Where do you get your gas?

Tulo

Originally posted by AudiOn19s:

We started to recommend that people not use BP gas and got in a heap of trouble because somehow it got back to BP.

Yep, it got back to "us" smile.gif .

Interesting fact about the whole "GM dealerships hate BP". EVERY case that we heard about was exactly as described before in this thread. People who used shit gas began using BP gas, and ended up with clogged fuel filters and/or injectors.

Now, some of you may be familiar with the 2 GM dealerships in Zanesville. Mechanics from both dealerships, along with service writers, and the owner of the Chevrolet dealership all buy BP fuels, and run it in their GM cars.

One last comment... I know I've typed a lot in this thread. I have seen many sets of valves, many intake runners, and many combustion chambers on BP fuel user's vehicles. They are always, entirely spotless. Take that for whatever it's worth.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I too have used every gas brand in Ohio and I haven't noticed anything bad about any type. It must be in peoples heads since I drive 700+ miles a week and log my mileage and receipts for reimbursment from my company. I pay attention to things like gas mileage because it will effect my

reimbursment.

Evan

Guest FBody Addict
Originally posted by SHIEF:

Alot of GM injectors just go bad to begin with, so you can't put all the blame on BP gas. GM injectors just suck.

it depends on the injector type

my grandfather's lumina had 2 go bad--he always buys at speedway

i have never had a problem with them

our astro van never had a problem with them

i wont have to worry about them much longer, as i am putting in aftermarkets

Originally posted by NurkVinny:

Originally posted by AudiOn19s:

[qb]One last comment... I know I've typed a lot in this thread. I have seen many sets of valves, many intake runners, and many combustion chambers on BP fuel user's vehicles. They are always, entirely spotless. Take that for whatever it's worth.

detonation keeps things clean as hell, doesn't it. :D;)

Guest Tony_K

When I moved here, I called several oil companies to speak to their quality management departments about the alcohols and additives in their fuels in this region, and as of about a year and a half ago, Shell, Exxon, and Mobil do not use alcohols. Hence, I go with one of those.

I, too, like many on here, have noticed my car run poorly and experience a drop in mileage using BP fuels. No bias, just experience and a calculator.

I mainly use Sunoco or Speedway. Main reason I don't like BP gas is because in Licking County, almost all the BP stations were bought by Duke & Dutches. I never use Duke gas in any of my cars. They put way to much water in there gas. Anyway, now all those BP stations are now Duke stations or are now BP stations selling Duke gas.

Originally posted by punkrocker3_00:

I mainly use Sunoco or Speedway. Main reason I don't like BP gas is because in Licking County, almost all the BP stations were bought by Duke & Dutches. I never use Duke gas in any of my cars. They put way to much water in there gas. Anyway, now all those BP stations are now Duke stations or are now BP stations selling Duke gas.

Incorrect.

BP merged with Amoco.

BP / Amoco bought many D&D stations.

BP and D&D stations are now all selling BP/Amoco fuels, not old D&D fuel.

Really wasn't my intention. smile.gif

It just gets tough to listen to so many myths and incorrect comments about one of the few subjects I know a lot about.

Believe me, I'm not trying to convert anyone from their current fuel. But, somewhere along the line, BP pissed off the wrong people at GM, and also pissed off the wrong treehuggers.

No oil company is innocent, and none are as environmentally friendly as they could be. Somehow, companies like Shell have gotten a better reputation. Sometimes I wonder if it's because BP stands for "British" petroleum?

Guest riggs867

I am thinking that one major difference between people has to do with brand loyalty. I would bet that people who hop around from brand to brand do not care or realize there is a difference, and are the people most likely to experience a problem.

On the other hand, people who are into the performance thing try to stick to what they know works. If you are running more than 10 points compression, BP is probably not the gasoline for you. This is not just a BP thing, as this same thing happened when they were called SOHIO. They make claims about fuel line freeze-up (read: alcohol), and cleaner burning (read: detergents). This is all well and good for your stock Toyota Corolla. The average commuter car probably doesn't care what 87 octane fuel you put in it, as long as the fuel filter can catch the big chunks. A motor with a bunch of compression or timing will care. Hence the need for Turbo Blue, Cam2, and VP.

You can't blame BP for selling gas for normal cars, as normal cars are probably 99+ percent of their business. Just my .02 anyway . . .

Originally posted by Gas, Grass, or Ass:

sunoco in everything unless I'm somewhere that they have a union 76 station (not in ohio anymore)

Are those the places that have big ball for the sign, or they used to?

Earlier today I was trying to remember what gas station used to be where this Brewesters is now near my house. That name clicked something back in my memories about it.