Nissan quality what?

copperhead

http://www.freep.com/money/autonews/nissan30e_20041030.htm

looks like they aren't doing so great, but at least they are TRYING to improve. They know they have problems, but still have a ways to go to come close to the quality of other auto manufacturers *cough* Toyota *cough*

graemlins/gay.gif

Who cares

Wonder who's full size truck ranks highest by all major magazines (car and driver, etc./car shows this year :confused: Oh that's right the Titan. With Toyotas full size falling close to last in all the test/reviews that I've seen smile.gif

Originally posted by SHIEF:

graemlins/gay.gif

Who cares

Wonder who's full size truck ranks highest by all major magazines (car and driver, etc./car shows this year :confused: Oh that's right the Titan. With Toyotas full size falling close to last in all the test/reviews that I've seen smile.gif

True statement. Nissan > Toyota

Originally posted by B DUBS:

True statement. Nissan > Toyota

Nissan.bankruptcy.what? If they're so awesome, why, in 1999, were their balls an inch and a half from the band saw? Not to mention that Toyota has the largest cash reserves of any company on the face of the earth.

I work at Toyota, but I will let you in on the secret everyone else already knows in the industry...Nissan/Infiniti ALWAYS lags behind in quality. As for design, consider that the Toyota Tundra platform is unchanged in several years and will get a major redesign soon. Ever hear of TMMTX??

The topic of the post was quality:

Toyota >> Nissan.

graemlins/gay.gif

Who cares

I would rather a truck that worked all the time and came in second in the opinion of a mag or car show then one at the dealership being repaired every 5k miles.

Originally posted by RX7dood:

Honda >>toyota and nissan.

+1

Although in over 53k miles I NEVER had a single problem with my Maxima aside from mods and maintenance. Same brakes, belts, hoses, bearings...whereas I've heard about Toyota headgasket problems on the late 90s 2.2L 4cyl.

I still think Toyota is better quality than Nissan overall, but Honda trumps everyone. I just wish they would come out with a body-on-frame truck. However, they stick with what they know.

Our team guy from North Carolina has a Tundra with the I-force V8. It sucks. Shitty suspension, shitty interior, shitty powerband, he get's shit on by all of our trucks. The only cool thing that I like about his truck is the dual weather-stripping on the doors. But that does beg the question, why does it need dual weather-stripping?

Ford trucks > *

I like the Titan a LOT, it is a very nice truck. But it still gets shit on by the big three. That is, until Nissan rolls out a 3/4 ton or a 1 ton truck. That will be something to fear!

Originally posted by BIG PAPA:

I would rather a truck that worked all the time and came in second in the opinion of a mag or car show then one at the dealership being repaired every 5k miles.

Titan is brand new, so give it a few to see if it keeps going back to the shop or not. It may be cheaper (fully loaded) then the others for a reason, dunno yet. Now when it comes to cars Honda's are very hard to beat for daily drivers and everyone knows it. And for you Honda fans, a truck is on the way. Dunno if it's mid-size or full, V6 or V8, but none the less it should be good. As for Nissan trucks, I could car less about em. As soon as the 240 is going good, I'm getting a 01-02 Dakota w/ V8. Worked on a few of them and drove a couple and those are nice trucks graemlins/thumb.gif

Originally posted by Corolla sans Engine:

Nissan.bankruptcy.what? If they're so awesome, why, in 1999, were their balls an inch and a half from the band saw? Not to mention that Toyota has the largest cash reserves of any company on the face of the earth.

I work at Toyota, but I will let you in on the secret everyone else already knows in the industry...Nissan/Infiniti ALWAYS lags behind in quality. As for design, consider that the Toyota Tundra platform is unchanged in several years and will get a major redesign soon. Ever hear of TMMTX??

The topic of the post was quality:

Toyota >> Nissan.

ehhhhh Nissans new designs >>>>> everything toyota has in their current lineup.

And yes toyota is the largest of the 3 big japenese manufactuors, although i do believe honda and nissan are almost deadlocked.

