Help. GM dealerships open today?

Buck531

Originally posted by racinbird:

Why, whats going on? I doubt you will find any service/parts open, but I think sales is open.

I need a coolant bypass hose. It goes from my lower intake to the tensioner on my turd. Autozone, Advance don't have it. They do have one.. but it's a 5/8ths ID.. I need a 3/4's. ..it's also a 90* bend too.

Originally posted by racinbird:

Shoot, cant help you there, you will need a chevy, maybe pontiac dealer for the specific part...with the bend. Good luck, try calling around

I have the part number. Just need to find a place to go get it. One of my friends said he found one at Pep Boys. I guess I'll try them later today. I'm going to call Napa at 10 when they open.

Originally posted by Buck531:

I need a coolant bypass hose. It goes from my lower intake to the tensioner on my turd. Autozone, Advance don't have it. They do have one.. but it's a 5/8ths ID.. I need a 3/4's. ..it's also a 90* bend too.

I've gotten these from autozone or advanced (I can't remember which) before.. They are allot cheaper too because I think it's like 3 dollars a yard for the hoses.

Damnit Buck, I had an extra here but I just gave it to someone else in need last weekend.

It's a dealer only part. You won't find it anywhere but an AC Delco rep.

Try looking up "Automotive Warehouse Distributors" (ADW) on Morse and Westerville Road. I highly doubt they are open on Sundays, but it's worth a shot.

Well, I tried napa.. nada. said they didn't have it. I posted my issue on another forum and one of the guys said to go to Pep boys (turds). I hate that place, but what the hell. I called them up.. The guy on the phone... without even looking up the part... says "nope, we don't carry those". WTF. Whatever, so I hop in the wifes car and head over to the morse road one. No shit.. right there in the help section. Coolant bypass hose FOR a '95-'04 GM 3.8.

Fixed. done smile.gif .

Now my alternator is taking a shit on me. :( . graemlins/doh.gif

Originally posted by Long Shoreman:

Damnit Buck, I had an extra here but I just gave it to someone else in need last weekend.

It's a dealer only part. You won't find it anywhere but an AC Delco rep.

Try looking up "Automotive Warehouse Distributors" (ADW) on Morse and Westerville Road. I highly doubt they are open on Sundays, but it's worth a shot.

I posted a minute after yours smile.gif . Pep Boys actually had them. graemlins/thumb.gif

edit - just saw your above post.

Yep.. they do make it. There's two sizes that come in the package. If you want, I'll go get the part number that's out in the garage ;) .