Ohio Riders Invades Deals Gap 2017

Casper

I can't make the June run but am planning on trying to do another fall run.

Then again, I've been thinking about riding up to upstate NY where I'm from and hitting VT etc. Really depends on how much vacation I have left when I get later in the year. I already used 3 weeks on the dive trip :nono:

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/27/2017 at 2:44 PM, 2talltim said:

I belive you have to call and say your with Ohio Riders group to get the rate for that week. Can't do it online 

Exactly. You have to call and say you're with the group. 

31 minutes ago, Tpoppa said:

I either need to save my tires for this trip, or burn through them and get new ones before hand.

Or just by another motorcycle and ride that for awhile like I do from time to time.

You could help me continue the annual trip to wheelers tradition. 

4 hours ago, what said:

You could help me continue the annual trip to wheelers tradition. 

I'll probably be doing this for a rear. If i dont ride anymore between now and time to leave I'll have enough tire for the entire ozark/gap trip. If I keep riding I'll probably need to visit wheelers to make it home.

• Upvote 1

I ordered a new PP3 rear last night, though it's going on the track bike and the Q3s from the track bike are migrating over to the Triumph. Dunlop runs really wide on their tires... their 180/55 rear is actually 186mm. Michelin on the other hand runs slightly narrow. I might need a stop in at Wheelers too, depending on how long the Q3s last on the street. They only have 1 track day on them but it beat the rear up pretty good. Soooo sticky though... will be nice on those southern roads with their sand paper asphalt. 

Just like finding cloths brands that fit I guess. 

1 hour ago, Danimal said:

I'm in discussion with Wheelers now about having a specific tire shipped to him for a mounting job during our Gap trip.

Maybe we can all get it done together....

Can you order a tire here and have someone trailer it down or just strap it to your bike? 

5 minutes ago, Tpoppa said:

Can you order a tire here and have someone trailer it down or just strap it to your bike? 

I'll have room to trailer tires and such. I'll be taking the f150 with the bike on it, and my Camper on the hitch. 

Let me know.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Danimal said:

I'm in discussion with Wheelers now about having a specific tire shipped to him for a mounting job during our Gap trip.

Maybe we can all get it done together....

36 minutes ago, Tpoppa said:

I'll have extra room in the car too if it's not shipped straight to Wheeler. I'd imagine he would just order the tire and hang onto it for you though... 

On March 1, 2017 at 0:37 PM, max power said:

I want to come back this year but I'm not putting in for vacation until I know I'm not rolling down solo. Anybody want a spot on my trailer and share expenses?

You better not bitch out I want 2 spots on your trailer and bring that Xr have we're going to do some mountain riding

47 minutes ago, 2talltim said:

Long way out but if i cant get back on the bike by then I might need a ride. Because I'm still going. Haven't missed one yet and I'm not about to start.

I'm trailering down and currently have nobody riding with me. You're welcome to the passenger seat. Not sure I could fit Connie on the trailer with the Trumpet though, Tim(azn)'s Daytona barely fit last year. 

Edited by what

15 minutes ago, what said:

I'm trailering down and currently have nobody riding with me. You're welcome to the passenger seat. Not sure I could fit Connie on the trailer with the Trumpet though, Tim(azn)'s Daytona barely fit last year. 

If i take the bike I'll ride down. If I can't race down I'll just hang out all week

Looks like the only ones trailering are me and What.  

Joel and I were planning to trailer down together and will have four bikes between us. Might be able to fit you on my trailer.

Tim,  you are welcome to ride with us. 

what,  I know we have talked about trailering together. Wasn't sure that I was going until recently and I still haven't got my vacation approved. Get with me and we'll see what we can make happen.  

Depending on Joel getting the twin star ready I may not take my Enduro.  If that's the case, we would have four bikes on my trailer (me, Joel, rawlins, what) which would fit no problem. 5 gets pretty tight, but has been done.  

• Upvote 1