255,000 miles on a 92 Nissan 4X4... after that, it took the following to kill it:

1) Go four wheeling a quart low on oil

2) Go four wheeling with a leaking radiator

3) Roll the truck on its side, (While four wheeling) submerging it in water.

4) Debate on swimming back in to shut it off, because no oil is pumping through it while on its side.

5) Decide against it for fear of hydrolocking the engine.

6) Drive home.

7) Drive another 1000 miles without adding oil.

8) Notice rod knock, ever so faint.

9) Add two quarts of Lucas.

10) Run its guts out for overheating. (It did it to be spiteful smile.gif )

11) Laugh.

Repeat steps 9 - 11 until putting a rod through the oil pan.

Nissan > * IMHO :D

That news story was talking more about the quality of Nissan vehicles from the last few years, rather than the older ones that most of you seem to be talking of, with the exception of the Titan.

SlowZ06 - I started my old carbed '87 Toyota 4x4 while the hood was submerged in water. Ran fine until I sold it with a burnt up clutch.

And as for the comparison of Tundra's and TITan's - Look at ANY fullsize truck before the current era. Before the new "bigrig" Ram's, before the F-150's and Silverado's became round. The Tundra is the same size as any of those trucks. The Tundra has the same power, if not more than any 302 or 350 or 360 powered trucks of that era. So, why does everyone seem to think the Tundra isn't a fullsize truck? It's because the Big 3 have comparing penis sizes for the last decade, trying to see whose is bigger. Nissan saw Toyota finally get on board, and decided to follow suit, only making their attempt as hidious as possible, while screaming that their dick is the biggest. At least they went with a DOHC motor that puts out more power than the *base* V8 American trucks, while doing their best to emulate the same build quality used by the Big 3, but they apparently went too far.

Wasn't Nissan and Ford in bed to build the current model Quest/Windstar minivans?

Originally posted by copperhead:

SlowZ06 - I started my old carbed '87 Toyota 4x4 while the hood was submerged in water. Ran fine until I sold it with a burnt up clutch.

I remember you talking about this before. Think about what you just wrote for a second, you did not start it under water.

Originally posted by copperhead:

That news story was talking more about the quality of Nissan vehicles from the last few years, rather than the older ones that most of you seem to be talking of, with the exception of the Titan.

And as for the comparison of Tundra's and TITan's - Look at ANY fullsize truck before the current era. Before the new "bigrig" Ram's, before the F-150's and Silverado's became round. The Tundra is the same size as any of those trucks. The Tundra has the same power, if not more than any 302 or 350 or 360 powered trucks of that era. So, why does everyone seem to think the Tundra isn't a fullsize truck? It's because the Big 3 have comparing penis sizes for the last decade, trying to see whose is bigger. Nissan saw Toyota finally get on board, and decided to follow suit, only making their attempt as hidious as possible, while screaming that their dick is the biggest. At least they went with a DOHC motor that puts out more power than the *base* V8 American trucks, while doing their best to emulate the same build quality used by the Big 3, but they apparently went too far.

I was talking about trucks of today. The Tundra I referred to is a 2003 model.

It seems to me that you are the one trying to refer to older model trucks versus the newer trucks. You are trying to compare the new Tundra to a pre-1997 ("before they were round") F150, Silverado, etc. That is lame. You are saying that the Tundra should be considered viable competition to the trucks of today because it has similar power numbers to trucks made almost 10 years ago - but it wasn't made 10 years ago. Standards change, and it's well below the current standards. You cannot possibly tell someone to consider the Tundra as competition to today’s trucks.

When I look at what each manufacturer is producing for 2004, I see the Tundra as more competition for the Ranger than I see it as competition for the F150. The 2004 F150 kicks the ever living fuck out of the Tundra. All of the big three full size truck offerings beat the snot out of the Tundra, hands down. As someone here who has driven and has first hand towing experience with new Ford, Dodge, Chevy, and Toyota trucks - the Toyota is marginal at best.

