Ride Saturday 7-29

what

Since Sonik had his new bike debut last weekend, I've decided to piggy-back on his idea. @jacobhawkins, @JustinNck1 and myself will be riding this Saturday and figured we'd post up and see if there was any other interest. We will meet in Otsego and head south from there - we can grab fuel at the gas station in New Concord. Route-wise I'm considering something similar to the spring epic ride, although I think we're open to suggestions. 

Here's a rough idea - https://tinyurl.com/yaj5lq77

Could also head a bit further east and cut out Mcconnelsville, its a bit longer route - https://tinyurl.com/y88dxodt

Edited by what

Use the bucket as a place to meet, you can actually park. :)  Or coming from the north on 83, left on 78 and in about 100 feet there is a pretty decent pull off.

Edited by Tonik

Please don't run over my wife on her spyder and me in front leading her while nodding off. We should be through that area before you. I have a lunch date. Have fun and watch the fresh gravel I posted on 555.

Edited by B-Mac

@Tonik turning into a nancy-boy ever since he picked up that Yamaha, have me questioning whether or not a Yamaha should be in my future...

Anyone that wants to come is welcome, just know that the pace will be anywhere from medium to "spirited". Depends on how fast the new bike and I make friends. 

We could meet at the bucket but I've never been there before... 

Edited by what

11 minutes ago, what said:

@Tonik turning into a nancy-boy ever since he picked up that Yamaha, have me questioning whether or not a Yamaha should be in my future...

Anyone that wants to come is welcome, just know that the pace will be anywhere from medium to "spirited". Depends on how fast the new bike and I make friends. 

right off of 78 close to 83 /78 . You cant will miss it / but good place to meet. 

Around what time will u guys hit Marietta ? Guesstimate 

if i am able to finish my work early morning and head out  (no later than 11 am) / no traffic and 1 gas stop / if i am too optimistic and overconfident / i will try to get there and join for rest of the ride back up. chances are less than 5% as of now :( 

Edited by NinjaDoc

18 minutes ago, what said:

Its on the north side of 78, about 1 mile west of 83 from the north. Easy to spot, there is a big bucket there. Its on a pretty sharp curve so you may not have seen it before.

12 minutes ago, Tonik said:

Its on the north side of 78, about 1 mile west of 83 from the north. Easy to spot, there is a big bucket there. Its on a pretty sharp curve so you may not have seen it before.

Yeah I can't say that I look at scenery too often when there are twisty roads in front of me :p

22 minutes ago, NinjaDoc said:

right off of 78 close to 83 /78 . You cant will miss it / but good place to meet. 

Around what time will u guys hit Marietta ? Guesstimate 

if i am able to finish my work early morning and head out  (no later than 11 am) / no traffic and 1 gas stop / if i am too optimistic and overconfident / i will try to get there and join for rest of the ride back up. chances are less than 5% as of now :( 

Assuming we leave the bucket at around 12:45-1:00, however long it takes us to get there? An hour? I'm pretty terrible at guessing time... I usually get on the bike at 7am and before I know it it's closing in on 5pm and I'm on the way home. 

Someone else might know better the time it takes to go from Muskie Bucket to the start of 26. 

1 hour ago, whaler said:

It will take you an hour if you are spirited, less if you like running 78 west of Caldwell to Woodsfield at 100+ sustained. It's doable.

Woodsfield is east of Caldwell.78 West of Caldwell is a little more difficult to run 100+ sustained.

You can get from the Muskie Bucket to the Ohio River real quck if you go fast enough on 78. East of 77 most the sweepers can be taken at a very high rate of speed if you are so inclined.

• Upvote 2