Jet bike at QS&L

Did anyone else get to see or hear this thing? Probaly one of the coolest bikes I have seen recently. Guy pulled up and really drew a crowd. Does anyone have any details on the bike? We tried to talk with him, but he seemed pretty busy.

Tom

He rode it in, the guy was maybe 45-48 years old. It is gloss black, and really doesn't look special, until it is started. It has a Y2K emblem on both sides, and says "something rolls royce turbine". It also has "stay 20 feet back", next to the exhaust outlets. He said it has a two speed auto, but you have to let it spool :eek: Somebody else had to have seen this thing.

Tom

I was just at route 66 speedway this weekend and watched many jets go mid 6's. Whoever wants to drive those things are nuts and I don't understand how they could drive on the street? When those afterburners kick in, the flame comes out at least 15-20' minimum.

Originally posted by BDHG940:

I was just at route 66 speedway this weekend and watched many jets go mid 6's. Whoever wants to drive those things are nuts and I don't understand how they could drive on the street? When those afterburners kick in, the flame comes out at least 15-20' minimum.

I think you are talking about jet drag bikes. This is a specail bike well kind of made for public roads not a drag only bike.

Guest jpurdy2003
I saw that on Car Crazy on Speed Channel. Jay Leno has one, and some dude that had to do with the production of it said that they're unsure of the top speed because they haven't had enough room to max it out.