Fuck your goldwings

serpentracer

I had to do a service on one of these monsters.  the oil change wasn't so bad but the god damn air filter is a nightmare.  having to pull the luggage rack off just to remove the seat and removing so much shit just to get into the bike, that's just assinie.  should have been double the labor price.     anyone ever work on one?  go on youtube and look up how much stuff has to come off to get to it.  

I just wanna work on sportbikes damn it lol.  

• Beer 1

2 minutes ago, serpentracer said:

I had to do a service on one of these monsters.  the oil change wasn't so bad but the god damn air filter is a nightmare.  having to pull the luggage rack off just to remove the seat and removing so much shit just to get into the bike, that's just assinie.  should have been double the labor price.     anyone ever work on one?  go on youtube and look up how much stuff has to come off to get to it.  

I just wanna work on sportbikes damn it lol.  

Won’t do it again unless they want to pay. I understand why the shops want so much cash to service.

plugs and valves were easy...

who designs an air filter location like that, Honda you should be ashamed.

8 hours ago, JustinNck1 said:

Yeah they aren't the easiest to work on. Of course I cuss sportbikes that require fairing removal for an oil change. 

Oh yeah. Don’t get a Triumph then. Freaking ridiculous. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Tonik said:

His dad is selling it already? Or has Justin had enough of working on it?

Yea his pops and mama bear aren't the happiest with the comfort. I'm sure he'll chime in. Not 100% on the selling part. 

Edited by 2talltim

2 hours ago, 2talltim said:

Yea his pops and mama bear aren't the happiest with the comfort. I'm sure he'll chime in. Not 100% on the selling part. 

So they were not happy with the stock seat. Buyers remorse hit IMO. They couldn't get a seat made in time for their trip out west, so they bit the bullet and bought the Honda Comfort seat. They are happy with it now.

• 2 weeks later...

Also fuck your full bagger harleys, yamaha's, and kawasaki's.  The shop i work at has been charging $80 on the bike if bought tire from us.  I called powder keg harley and they want   $550 including a tire and on the bike

I been tryin to tell the service manager he is under charging.  We're a frigging harley charity.

Edited by serpentracer

Oh yeah a damn yamaha v star has the exhaust passing in front of the oil filter cover.  I have to take the damn exhaust off to remove the oil filter.  But we still charge nothing extra like dumbasses

Edited by serpentracer

40 minutes ago, what said:

god damn $500 tire change? I'd be running brick hard car tires both front and back if labor alone was $500

Lot of wingers do. With factory tires the wife and I would have had to by a tire on our trip out west if we had a wing. They don't last for crap.

1 hour ago, what said:

god damn $500 tire change? I'd be running brick hard car tires both front and back if labor alone was $500

Most of them want to stick to the dunlop that comes on them.  They suck to do a rear tire.  First getting that 1000lb pig on a lift is a 2 man job. Strapping it down too.  Then off with the painted saddlebags.  Then the exhaust has to be loosened and some have to come off, then the brackets to the sadlebags on the left side and sometimes the right.  Then the brake caliper.  Now you have to jack the bike up to take pressure off it.  mark the belt adjusters on the axle with a marker(what i do)so i can get it back in the same spot.  Now you gotta bust out a 36mm socket and a 1.5" wrench to loosen the axle.  Then you can remove the axle.  (Some have to be hammered out if a dipshit didnt put grease on it the last time).  Now you can roll the wheel forward to take belt off.  Now you have to jack the bike up about 12" to clear the fender with the tire.  Now go wrestle a rock hard tire that is hard even for a tire machine to remove.  Total mount and balance is another 20 mins.  If its a cast wheel. If its spoked niwvyou have to do an innertube too which adds another 8 mins of cussing trying to get your hands in there to get the valve stem through the rim.  Then out it all back together.  It takes me an hour and 15 mins to do just the rear.  And these guys show up wanting it done as they wait.  But they have to be somewhere in 50 mins.  Literally had a guy with 5 others waiting to go riding and he started whining its taking so long.  I want to bitch slap these guys and tell them its not a fucking car jackass.  Its not 5 lug nuts. 

Then you get the asshole with led light strips all the way front to rear under the frame where the jack needs to go.   Well guess what poser, now you have to buy new ones.  Or pay us to remove them and re install.  Which needs an adhesive we charge for.  Plus the 20 mins of work removing and cleaning and re gluing.  Buy some more stupid shit.  

