Who Can Mount And Balance Rims/Tires?

Wease

I'm getting new rims for my Formula, they are brand new, no tires on them at all. I need the new tires I'm buying mounted and static balanced (no wheel weights on the outside of the rim). Anyone do that here or hook me up with a deal? Obviously I need someone who knows what they are doing and won't fuck up my rims... :D

Guy up near 23 and 270 that numerous people had suggested to me before I got the last set of tires for the S4. He is pretty reasonable and I thought did a very good job with my tires.

$5 to mount, $5 to balance and $5 to take them on and off the car, and a $3 disposal fee per tire (if you need those last two). So if you had them off of the car it would cost you $10/tire to mount and balance. He has the same stuff I watched them use when I got tires for the Talon at Discount Tire. He did the two weights, both on the inside portion of the rim, one close to the inside and one as close to the outside as he could get (I don't know if that 'static' balencing or not).

His Names Phil Alspach, he just works out of his house. He mounts by appointment only; so you'll have to call, also make sure his equipment can do your size rim/tire. His number is 614-888-8100. His address is 44 Forest Ridge Dr. Pretty nice guy with a few cool cars too. He mostly mounts tires for local racers, a big SCCA supporter. He started up his Mod D car for me (prototype looking car with a 900cc bike engine).

He also has the cleanest FB I've ever seen. graemlins/thumb.gif

Originally posted by Neo:

Guy up near 23 and 270 that numerous people had suggested to me before I got the last set of tires for the S4. He is pretty reasonable and I thought did a very good job with my tires.

$5 to mount, $5 to balance and $5 to take them on and off the car, and a $3 disposal fee per tire (if you need those last two). So if you had them off of the car it would cost you $10/tire to mount and balance. He has the same stuff I watched them use when I got tires for the Talon at Discount Tire. He did the two weights, both on the inside portion of the rim, one close to the inside and one as close to the outside as he could get (I don't know if that 'static' balencing or not).

His Names Phil Alspach, he just works out of his house. He mounts by appointment only; so you'll have to call, also make sure his equipment can do your size rim/tire. His number is 614-888-8100. His address is 44 Forest Ridge Dr. Pretty nice guy with a few cool cars too. He mostly mounts tires for local racers, a big SCCA supporter. He started up his Mod D car for me (prototype looking car with a 900cc bike engine).

He also has the cleanest FB I've ever seen. graemlins/thumb.gif

Phil has done all my racing and street tires for years. He does a good job and is cheap.

He's our SCCA regions treasurer and was Regional Executive for years. You know he has been a memeber of the SCCA forever when his membership number is 209 ;) . I have been in for 7 years and mine is 268441.

No offense 7...but when I offered it was for free..just my good will donation to CR...and anything else you guys need...alignments, suspension work, tranny and rad flushes....look me up...almost positive my price will be less than ANYONE else..

Originally posted by staywide8:

No offense 7...but when I offered it was for free..just my good will donation to CR...

Hell, I didn't know that! OK, you're back on the top of the list... graemlins/thumb.gif

Originally posted by staywide8:

wease...i work evenings usually so give me a call then...761-0052

Actually, I ended up having Nick @ NTB do them yesterday. My schedule is crazy during the week, I wouldn't be able to get to them until next weekend and I didn't want to wait any longer. Thanks for offer and if anything else comes up that I need, I'll call ya... graemlins/thumb.gif