I also find it funny that you are speaking of Nissan's entry into the full size truck market and "going too far" with respect to quality in a derogatory light. Since when is offering a badass truck that is full of features, is powerful, sells at a competitive price, and is succeeding wildly, a bad thing? Oh, it's only a bad thing when you like Toyotas and Toyota is getting the snot beat out of it by the big three and a newcomer, Nissan, who has zero experience in the full size truck market.

I drove the Titan in April when I was searching for a new truck; I was flat out floored at the quality of the truck. It was very, very nice and well engineered. I tow with a regular full size truck more than most people here, and I love my 250 and I'm glad that I bought it. But I can tell you, if Nissan brings a 3/4 or 1 ton truck to market - Ford better watch out. All of the big three had better watch out. I'm a die hard Ford truck guy, but I will seriously consider a 3/4 or 1 ton Nissan truck in a year or two when it's time to upgrade again.

Unfortunately, every experience I have seen with the Toyota Tundra leaves me wondering why they entered the "full size" truck market at all. Guess those Ranger people better watch out!

well as far as i'm concerned, the 4x4 taco rides like shit, and is lacking on the power, plus you can't get a v6 supercharged with a manual tranny. yes my truck is also lacking in the power area, but it's more easily modded than a naturally aspirated vehicle, plus it's manual transmission. Have 16,500 hard miles, i beat my truck pretty good, no major problems, had a leak in the 3rd tail light, and the wiring to the license plate bulbs was fucked up. but thats it. the toyota tundra is not even a 1/4 of the truck that the Titan is. The nissan Titan OWNS the competition for a reason. and yes, a bigger Nissan truck is in the makings. So watch out ford, chevy, and dodge. Nissan>*

Tundra is NOT a full-size truck. That's like saying that Dakota I want is a full size truck, but it's far from a full-size truck whether it has the 4-door option w/ 4x4 or not. Yet it's in the same category as a Tundra. Copperhead, your right Nissan did go over the top with the Titan, that's why it's at the top of every category as far as full-size trucks go, maybe they should tone it down so they can give Toyota a better chance smile.gif I like all sorts of cars/trucks and have owned a vast range of cars, so don't pull the "you own a 240, so your bias" card. I'm just telling you how it is (along with others).

Originally posted by rarest truck on CR:

plus you can't get a v6 supercharged with a manual tranny.

Sure you can. The supercharger is a dealer option, not factory, and there is one available for nearly every toyota motor in production right now, including all of the trucks. The two wheel drive tacoma with a V6 is the sport model, which is only available with a manual, and the V6 4x4's are available with a manual. The V6 blower was out for years before the four cylinder one was available. The Tacoma V6 is standard in the Tundra, with the 4.7 V8 as an option. There is a blower available for that motor. However, no manual was designed for the V8.

Chris - I still think you should have got a turbodiesel tongue.gif For as much towing as you do, there's no comparasin. For occasional light duty hauling/towing, I'm happy with my reliable compact truck that gets 27 miles per gallon

Guest Ranger_Man
Originally posted by Rane:

Cars>Trucks

tow your car with a car for any measurable distance. cars and trucks both have thier benifits. of course everyone now knows that you are too ignorant to pick up on that. course, that comes as no huge surprise.

Tundra is NOT a full-size truck. That's like saying that Dakota I want is a full size truck, but it's far from a full-size truck whether it has the 4-door option w/ 4x4 or not. Yet it's in the same category as a Tundra. Copperhead, your right Nissan did go over the top with the Titan, that's why it's at the top of every category as far as full-size trucks go, maybe they should tone it down so they can give Toyota a better chance smile.gif I like all sorts of cars/trucks and have owned a vast range of cars, so don't pull the "you own a 240, so your bias" card. I'm just telling you how it is (along with others).

the Tundra Is a fullsized pickup

the only 2 companys tha to offer a mid size truck is dodge and GM.

Originally posted by Speci@lized.:

the Tundra Is a fullsized pickup

the only 2 companys tha to offer a mid size truck is dodge and GM.

The Dakota has been the only midsize for years, but no more. The new Chevy Colorado is a midsize, as is the '05 Tacoma.