn 5 Ambulance all season so far so if you had an issue there it wasn't me. 

Mark is indeed good people and I use to have to race against him. I use "race" loosely. His team would race, we could try to smell their fumes. 

I asked him to remove me from the Novice group and he did. Was unfortunate that I raised the bullshit flag late and the rain came, bikes started to hit the ground. When experienced guys immediately started packing up, I took that as a que and called it a day. 

Yes, I was butthurt to be playing the "follow me" game well past lunch. That was the first track day I've EVER seen do that. For the first two sessions I understand. But well past lunch? I'm a loner when on the track. I like my own space, learning the track at my pace and getting some rhythm. 

And yes, there was a couple coaches that didn't represent themselves very well. Students and other coaches were literally rolling their eyes. My coach personally was telling me, "Don't mind him".

But the topper of the day: A Instructor counseled me on lifting my visor two turns before pitting in on a red flag. I just about lost my biscuits. There is another visor under the main, plus I wear glasses.

Ok. Well to be clear, the don't mind him you quoted and the representative and raised flags was not directed at me as you mentioned earlier in another post. I wasn't riding that day. I also don't do stuff like that when coaching. 

The follow me deal is a Mid Ohio thing because Novice is considered a riding school day and treated as such more than as a trackday. You won't have to do that again now that you've been there once. Lots of people really like that for their first time at the track. I understand where you're coming from though. 

And yes, when it rains pack up. That track is slicker than shit when wet. 

Next time you have an issue there, especially with a coach go straight to Mark. He doesn't let stuff slide. 

The visor down is a track rule and covered in novice meeting. No exceptions for glasses. That's why he said something to you. It's the rule there and very specifically covered with novice. 

Edited by MidgetTodd

Not to punch it in.. but every org worth its salt has you follow the leader in novice till lunch.. it is a school not a go out and bone your ride or someone else day.. its geared towards those whom have never been on track and need to learn the basics...  and the visor is an everywhere situation.. are your glasses under your visor shatter resistant? We dont know that.. its safety and should be  common knowledge but we cover it anyways.. btw... use the coaches we're there to help you get better.. previous racer or not. There is always something to learn. Always a better line choice, later braking marker, better body position and so on... dont be a "loner" who gets upset that they can't ride their ride when they have never been to a place before.. lest you end up an out of control shit lined rolling road block.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, TwiztedRabbit said:

Not to punch it in.. but every org worth its salt has you follow the leader in novice till lunch.. 

Are you saying Novice is for Novices until you show you are no longer a Novice and it takes a few runs to determine that for sure?  That seems to make sense to me.

• Upvote 4

18 minutes ago, TwiztedRabbit said:

Not to punch it in.. but every org worth its salt has you follow the leader in novice till lunch.. it is a school not a go out and bone your ride or someone else day.. its geared towards those whom have never been on track and need to learn the basics...  and the visor is an everywhere situation.. are your glasses under your visor shatter resistant? We dont know that.. its safety and should be  common knowledge but we cover it anyways.. btw... use the coaches we're there to help you get better.. previous racer or not. There is always something to learn. Always a better line choice, later braking marker, better body position and so on... dont be a "loner" who gets upset that they can't ride their ride when they have never been to a place before.. lest you end up an out of control shit lined rolling road block.

You are wrong on many counts. But you have an audience. Continue on... 

If your going to attempt to call me out.  Please feel free to explain your position using facts. Tell me how you can't ever learn new lines or better braking. Tell me how trackdays aren't a school to learn how to become a better, safer and faster rider(not talking about race schools thise are different). Tell me how its not a safety issue to pull your visor up while on track.. please explain in vivid detail.