Ohio Riders Invades Deals Gap 2017

Casper

On ‎1‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 4:18 PM, Qman said:

Been there done that!  Awesome and do-able...but That is a LONG haul for 2 days!

On ‎1‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 5:55 PM, Isaac's Papa said:

Nah... It's not that bad. I've done 1000 miles in less than 20 hours and a 400 mile day is sort of average for me. Lol

On ‎1‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 6:50 PM, Qman said:

I have too, but your route is slow and twisty!  Enjoy your ride and be safe!

Ive done Paul's route (mostly) in one day before. I slabbed to the river then did most of his route. Left the house at 3:30 am and made it to Gatlinburg around 10pm, think it was 930 miles total.  Next day got up and did half the brp to Galax, then the other half the next day to Romney, WV. That was the weekend of Dan's Coolwink trip one of my favorite weeks on 2 wheels.

Edited by 2talltim
  • Upvote 1

On ‎1‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 6:38 PM, Connie14 said:

I've got the green light.  I am hoping to make the trip to the Ozarks on the way. 

I've got the Ozark trip mostly planned out, been kind of busy with vacation and my old man being in the hospital. I'll post up the plans soon.

On ‎1‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 6:37 PM, what said:

. I have yet to ride the BRP even though I've ridden over it at least 4 times and 16 is an amazing road from north WV all the way to the end. 

I'll probably do a BRP day when we are at Fontana. Go from Cherokee to Mt Mitchell or reverse. Most likely be Thursday or Friday to beat the weekend traffic, it would be a long day on the bike but worth every mile.

2 minutes ago, 2talltim said:

I'll probably do a BRP day when we are at Fontana. Go from Cherokee to Mt Mitchell or reverse. Most likely be Thursday or Friday to beat the weekend traffic, it would be a long day on the bike but worth every mile.

Google maps says 162 miles from the cabins to Mount Mitchell one way, that wouldn't be too bad. I've been there but never to the top.

4 minutes ago, JustinNck1 said:

Google maps says 162 miles from the cabins to Mount Mitchell one way, that wouldn't be too bad. I've been there but never to the top.

Yea couple hours to slab there maybe add a little more to hit Diamondback. Then 100 miles back to Maggie Valley via BRP. Be about a 350 day but would take all day.

21 minutes ago, 2talltim said:

Ive done Paul's route (mostly) in one day before. I slabbed to the river then did most of his route. Left the house at 3:30 am and made it to Gatlinburg around 10pm, think it was 930 miles total.  Next day got up and did half the brp to Galax, then the other half the next day to Romney, WV. That was the weekend of Dan's Coolwink trip one of my favorite weeks on 2 wheels.

You sir, are an animal.  Perhaps you should seek help for your addiction! :o  What bike did you use, may I ask?

• Upvote 1

Just now, Qman said:

You sir, are an animal.  Perhaps you should seek help for your addiction! :o  What bike did you use, may I ask?

It was on my C14 (concours) all day comfort and she holds her own in the twistes. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, 2talltim said:

Sounds like a good run. I may be down early while you guys are still doing your Tour d'Ozark so I might run up that way during that time as well. 

@TimTheAzn going to find an el-cheapo street bike so you can tag along? I'd offer you the SV as a loaner but the suspension might be a little stiff for you, and I might not have it by the time June rolls around :|

3 minutes ago, what said:

Sounds like a good run. I may be down early while you guys are still doing your Tour d'Ozark so I might run up that way during that time as well. 

@TimTheAzn going to find an el-cheapo street bike so you can tag along? I'd offer you the SV as a loaner but the suspension might be a little stiff for you, and I might not have it by the time June rolls around :|

We'll see what I can afford. I still gotta get tire warmers. *cough* @blue03636 *cough*

• 3 weeks later...
On January 6, 2017 at 3:26 PM, max power said:

Let me know if either of you bubbys wants to share a ride down. I have a trailer and got my suburban back. If it's just 2 of us, we can pull a smaller trailer with the Lezbaru. 

Or if there's anyone else who doesn't have time to do a two day trip down and a two day trip back and doesn't want to wear their ass out on the freeway, speak up now.  

I can haul 4 Sport bikes comfortably and five if necessary. 

Still haven't got another truck puting all my money in another house  my butt cheeks are too tight to get a car loan .  I'll have to see when I get closer to that time I like to ride bike depends on what my Job arrangements are