.  Dont be like these jackwads with your bikes.  Techs hate assholes with led strips all over.  90% of the time its hacked and mounted to shit that has to come off for routine service.  And of course they dont unplug and glued on.

Also guys with dirtbikes and no stands.  We cant lean them on someones bike.  You dont have a kickstand we make you buy those $20 rk triangle stands.  Not sure some guys have functioning brains sometimes.

Edited by serpentracer

On 5/25/2018 at 10:54 PM, serpentracer said:

Most of them want to stick to the dunlop that comes on them.  They suck to do a rear tire.  First getting that 1000lb pig on a lift is a 2 man job. Strapping it down too.  Then off with the painted saddlebags.  Then the exhaust has to be loosened and some have to come off, then the brackets to the sadlebags on the left side and sometimes the right.  Then the brake caliper.  Now you have to jack the bike up to take pressure off it.  mark the belt adjusters on the axle with a marker(what i do)so i can get it back in the same spot.  Now you gotta bust out a 36mm socket and a 1.5" wrench to loosen the axle.  Then you can remove the axle.  (Some have to be hammered out if a dipshit didnt put grease on it the last time).  Now you can roll the wheel forward to take belt off.  Now you have to jack the bike up about 12" to clear the fender with the tire.  Now go wrestle a rock hard tire that is hard even for a tire machine to remove.  Total mount and balance is another 20 mins.  If its a cast wheel. If its spoked niwvyou have to do an innertube too which adds another 8 mins of cussing trying to get your hands in there to get the valve stem through the rim.  Then out it all back together.  It takes me an hour and 15 mins to do just the rear.  And these guys show up wanting it done as they wait.  But they have to be somewhere in 50 mins.  Literally had a guy with 5 others waiting to go riding and he started whining its taking so long.  I want to bitch slap these guys and tell them its not a fucking car jackass.  Its not 5 lug nuts. 

Then you get the asshole with led light strips all the way front to rear under the frame where the jack needs to go.   Well guess what poser, now you have to buy new ones.  Or pay us to remove them and re install.  Which needs an adhesive we charge for.  Plus the 20 mins of work removing and cleaning and re gluing.  Buy some more stupid shit.  

.  Dont be like these jackwads with your bikes.  Techs hate assholes with led strips all over.  90% of the time its hacked and mounted to shit that has to come off for routine service.  And of course they dont unplug and glued on.

Lol, this is why people believe it should cost so much. Harley bagger tires are simple IMO. Yes, I load them on the lift table by myself.2 straps and a scissor lift get the rear tire off with no issue. Saddlebags are literally 2 quick turn fasteners  The tire mounting on a Harley 16 inch wheel is a freaking cake walk compared to a sportbike. Belt adjustment, which is usually needed, is super simple with the correct tool. Now the LED lighting stuff is the bullshit I can't stand. It's never done clean and no one seems to want to use a quick disconnect stuff.

13 hours ago, JustinNck1 said:

Lol, this is why people believe it should cost so much. Harley bagger tires are simple IMO. Yes, I load them on the lift table by myself.2 straps and a scissor lift get the rear tire off with no issue. Saddlebags are literally 2 quick turn fasteners  The tire mounting on a Harley 16 inch wheel is a freaking cake walk compared to a sportbike. Belt adjustment, which is usually needed, is super simple with the correct tool. Now the LED lighting stuff is the bullshit I can't stand. It's never done clean and no one seems to want to use a quick disconnect stuff.

We are not a harley dealer so i dont have access to the manuals to know about the belt tension or any special tools.    So i dont adjust it.  Unless it is really loose ill do it about as tight as kawasaki and yamaha has theirs.   Our policy is 2 guys to load it.  They may have dropped one in the past.  

Youre crazy if a sportbike is hard.  Its 1/4 of the work.  And the tires are usually soft enough to almost remove by hand.  

Edited by serpentracer

9 hours ago, cOoTeR said:

Just start changing the tires like this guy. 

https://youtu.be/TShysJyHb-0

Thats nuts.  But ive never seen a harley, yamaha and kawasaki cruiser with lug nuts.  It would be sweet.  But they have axles that go all the way through.  Even in the ones with a driveshaft.  I would love it if they had lug nuts.